User name ??

General Discussions: ASK John: User name ??

By Timothy Knight on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 08:31 pm: Edit Post

I see that my full name get's used when I post sometime. not my user name but now I notice one time that my user name got use in the posting. So what one is really the one that get's used for posting?????????

By John Dee on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 10:08 am: Edit Post

I am not sure why this happens, but have a suspicion that it has something to do with the way the programs creates and looks for cookies on your computer.

I will look into this a bit further as I know it has been a problem since the board went to profiles being required for posting. In the mean time you can do an end around and edit your profile to change your full name to what ever you want displayed.

-John

By lakesimcoe on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 11:39 am: Edit Post

JOHN- normally when i post in the area conditions part of the message board my user name comes up and when i post everywhere else my name comes up. Well just a few seconds ago my user name came up for the first time in the off topic section. Just thought i would let you know.

David S

By lakesimcoe on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 11:39 am: Edit Post

Now it is doing it here tooo darn lol

David S

By admin on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 01:25 pm: Edit Post

Yep, thanks to "Average Joe", I was given the tip to have usernames show up rather than full names, so everyone can now put their full name back in their profile if they want.

Bottom line is, the username will appear in the posting and not the full name.

Thanks Joe!

-John

By lakesimcoe on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 01:39 pm: Edit Post

how do i change my username? (as it is locked in for change) but my full name can change.

David S

By admin on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 01:53 pm: Edit Post

David.

You cannot change usernames. Not sure why, but that is the way the board works.

-John

By lakesimcoe on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 02:06 pm: Edit Post

ok thanks john!

By crispyknite on Sunday, December 23, 2007 - 09:36 am: Edit Post

looks good
thanks John Dee

By 98machz on Monday, December 24, 2007 - 11:33 am: Edit Post

hi john im experiencing the same problem,,not that it matters just figured i would let you know...thanks,,Alden Cost

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration