What's up with your camera and the trail camera?

General Discussions: ASK John: What's up with your camera and the trail camera?

By zimmbob on Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 12:30 pm: Edit Post

No Picture! Been that way for a while. I know you had trouble with the trail cam last year. But usually yours works great.

By admin on Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 12:48 pm: Edit Post

I think there is one of those stupid automated software upgrades that keeps popping up and stalling the machine out until a choice is made to upgrade or pass. I need to get down there and figure out how to turn the upgrade request off. Hopefully my health will allow that to happen soon.

In the mean time I may see if the folks at the Wildlife Refuge Cabins can go down and just reboot, that would let it run for a few days or perhaps a week or two.

Other than that issue, it is a pretty stable system and should be good for the winter season.

By uncle_ed on Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 04:37 pm: Edit Post

There is software out there where you can remotely access a computor and fix any problems with it including doing a remote reboot. I use a free software called Teamviewer http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx
I can log on and control the computor and change settings or reboot just as if I were there. The connection is a little slow but works great.

By jourdanbennett on Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 04:45 pm: Edit Post

www.logmein.com is similar software to teamviewer and also has a free version. I use it to control 5 different machines from one location, might save you some time John.

By admin on Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 04:51 pm: Edit Post

I do use logmein. Pretty nice for free. Sometimes the machine is froze in a manner where remote software will not work though.\

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration