PDA

View Full Version : Timers

chords
12-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Paul, when I log in as a user and view only w/o actually posting, i notice I become "unlogged" at some point. What is that timer set at ?

Will the edit feature be left "on" for public viewing of changes made by the orig poster ?
And how many hours/days will a post be allowed for edit ?

Thanks

Paul
12-05-2009, 11:29 AM
I will check into the timers and see what they are set for, if you select remember me I wouldn't think that it would ever log you out, but it could.

The edit feature is on by default, and looks like it will let you edit as long as the post is still on the board. I am not going to change the setting unless John wants it changed so I will have to get with John to see how he wants that set.

Paul
12-05-2009, 11:42 AM
The settings for editing are set to always, so you can always edit your posts.

The idle time is set to 15 minutes, so if there is no activity for 15 minutes you will need to log in again. This also sets the amount of time someone appears on the who's online. So if you leave the computer for 15 minutes you will no longer show if your online.

These are all default settings and are not going to change unless John wants to change them.

The classifieds are also setup so you can delete your own posts and this is set to never expire, so when putting something up for sale and it sells or you no longer want to sell it you can remove your own thread.

Paul

frnash
12-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Unlimited editing is perhaps less of a problem here, with the Last edited by... feature (no sneaky editing here!). There was no such Last edited by... feature on the old board.

Which brings up another question:
On the old board, edited messages would not be have their time stamp changed, so they were typically missed by the "since last logged on" message search, a minor nuisance.

Q: Will edited messages now be recognized as "new" by virtue of their Last edited timestamp?