Alright....what tis it???

General Discussions: ASK John: Alright....what tis it???

By booondocker on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 08:55 am: Edit Post

Last journal, had some 4x4's at right angles sittin on the ole sled under the flag shot.

Some sort of sled hoist? I have studied the heck out of it and give up....

By admin on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:08 am: Edit Post

Just a homemade sled stand made out of 2 x 4's.

By booondocker on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 05:41 pm: Edit Post

That's what I thought, but couldn't figure how it worked with all the right angles. Necessity is the mother of invention. Reminds me of the first ice shanty I built a bunch of years ago, with foundation made of left over wood pallet 4 x 4 posts. Thing weighed a ton, but was solid as a rock. Later, and lots of moving it over snow drifts...I decided " good" when it comes to ice shanties. Someday I will take a pic of my -sled unsticker- made with telescoping tri-angular aluminum, swallow house pole material and a left over boat winch. Laugh you might, but it works...course carrying it around is another thing....

By sledbike on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 05:45 pm: Edit Post

When you have time would like to see a pic of it
with the sled.

Thank You

By admin on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 04:56 pm: Edit Post

Here is a shot of the sled stand in action.

Pretty simple really and the reason for all the 2x's on the bottom is that it was initially setup for the Pol-Cat (XLT) and then needed some more height added to it when I started using it on the RMK.

By iusmit on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 03:44 pm: Edit Post

Booondocker - I'd like to see what the sled unsticker looks like!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration