PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever stay at the comfort inn in Ironwood MI?

cmharcou
10-11-2009, 09:14 PM
how is the trails there in mid January? Is it easy to get on the trails from there? Any other recommendations in the area?

harvest1121
10-11-2009, 11:55 PM
It just depends on the roads and how warm it gets. Staying in the Hurley/Ironwood area I rather stay at haven north or Eagle Bluff Condominiums. There are alot of cheap condos in that area if you have a few people.

http://hurleywi.com/index.php/accomodations/lodging

bonnevier
10-12-2009, 11:30 AM
In mid January the trails should be good. Trail 2 is the main drag through there and can get beat up pretty quick but you should be good. I would assume that the comfort inn is decent and probably tailors to sledders as well. You can always search for lodging around the Lake Gogebic area which puts you a bit east of there and out of the high traffic areas.

marty700
10-12-2009, 05:47 PM
I've stayed there. Its great. Nice accomodations and good price. The trail goes right past the motel and there is good trail access. However, you're missing the "northwoods" feel. There are lots of other places to stay in the Ironwood/Hurley area. I like to stay at the ski resort nearby (Indianhead). By the middle of January, the conditions should be great.