What happened to the snow?

General Discussions: ASK John: What happened to the snow?

By yamidude on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 02:14 pm: Edit Post

Has there been a change in the weather pattern for the midwest? Here in chicago we were getting snow every other day for a month, and the past 2 weeks we've had nothing, seems like wisconsin and the U.P have been the same.

By sledjunkie25 on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 05:03 pm: Edit Post

North Iowa was on its way to a record year for snowfall but we seem to be in a snow drought also..very depressing

By yamidude on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 05:18 pm: Edit Post

Try counting on the snow to make a living in the winter time... With the economy the way it is, snow plowing was the only hope we had left to make some money... Keeping my fingers crossed this pattern isn't here to stay

By admin on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 05:43 pm: Edit Post

Yep, just a change in the pattern.

Some signs that the pattern might get snowy again after next week.

-John

By weatherboy on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 07:27 pm: Edit Post

all the snow is down in ohio for a change and is actually sticking around for more than two weeks. Its a miracle!lol

By sledjunkie25 on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 11:06 pm: Edit Post

Yamidude-
I know what you mean i made close to $900 in december early january and spent most of it on our trip during new years and we are planning another trip for late february so i need some cash soon! Let it snow!

By cmharcou on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 07:47 am: Edit Post

WE got a foot of snow in Indianapolis. The most snow here in 13 years. Been riding every day this week!

By arctiva on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 01:49 pm: Edit Post

No one in there right mind outside of the LES snowbelt or mountains should be counting on snow to make a liveing. Maybe some extra cash but i mean really with the cost of the truck/snowplow/gas/diesel you need to plow alot of snow.

By yamidude on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 05:11 pm: Edit Post

We plow alot, and when i say alot I mean over 150+ commercial accounts... Residential construction is what I do to make a living... Bad economy = no work...

By hunter74 on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 01:40 pm: Edit Post

So much for a pattern change - well it did change to rain and warm.. Now back to suppression city and no snow for the Upper MW.

By yamidude on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 07:31 pm: Edit Post

John- Whats the long term look like? Early Spring? We need some more of that white gold!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration