Sea foam by the gallon..

General Discussions: Tech Talk: Sea foam by the gallon..

By dab102999 on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 04:17 am: Edit Post

Anyone know where I can find sea foam by the gallon?? I used to by stay-bil by the gallon but seem to use sea foam a lot more know then stay-bil but can't seem to find it by the gallon.

By skylar on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 06:57 am: Edit Post

I think I have seen it for sale at Farm and Fleet in gallon jugs.

By revsikk on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 07:08 am: Edit Post

i did some checking around last week. turned out NAPA had it on sale for $6+ for 16oz but no gallons, but TSC had it for $39+/gallon. I bought a couple 16oz'rs from NAPA

By scott_l on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 08:17 am: Edit Post

$6.00 for a normal can is a good price....Yup Skylar is correct Fleet Farm sells it by the gal. But last time I checked you where not saving much, after doing the math you where only getting a half of a small can for free.

By dab102999 on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 09:44 am: Edit Post

K, thanks. I always bought sta-bill by the gallon on sale I would basically get one container for free. I will have to check TSC but the don't carry it in the gallon form. At least not on the shelf.Auto zone every so often has the cans on sale for $5 so I usually pick of a few cans when they do that.

By dab102999 on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 09:48 am: Edit Post

Scott unless I am doing the math wrong arn't you still getting a can for free. (128 oz in a gallon [I think] / 16 = 8) (8 X 6 = $48??) So that means you are basically getting a can + for free???

By edmarino on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 12:00 pm: Edit Post

Blaine's Farm & Fleet in Waukesha has it by the gallon. I did not look at the pricing since I have been buying the 16oz size. But I will look closer next time I need some.

By scott_l on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 01:25 pm: Edit Post

dab you are correct with your math

I should have clarified myself with my above statement. Last time I was at my local Fleet Farm they had the 16 oz cans and the 1 gal. can (both every day price) and after doing the math (on my cell phone in the middle of the store) there was not much savings, like I said about half a can.

It's pretty rare that I see it on sale much around my neck of the woods (just north of the twin cites). I believe the going price is usally around $7.00 for the 16 oz can. I was just at NAPA on Saturday picking up parts for my trailer, I should have looked but did not.

Watch for the sales this Friday, I believe in the past I have seen it go on sale.

By legend02 on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 01:50 pm: Edit Post

$7.00 is a good price for it, at Advance it is on Sale for $8.99 right now. They also carry the gallons, Sold quite a few cans of it last saturday when I was working.

By lvr1000 on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 01:56 pm: Edit Post

I buy all mine at Menards. Up until 3-4 months ago it was $5.68 for 16oz. Now it's over $6. I got lucky last year when they moved to a new location and clearing out inventory. They had 35% off auto products. I saw a guy with 4 cases in his cart and I asked if any left. He left a few which I snagged up, 18 cans @ 3.69.

By scott_l on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 08:23 am: Edit Post

I actually had to stop at Fleet Farm on my home yesterday so I checked out the price

$6.48 for a 16 oz can……………..$48.98 for 1 gal

So if my math is correct you are getting about 1/3rd of a can for free or saving $2.56 if you purchase the gal. hummm not much of a savings!

sounds like lvr1000 got the all time best price!

By michaeladams on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 04:26 pm: Edit Post

go down to the shore of lake superior after a good blow.there's tons of it

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration