Weather station

General Discussions: ASK John: Weather station

By buckeyefrog on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 11:27 pm: Edit Post

John do you have any recommendations on home weather stations that are reasonably priced?
Thanks

By admin on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 09:32 am: Edit Post

Most of the less expensive units I have found to be pretty unreliable. I would go with anything from Davis, but stay away from La Crosse Technology. I have heard that some of the stuff from Oregon Scientific is ok too.

-John

By islandscout on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 11:37 am: Edit Post

John,

I am looking at the Davis vantage PRO. This model comes in a wireless version and a wired version. Do you think the wireless version is worth the extra money?

Thanks

By admin on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 01:17 pm: Edit Post

islandscout-

While I do not have any experience with the wireless stations, I have heard that they are more prone to problems, plus you have to deal with batteries that go dead, etc.

So unless you need the wireless because you cannot place the instruments close enough to allow the wires to reach the monitor, then I would go with the wired system. Less headaches.

-John

By rocky367 on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 06:54 pm: Edit Post

From my experience with a simple wireless station, they have tend to lag on some data that they transmit. While a wired is more realtime.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration