PDA

View Full Version : the excitement of winter

snow_chaser
12-04-2009, 09:41 AM
12/4/09
I for one, am very excited about the upcoming potential for some heavy snows in the UP! (in the very near future). Although I am a SE Wisconsin resident, I like to track the winter wx up there, since that is where I go to play! Been waiting all year to track storms and enjoy the anticipation of how they finally pan out. Who's with me on this?!
Finally chasing snow,
Eric

megan600
12-04-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm with ya! We only got a light dusting here in Mid-Michigan, but I'm excited about the snow coming in the UP!

miaferominka
12-04-2009, 11:06 AM
i'M WITH YOU ALSO..... I WAS STARTING TO GET DEPRESSED FROM THE LACK OF SNOW!!!!!!!!

I HOPE MY EARLY TRIP THIS SEASON IS A GO...........
PRAY FOR SNOW (AND COLD FOR THE LAKES)

SAM

yamahachick
12-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I agree with ya! Spending most of my day checking out the cams instead of working. I can't wait to ride and smell like 2 stroke smoke :)

gsxgirl
12-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Serena - I always thought a mens cologne that smelled like 2 stroke smoke would be amazing! Big money, big money!

Keep doing that snow dance, girl! It's working! Old man winter likes it!

driftsmasher
12-04-2009, 08:07 PM
FIRST POST EVER!
I HAVE VISITED THIS SITE DAILY (AND WASNT EVEN A MEMBER) FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS AND ENJOYED ALL OF THE STORIES AND PICTURES EVERYONE HAS POSTED ON THESE THREADS NOT TO MENTION READING JOHN'S JOURNALS!!

I'm with ALL of you as well! I'm a central MN resident that drives north 99% of the time each season just to enjoy some great snow and trails. I religously watch the weather for northern MN, and Da UP (which is funny cause I've never been there-maybe this year, I finally might have found a few people that want to go)! These are the areas that get me excited for the season each year. I work alot but this year I want to try to make a couple of trips and enjoy the scenery for myself versus living it through the pictures.

This is and always has been a great site-Thanks John Dee!!!

yooper
12-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh yeah all this snow has got me stoked!!!!!47 more days

barneymn
12-05-2009, 11:47 AM
FIRST POST EVER!
I HAVE VISITED THIS SITE DAILY (AND WASNT EVEN A MEMBER) FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS AND ENJOYED ALL OF THE STORIES AND PICTURES EVERYONE HAS POSTED ON THESE THREADS NOT TO MENTION READING JOHN'S JOURNALS!!

I'm with ALL of you as well! I'm a central MN resident that drives north 99% of the time each season just to enjoy some great snow and trails. I religously watch the weather for northern MN, and Da UP (which is funny cause I've never been there-maybe this year, I finally might have found a few people that want to go)! These are the areas that get me excited for the season each year. I work alot but this year I want to try to make a couple of trips and enjoy the scenery for myself versus living it through the pictures.

This is and always has been a great site-Thanks John Dee!!!

Careful driftsmasher..go once and you will be hooked

driftsmasher
12-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the advise barneymn!! I hear you! However I'm already hooked on looking at this site everyday, now I'm just a bit more involved instead of window-shopping!

teestarr00
12-05-2009, 09:17 PM
i am there with you all, looking at the cams and planning the trips in my head. and now the time is near! i just get chills when i see the snow fallin. we got about an inch here in se wi. and i had to test out my new sled 2010 etec gade and now im fired up for next weekend it couldnt come sooner.

braaapin' dirty
12-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Left houghton handcork at 8am this morn.
12 to 18 inches of fresh powder all the way to copperharbor carvin the trail.
FIRST snowmobilers of the season!
Seen 4 other bubbleheads bout 30 miles south of here.
Haven't seen a groomer yet and I ain't complainin.
Ain't seen one doo yet. Maybe you doodlers should take the diapers off and put on some bigboy pants.