PDA

View Full Version : Dog-friendly lodging?

snow_chaser
11-29-2009, 10:03 PM
I figure I better start looking now. I will be coming U.P this season to chase snow, per usual. What is different is that I have 2 additional guests coming with. My wife and I and my 2 dogs.
To make this search even more difficult, I have specific areas I like to stay in. They are: Iron county, Houghton/Hancock, Porcupine mtn. area, and the Keweenaw peninsula area. Any leads/suggestions much appreciated.
Eric

polarisrider1
11-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Kennel them. I have 2 dogs of my own. You are not doing them any favors putting them in a strange motel room all day. Look at it this way. If they decide to eat the mattress, couch or carpet you will spend way more than the kennel. You don't make friends if they bark all day either. Tried that route.

dekx
11-30-2009, 04:13 AM
When I go to Iron County in Wis, I always bring my dogs to Great Northern in Mercer. Rooms are big and they are always great to us. Days INN in Hurley is also pet friendly to, just havent stayed there in awhile. When I go to Calumet mi, just north of Houghton...I use Americ Inn. Great with pets to. Both are pretty reasonable with prices to bring pets.

ranlam
11-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Konteka in White Pine is dog friendly. Restraunt, bar, bowling alley ,gas.

snow_chaser
11-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Nice. I should have included in my first post that my wife just comes along to get away. She stays behind while I play. These are great suggestion. Let's up the anty, how bout something non-motel, like a rental property?
Eric

jakester
11-30-2009, 12:26 PM
We use Krupps. We have a golden and he's very layed back. Sandy and Rich are great!! Plus they do a great deal for snowmobiling in that area. Jake

ranlam
11-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Konteka also has two really nice rental houses.

jgrams
11-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Try Peppermill Lodging. With your rental come access to a fully heated and tooled shop free of charge. I know others have kept their dogs in Darrell's shop during the day. They are located in Rockland.

http://www.peppermillrentals.com/

indybru
11-30-2009, 04:37 PM
We have a very well behaved Newfoundland.

We have stayed with her at North Gate Hotel in Calumet, Krupps in Twin Lakes and the Timber's in Bergland (Lake Gogebic).

Good luck.

rmkking
11-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Try this place. They have a resident golden that comes over everyday and hangs out at the cabin. The place is awesome. Sauna in the basement that has heated floors, 600 feet from the trail. http://www.thelogcabinn.com/index.html

choc_lab
12-01-2009, 12:47 PM
The mountain View cabins right on lake superior between the porkies and hwy 64 has some cabins that are pet friendly real nice place although I cant get their web site to open .Trail is right across the road. Nice place on the beach to run your dogs when you get back from riding .

ranlam
12-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Mnt. View Cabins in Silver City, MI. has awesome cabins for rent. Right on the lake shore and right on trail 1 also about two miles from the Porkies ski hill.

netstu
12-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Americ inn calumet Mi, country inn houghton Mi,both will allow dogs

snow_chaser
12-02-2009, 10:36 AM
thanks all for the info. very helpful!

ubee
12-02-2009, 02:47 PM
a lot of places wont let mean dogs in because of liability!! http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/5/121511.jpg