Alright....what tis it???

General Discussions: ASK John: Alright....what tis it???

By booondocker on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 08:55 am: Edit Post

Last journal, had some 4x4's at right angles sittin on the ole sled under the flag shot.

Some sort of sled hoist? I have studied the heck out of it and give up....

By admin on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:08 am: Edit Post

Just a homemade sled stand made out of 2 x 4's.

-John

By booondocker on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 05:41 pm: Edit Post

That's what I thought, but couldn't figure how it worked with all the right angles. Necessity is the mother of invention. Reminds me of the first ice shanty I built a bunch of years ago, with foundation made of left over wood pallet 4 x 4 posts. Thing weighed a ton, but was solid as a rock. Later, and lots of moving it over snow drifts...I decided "light...is good" when it comes to ice shanties. Someday I will take a pic of my -sled unsticker- made with telescoping tri-angular aluminum, swallow house pole material and a left over boat winch. Laugh you might, but it works...course carrying it around is another thing....

By sledbike on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 05:45 pm: Edit Post

John

When you have time would like to see a pic of it
with the sled.

Thank You

By admin on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 04:56 pm: Edit Post

Here is a shot of the sled stand in action.
sledstand

Pretty simple really and the reason for all the 2x's on the bottom is that it was initially setup for the Pol-Cat (XLT) and then needed some more height added to it when I started using it on the RMK.

-John

By iusmit on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 03:44 pm: Edit Post

Booondocker - I'd like to see what the sled unsticker looks like!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration