Digital Camera

General Discussions: ASK John: Digital Camera

By Rev600HO on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 10:26 pm: Edit Post

John -
What kind of camera do you use? And do you keep it inside your jacket or in a outside pocket? Just curious.

By John Dee on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 10:14 am: Edit Post

I have a Sony DSC-H2. A nice cam with lots of features/flexability.

However, it is a monster. Almost as large as an SLR. When riding I actually store it in my windshield bag inside a hat that also has some bubble wrap. The hat/bubble wrap are for protection from bouncing around. Keeping it in the windshield bag it gets some heat from the engine and that keeps the batteries from going dead.

I actually had my eye on the DSC-H3 the other day as it has many of the same options, but a much smaller size. Problem is, my H2 is only less than a year old and do not want to spend another $300 just for a smaller size when what I have works fine.

By Karen on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 11:36 am: Edit Post

For any one interested, when I go riding, I keep my Sony in my windshield bag, in it's soft camera case, with one of the "Heat Treat" "Toe Warmers", and I use the second one inside whatever pocket I keep my Cel phone in. (2 toe warmers come in a packet, so it's a good deal)

By brandon flaata on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 05:34 pm: Edit Post

i usually keep my camera in a zipper pocket i have on my snowmobile bibs, or else in an inside pocket on my jacket. never had a problem with it in either of those places. karen, i like your idea of using toe warmers too, i never thought about that... i may have to use that idea this winter. thanks for the idea!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration