Shop boiler

General Discussions: ASK John: Shop boiler

By ubee on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 09:37 pm: Edit Post

Read in the journal about lines freezing from boiler. I know of a few people that run a mix of rv anti-freeze in their system and have not had any problems. Its alot cheaper than regular boiler anti-freeze compared to 55 bucks for 5 gal bucket that I pd. I was told by one installer that rv was all he ever used and has never had a problem. He says biggest problem with outdoor boiler is acid eating out firebox in 8-10 yrs ,even stainless steel! have a Merry Christmas!

By admin on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 07:32 am: Edit Post

Actually, it was not the main line from the boiler that froze, just the feeder line off the main line to the shop.

Putting anti-freeze in the type of boiler I have is a big no-no! Voids the warantee and is a sure fired way to disaster.

Once I get a different zone valve in and the water in the feeder line can constantly circulate, then no more problems. Just waiting for the valve to come in.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration