PDA

View Full Version : If you were me where would you go.

mebearman
11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
I would like to go snowmobiling out west is early to mid December and stay for 10 days or so.

We are mid 50s and both have our own snowmobile now but would either drive out or fly out but want to definetly rent snowmobiles.

Where is a good place to go with rentals close by and is the altitude a problem for breathing?

thebreeze
11-02-2009, 05:35 PM
You will definately notice the altitude. How much it will affect you is hard to say. I have never experienced "altitude sickess" but some people do feel crappy the first few days at altitude. I mostly nitice having to breathe a lot harder, and tire faster, but it gets better each day. If you are worried about it, I would look for a place where you can stay a few thousand feet below where you are riding at. If you are going to fly, that opens up more possibilites. I would avoid the snowy range, as any lodging out that way is atleast 8000 ft. above sea level. Island park, Id, and West yellowstone Mt. you would be staying at about 6500 ft. which is not too bad. Both west yellowstone and island park have a great deal of rental opportunity.

polarisrider1
11-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Check out www.momsmotorsports.com (http://www.momsmotorsports.com) event schedule and photo gallery. need bodies for Dec 9-15th trip.

polarisrider1
11-02-2009, 07:17 PM
oops! 12th to the 19th of Dec.

indybru
11-03-2009, 01:13 PM
How about Revelstroke, B.C? Should have plenty of snow, lower elevation and you can ski.

polarisrider1
11-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Are we assuming mebearman wants to go off trail? Who is we? Yes altitude is a problem for flat landers who smoke. We need more info on your expectations.

thebreeze
11-04-2009, 07:19 PM
If you are going to be trail riding, and taking in the sites, the altitude will not be nearly as much an issue, but you will notice it. Also, make sure where you choose actually groomes on a regular basis. The mountiain tails I have seen were typically plowed no more than 3 times a week, and could get pretty bumpy.ee