PDA

View Full Version : Pipeline between Republic & Convington

sledlink
11-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Has anyone been on the gas line that runs just north of republic and all the way past covington? I am curious how much water has to be crossed?

ill_marty
11-10-2009, 07:33 AM
The pipeline is great. You can ride it without crossing any water, We ride from my camp in Ishpeming . There is a huge hill about 5-10 miles from Republic . You need to hit it WOT when you hit the top man do you launch. You have to wait later in the season when the snow is deep ,because of all the boulders.

scottd
11-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Does that go east to the mine going the other way? That was on my list to hit this year on the mine end. I ride from our camp in Gwinn and hopefully have hit on a very nice way to get up that way while staying FAR FAR away from any groomed trail.

ill_marty
11-10-2009, 07:34 PM
From Gwinn i would take Kates grade to the old elf line to trail 5 head north to Republic. After you cross rt 581 . The elf line goes thru the swamp it gets alittle harry crossing creeks . Dont take wifes if they are not rugged riders . If snow is deep and very cold its not to bad.

sledlink
11-10-2009, 08:56 PM
thanks for the info. I hear ya on the boulders it seems Ishpeming and Republic both have alot of rocks