PDA

View Full Version : "Heere Bleezard Bleezard!!!":)

mezz
12-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Well it appears that we have a winter storm brewing which could very well be reminiscent of our winters of "back in the day" here in the Keweenaw, specifically, the winter of '78-'79 where a majority of our winter storms were a combination of good old system snows with the added punch of lake enhanced LES. Good ole Meester Bleezard & Uncle LES should get together for an all out family-feud! The NWS Mqt has changed their Winter Storm Watch to a Winter Storm Warning & added a Lake Effect Snow Advisory to it. Hopefully this will eventually get an up-grade to a Lake Effect Snow Warning. We could see significant accumulations with these events. A slow start? Hang on to your hats, Meester Bleezard's alarm has gone off, he is P-O'd & he's bringing reinforcements!-Mezz

mikes99ss
12-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I love you man!!

jay
12-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Mezz. When will the bumper stickers be out. Its been what 3 years now.

440_chazz
12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
It calls

signlightseal
12-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Bring it on I will be in Twin Lakes 1 week from tomorrow!

chords
12-07-2009, 09:57 PM
WHOA Hang on tight is right. Next will be Aunt Articair screamin in from the North. She's wanting to meet up with Uncle LES and make SnowFlakes.

m8man
12-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Come on M.B. maybe we could give this train a little more to push soon??

m8man

mezz
12-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Oh yeah, there will definetly be more to push! Gotta love the Bleezard!-Mezz

m8man
12-07-2009, 10:54 PM
snowin on the gay road now... coming down actually enough that I threw the outside light on to look at it..I bet near 2 inches tonight so far.

later

m8man

mezz
12-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Chords, good one! I see your adding to the family tree! LOL. Cousin Squally could get into the action as well. As m8man said, snowing pretty good now, though, this will be just a breif burst before the BIG SHOW begins. Typical LES bands floating in & out. It all counts though, so, Think it, Live it, Love it! "Heere Bleezard Bleezard"!!!-Mezz

tomk
12-08-2009, 12:18 AM
thanks mezz, that is the very first thing I looked for when I got on the site!! good old bleeezerd call, the official start to winter.

m8man
12-08-2009, 07:30 AM
nephew needy has joined the conversation, and his needs need to be satisfied because rehab is for quitters and he is not ready for help yet.

m8man

no1_pro
12-08-2009, 07:51 AM
I am excited here in Grand Rapids Mi.

I cant stop watching the weather channel.

Maybe it will turn into a storm like in late January 1978.

Thinking of riding up the white pine trail thursday.

And heading to Paradise Mi on Fri. night if I-75 is clear.

Pro

09m8
12-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Latest reports say the storm shifted ever so slightly FURTHER north!!! The call is working like a charm!!! Bring it on Mother Nature!!!!

mezz
12-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Some say it takes a real man to wear pink, well, paint me pink then. Just like the forecast graphic, gotta love that color! The NWS has also got us painted in this beautiful shade. Looks like Meester Bleezard is a tad worked up & it doesn't look like his tantrum will be over anytime soon. Brace yourselves, this could be a hummer!-Mezz

yooper
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Saweet MEZZ calling for Meester Bleezard!!!!! Winter has arrived 44 more!!!!!!!!!

mezz
12-09-2009, 03:30 AM
It has been slow to start here in the Northwoods, but, hang on, it's getting closer. Keep the faith, as this storm pushes forward, conditions will eventually change. Anybody who has travel plans, may want to re-evaluate them, conditions are expected to worsen & travel is not recommended. The best is yet to come.-Mezz

m8man
12-09-2009, 06:47 AM
not much here YET.

hopefully soon.

m8man

mezz
12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Well, I have to say, for us in the Keweenaw, it has not been too impressive as far as system snows go. Many other places though, have been getting hammered. While it would appear to be a deal breaker for us as far as "System" snow, the exit of it should allow colder air to cross the warmer waters & get the LES going, which could still result in significant accumulations & last through the week-end. It will not be a total deal breaker. Hey, it's still snow!-Mezz

skutr
12-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Mezz - you're a genius. Keep up the good work.

mezz
12-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Snows have gained intensity with occasional blowing & drifting with deminished visibility & an occasional white-out. We have picked up approximately 6+" since last eve & it is still snowing. Temps have dropped a bit & the winds have shifted to the North. Hoping to see the winds change to NNW to kick Uncle LES in the azz. Expected snow totals are still up for grabs, but, it looks to continue into the week-end. Every bit counts & we'll take it no matter what.-Mezz

m8man
12-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Well I think Meester Bleezard is hearing Mezz call...He has showed up here and in a huge way..Nasty winds, tons of snow and my road was almost blown shut...I would say it's like winter out there now...I played golf 2 and a half weeks ago, now it is crazy, maybe sleddin soon...I had a 3 foot drift on the road by my house...

Keep yellin Mezz, he's welcome all the time.

m8man

lenny
12-09-2009, 07:20 PM
big daddy dump has been around town and showing off. Lots of wind so I cannot offer snow totals but it is fairly healthy, kinda like big daddy eating a #4 and McD's

zrjes
12-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Well I think Meester Bleezard is hearing Mezz call...He has showed up here and in a huge way..Nasty winds, tons of snow and my road was almost blown shut...I would say it's like winter out there now...I played golf 2 and a half weeks ago, now it is crazy, maybe sleddin soon...I had a 3 foot drift on the road by my house...

Keep yellin Mezz, he's welcome all the time.

m8man

We just finished up our Softball Playoffs about 2 weeks ago and now we have a lot of wind/ice/ and snow covering the fields!

M8Man, I am ready to get the Garage Queen out of my garage; Cant wait till next week!

Stack

polarisrider1
12-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Starting to worry. First phase was a bust. Suppose to be in 2nd phase right now. a little wind and that's it. My wife is out hanging Christmas lights. (her idea, and no she don't want help).

polarisrider1
12-09-2009, 08:59 PM
not from me anyways. Truck,trailer, sled and gear are loaded and ready to go. Someone tell us where the snow is falling.

m8man
12-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Polarisrider1, nasty conditions in the Keweenaw.. At least a foot or two on the ground with wind and snow coming now...Many sleds out already.

m8man

polarisrider1
12-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Polarisrider1, nasty conditions in the Keweenaw.. At least a foot or two on the ground with wind and snow coming now...Many sleds out already.

m8man

Thanks m8man. I think we have a plan. Nasty is good. I will ride Pellston tommorow and then head up. It is doing nothing In Grand Rapids, MI.

mezz
12-10-2009, 11:24 AM
As hoped for, the snow's have arrived & don't appear to be leaving anytime soon. Last night we received an additional 8" for a total of 14" since yesterday here in the Banana Belt. Of course, other area's a tad north & south saw higher accumulations. The NWS has upgraded the Lake Effect Snow Watch to a "Warning" for us here in the Keweenaw. I am not going to repeat the statement word for word regarding the amounts of snow anticipated. Let's just say, Copious amounts are likely through Friday & likely to continue into Saturday. The call continues.-Mezz

snootbiscuit
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
will be there monday -sat. thanks for updates Mr. Bleezard !!

polarisrider1
12-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Pulling out and heading Nort eh! just checking last minute posts.

mezz
12-10-2009, 05:40 PM
I just got done plowing for the second time today, we had a brief break earlier this afternoon, but, Uncle LES is back to work. Here is a pic of whats going on now 4:18 p.m. As I was out taking this picture, I could hear the Groomer up on the trail. I have not been out yet myself, but, I can only assume that the snow conditions on the trail are beginning to set up. I'm sure they are panning it now and With more on the way, I'm sure they will be decent in no time. Time to pull the cord & let it rip. The call continues.-Mezz

m8man
12-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Here is a shot of my Bleezard too..Snowin good here...Mezz was heard.

m8man

dekx
12-10-2009, 08:54 PM
As hoped for, the snow's have arrived & don't appear to be leaving anytime soon. Last night we received an additional 8" for a total of 14" since yesterday here in the Banana Belt. Of course, other area's a tad north & south saw higher accumulations. The NWS has upgraded the Lake Effect Snow Watch to a "Warning" for us here in the Keweenaw. I am not going to repeat the statement word for word regarding the amounts of snow anticipated. Let's just say, Copious amounts are likely through Friday & likely to continue into Saturday. The call continues.-Mezz

Up in calumet riding, all im gonna say is AWSOME!

polarisrider1
12-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Pellston on dial up. boot legged my way in for free. climbed a power pole to do it. Sweet 2 1/2' of snow. I am behind boyne Highlands. deep, deep snow. very limited dial up. key word: Deep Pow! power lines in the mourning

fishs_summit
12-11-2009, 07:24 AM
I Know this is off topic...but over 600 posts? didn't we all go back to zero! Oh And I'll take some of that bleezard.

duane9835
12-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Looking good and heading to Big Bay the 22nd. Sweeeet......

mezz
12-11-2009, 01:59 PM
The LES guns are kickin!, We've been experiencing periods of heavy snowfall which at times have been falling at a rate of 1" per Hr., with brief bursts of more than that. Looks as though we are locked in Old Man Winters sights. Presently, here in the lower terrain we are nearing 2' (settled snow) on the ground since snows started last week. The call continues.-Mezz

frnash
12-11-2009, 03:07 PM
... over 600 posts? didn't we all go back to zero!
As I understand it, whatever was in your former profile was lost. The post count on the new forum was derived from the number of actual posts that were brought forward. (Older posts were routinely deleted on the old forum, so they would not have been counted.)

m8man
12-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Nuts today...slick and snowy..
Here are two shots of the recent snows

m8man