Northwoods line?

General Discussions: ASK John: Northwoods line?

By bhaas on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 10:19 am: Edit Post

Hi John..when you do your forecasts you talk about the "northwoods". What is your definition for this..what do you consider the southern boundry. I am guessing maybe Hwy 29 across WI? From EauClaire to Green Bay..or is it more north ? I read your forecasts, and this will help with your terminology.Thanks..Brian

By admin on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 10:23 am: Edit Post

I took this from the terms and abbreviations section (link at the top of the forecast text page).

Northwoods - Opinions may differ, but my description of the Northwoods of the Midwest is areas generally to the north of a line from about Fargo ND to Brainerd MN to Wausau WI to Houghton Lake MI.

By bhaas on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 10:07 am: Edit Post

Thanks John..I sure like your forecasts..its a lot nicer to be able to read them, and look at the map, than to try an catch a two minute spot on the local news.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration