PDA

View Full Version : Flitz aluminum polish

zappie1213
09-16-2009, 09:27 AM
has anybody used this for polishing the tunnel on your sled pros and cons would like to hear them? i have used mothers products was thinking about tring this stuff

fusion
09-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Just did the polished tunnel last weekend on my APEX. I went to Menards looking for Mothers, they didn't have it. I have a tube of Ma's up north, forgot to bring it home. Bought this turtle wax wheel polish, it worked O.K., but nothing like the Ma's. I also used what was left of a tube of Flitz and that seemed to work better than the Turtle wax product, but still not quite as well as Mothers. Long dirty job either way, but the degree of polish/shine is directly proportionate to the amount of time you want to keep going over tarnished spots. Long story short....Mothers is best, Flitz is a relatively close 2nd.

catcrazy
09-16-2009, 11:53 AM
I did my tunnels on both sleds with flitz worked great also used the mothers power ball with it. They look great!

lofsfire
09-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Read this post (http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/112234.html?1248788662)

jethrobodean
09-16-2009, 04:01 PM
What happens to the factory stickers when you polish your tunnels? do you mask over them with tape pior to using the polishing ball? or are they pretty hardy and can handle the polish?

hondo
09-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Mothers pretty good. There are two kinds of mothers regular and billet. Billet cost twice as much and gives a better shine once a shine is already there. White Diamond is the best for less work if your tunnel is pretty trashed for a 1 step polish. But very pricey