PDA

View Full Version : Polarisrider1 Missanabie/Chapleau/Halfway

famousguy
12-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Do you know what the story is on trail F this year?

Missanabie to Chapleau? Open and groomed?

Chapleau to Halfway? Open and groomed?

indy_500
12-02-2009, 04:35 PM
famousguy, if you keep asking polarisrider1 for advice, pretty soon he will have you hooked on going out to togwotee! lol

polarisrider1
12-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Scott- you crack me up. famousguy - last I heard both trails will be open. This yrs. maps show Missanabie to Chapleau as Temporary closed. I talked to the groomers wife at Novi show and she said both trails will be opened. Only makes sense to me. This will give us 3 ways up to Chapleau. When in Missanabie say, "Hello to Ernie." for me. He's the Mayor, Chief of Police, Fire Captain, Bar Owner, Restaurant owner, store owner, tow truck guy, Landlord, and runs the Camp ground. Amongst other things. Do you know about the short cut from Hawk Junction to Missanabie?

famousguy
12-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Thank you. That makes it nice if they are both open. Yea Ernie is the jack of all trades.

It seems like we took a shortcut years ago when we were with some locals, but I have not taken that in years.

yamirider
12-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Missanabie to Chapleau will be closed this year. Chapleau to Halfway Haven will be open. Go to OntarioConditions.com to read all about it.

polarisrider1
12-02-2009, 09:51 PM
yamirider, you are CORRECT. I just got off the phone with Aux Trois Moulins Motel in Chapleau. They said it was a last minute switch back to original plan of closing the trail. Has to do with the expense of maintaining that section in relations to how little travel it gets. I guess you can't always believe the folks in the snow show booths.

famousguy
12-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the update. Would have been nice to have both open.

yamirider
12-02-2009, 10:41 PM
I think it's a shame that they are closing this trail. It will hurt Erine and the surrounding area's. Hopefully they can resolve their issues and get it open for next year.