PDA

View Full Version : Watching closely. . .

snow_chaser
12-06-2009, 10:04 AM
12/6
Cannot wait tor JD's forecast tomorrow on the possible upcoming mid-week storm!
Chasing snow,
Eric

Skylar
12-06-2009, 10:21 AM
I know what you mean, I have been checking the NWS forecast discussion through out the weekend waiting for tomorrow.

fireworks
12-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Me too! This is the first year in a while we have not been up for opener. If the storm hits we are coming up thursday night. Although, at this point wondering if we should wait it out and come up the following week? Have the gates been opened on the bridge?

skidoodoug
12-06-2009, 02:55 PM
For my area, Southern DeKalb County, Illinois, the forcast yesterday was calling for 8-9 inches to occur Tuesday-Wednesday. Looked today and they changed it to only 3".

And the disappointment continues...

sledrider103
12-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Skidoodoug, I donno where you got your report but i live 15 miles north of Rockford and their calling for 6-12 inches and blizzard conditions. thats as of this afternoon. BUT unfortunatly they did say drastically lesser amounts south of Rockford. Either way, lets pray that everyone gets nailed!!

whitedust
12-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Yep waiting for JD to call the track so far it has been keep up with the forecast for Northern WI. Everbody says going to be a deep low with lots of wind & will move into Midwest but the track is up for grabs as always. Should be heavy traffic on the forecast Monday.

bryan t
12-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Hey whitedust,

sounds like it tracking SOUTH...the heavier band of snow looks to run through south central, south eastern wisconsin...according to NWS green bay, us folks in northern wisconsin will see 4-8 inches..more to the south...less to the north...HOWEVER...HEAVY LAKE EFFECT could be possible behind this system...looks like potential to be much more potent than the last round of lake effect...it also looks like it could blow much further south (inland)...so areas by you (Phelps/Lando/Conover)..could get hammered pretty good.

I still don't think they really know where this storm is tracking yet...I guess we'll know more tomorrow...hopefully they are wrong and it's tracking further north.

hemi_newman
12-06-2009, 07:06 PM
i sure hope it goes more north,all that snow will go to waste in IL,IA it just melts in a couple days down there. But we are in a winter storm watch. They dont issue those if it any less than 6"

ryanslyne
12-06-2009, 07:38 PM
yeah bring it more north into Wisconsin....although the trails arent open the ground seems to have a little frost in it since we are still holding our last snow fall from last week!

sledrider103
12-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I hope it stays down here in Southern Wisconsin. I donno how you can say it goes to waste down here when i have put 5,000 Miles on and 4,000 of that was down here because Northern Wisconsin had less snow!

Bring on the blizzard!!

chadlyt
12-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Blizzard watch for SEMN. I actually didn't like to see this. I love the snow, but the wind...hate the wind...

I'll take it though. I just signed for a new sled, but cant pick it up til maybe later in the week...

mezz
12-07-2009, 12:05 AM
The first official call out this season to MEESTER BLEEZARD!. Uncle LES payed us a visit on Firday & Saturday & gave us hope for a decent start to the winter season. As far as the up-coming potential for a major snow event, I will quote a tune from 38 Special in saying, "Hold on Loosely", & I am not letting go! Bring it! -Mezz

snow_chaser
12-07-2009, 10:04 AM
12/7
Just read JD's forecast, glad to see he basically confirms the various reports of the impending winter storm! Now, I ask myself, am I more excited about the system snow or the heavy LES that will most likely follow? Gee, what a dilema!
Chasing snow,
Eric

snoeatr
12-07-2009, 10:12 AM
I hope everyone gets nailed! Rather see the northwoods get the heaviest snow, but down south in Il the snow is not a waste, being out of work in the trades I NEED SOME SNOW TO PLOW to make some sleddin money! Hope we end up with atleast 6 in. here with over a foot thru WIS.

snow_chaser
12-07-2009, 10:24 AM
I hope everyone gets nailed! Rather see the northwoods get the heaviest snow, but down south in Il the snow is not a waste, being out of work in the trades I NEED SOME SNOW TO PLOW to make some sleddin money! Hope we end up with atleast 6 in. here with over a foot thru WIS.

I agree. I too am out of work, and although I don't plow snow, with limited funds it would be a blessing for us to get some big snow down this way(I'm in SE Wi.).

coles_55
12-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Braaap! Let the snow fly!

chords
12-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Looks like both barrels pointed towards the Grt Lks area

thunderstruck88
12-07-2009, 09:03 PM
I hope Cadillac and Wellston in the lower get nailed my husband is driving me nuts and I want him to be up there after Christmas think snow and lots of it