PDA

View Full Version : St.ignace to drummond island?

johnbowman48060
11-12-2009, 04:50 PM
how long of a ride is it from st.ignace to drummand island?

polarisrider1
11-12-2009, 07:32 PM
1/2 day or less including lunch, with me, longer with others. The trail is usually quite miserable around Cedarville. Lots of cedar swamps and slow going. The first 1/2 and last 1/4 of that trip is pretty good. Cedarville Inn has a hot tub. If you are doing a family trip plan a whole day.

doc_mark
11-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Is the trail bad enought that you would recommend going up around Pickford and then back down on trail 491? We are planning a trip from Newberry to St Ignace for lunch and then staying over night on Drummond Island.

snowlover_77
11-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Depending on when the trip is, I wouldn't think you would have to detour around Cedarville. The trail out of Cedarville can be bad at times, but I don't think it ever reached the point where I wanted to find another route. Really all depends on the weather though, especially down there as far south as it is. Just don't get the snow that the areas farther north do.

polarisrider1
11-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Just check snow conditions for Cedarville area before you leave. Sometimes it's great, but mostly its not. The worse section is in the cedar swamp area, Cool part about that section is the hundreds of deer you will see there. The Pickford route is boring. Mostly farm fields and flat nothing. Do that route back if Cedarville trail is thin on snow. Everyone who goes to Drummond should do the Quarry rd. trail. Nice place to open it up! 5 lanes wide.

snowlover_77
11-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Yeah, ran into lots of deer in there last year, that was really cool. And like you said, the quarry road is a lot of fun. Drummond in general is pretty fun as long as they have good snow, look out for rocks.

famousguy
11-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Just under 100 miles from Iggy to the Ferry.