View Full Version : Tracks usa 121-144 kit
09-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Looking to stretch the Apex, anyone have one?
10-01-2009, 10:50 PM
My buddy did his 01 800xc five years ago. It was easy. I had an 01 600 sxr and extended same time. Rode til 07 when I sold it. Never had any problems. Just finished installing a 144 to 151 extension from tracks USA on my 07 switchback. pretty straight forward. When I extended my sxr I used extension kit from Hartman Inc. Look them up on the web check them out. They specialize in Yamaha extensions. They had a nice complete kit including everything necessary to modify the cooling system. Talked directly to the owner and he make sure you get what you need. If you are doing the extension for better deep powder performance you will also want to lower your gearing for better low end power. You will have your chaincase open already so it is a good time to do this.
tracks have verry nice ext I have used a few in my day no complants.do thay have tipup ext's for yami?I had the tip ups for a cat and realy liked them.every time I have orderd or a bud around me has orderd from tracks the stuff has been at the house the next day.thay use speedy for my area any way
10-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks, guys, is there any downside , in your opinion to the stretch?
Im not kidding anyone, 85% of my sled time is on trail, I would just like to enjoy the other 15% more.
I ride with a group of Attaks, and frankly, I cant hardly tell that the 136 is much of an improvement over the 121 in this chassis.
I believe they claim a 2 degree tip-up.
10-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Once you have a long track, you'll never go back.
10-02-2009, 10:19 PM
If you truly ride 85% trail I wouldn't go to 144. I would go only to 136" My buddies 800xc is only 136 and while he may get stuck a little more than the longer tracks he rides with, he still holds his own. He has a 136"x1.25" ripsaw track. We ride 95% off trail. Consider 136x1.5" track as a compromise. Trail ride should be better in bumps with the 136, and you will not get the push in the corners like you do with the 144" track. Just my $0.02.
I think with the tip up you will be fine. you can always put on bigger carbide or tighten limmeter if you think you are pushing. alot of the new 2 ups are 144 and thay never see off trail.most of the rags say the new z1 ext rides like a whole new sled with the 144.the 144 will be a better track in rough trail.but that sed I have a 136 with a 1 1/4 that I use around MN and a 144 1 3/4 for off trail and I just got a 136 2 that I am going to try this year fot da up and keep the 144 skid for the big hills unless I like the 136 2 better check back in 2.5 Mo I will let you know.
10-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.