What is up with the Boot Lake CAM at Birches Resort?

General Discussions: ASK John: What is up with the Boot Lake CAM at Birches Resort?

By fatrat454 on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 05:13 pm: Edit Post

This CAM has been out for a few weeks now. Was just wondering what might be going on?

By admin on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 08:07 pm: Edit Post

Your guess would be as good as mine. The only two cams I am responsible for are the AL Cam and the Trail Cam. All the others are owned and operated by other individuals/businesses.

Right now I am having my own set of problems with the Trail Cam. Planning on making the 3rd 45 minute one way trip to it in a week to try and fix things tomorrow. A real PITA!

By fatrat454 on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 12:40 pm: Edit Post

If it makes you feel better I drive 1 hour and 15 minutes to work-One Way-I love spending that much time in a truck that gets 15 MPG.

I will call Birches and see why the CAM is out.

By admin on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 01:01 pm: Edit Post

I remember those days.

1 hour drive to work (with no traffic at 4:30 am) and then a 2-3 hour drive home (depending on traffic, accidents, weather, etc). I would have loved to take the train, but there was not one that got me in early enough.

I am making up for lost time now, with my 30 second commute from bed to upstairs.

FYI, I do an audit of the cams every autumn and get rid of those that have not updated in a while, but as far as why they have not, that is up to the individual or business that owns the cam.

By kevisip on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 01:13 pm: Edit Post

John, if you skip every-other step, you could make it to the top in 15 seconds, right?..If my math is right!

By admin on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 01:43 pm: Edit Post

Actually, at my age it might slow me down! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration