Online meteorology

General Discussions: ASK John: Online meteorology

By regionrat on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 08:05 am: Edit Post

Have you ever considered organizing and teaching an online class? You seem to have the human touch, and it could be a way to generate some extra cash.

By admin on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 11:10 am: Edit Post

I sure do love talking about the weather to folks and even explaining things. I do a lot of visiting to the local school classrooms in the area and get to talk to the students about the weather and enjoy that a bunch too.

Even asked MI Tech if they were interested in me teaching their intro to meteorology class a few years back, but was looked at like I was from Mars! Perhaps I am just not up to the standards in their eyes because I am not a professor or have a MS/PhD. I would venture to guess my real world exerience is equal to a PhD, but oh well.

Even if I was asked at this point I would not have the time to teach a class at Tech or anywhere else. It would be fun to develop an online meteorology class, but right now I can barely keep my head above water as it is! Perhaps when I retire!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration