PDA

View Full Version : A week in the Western U.P.?'s

snowpromod
12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi,
We are planning our Jan trip and have some concerned parties that a week in the Western U.P. is to much, or in other words the area is not big enough to trail ride for a week. The group like 250 mile days and would like to ride different areas and trails - they hate riding the same **** everyday. We were looking at Krupps or Wildlife Refuge Cabins as our base for the trip - any suggestion on the area and what to expect would be greatly appreciated. They have always rode Quebec and it was my suggestion to try somthing different, I always wanted to ride the Western U.P. !!

Thanks

mspease
12-08-2009, 11:20 AM
I think anywhere you go for a week will make it tough to see new trails every day. Other than riding in areas of Canada, I don't think you'll find a better place to base out of. What you should do is backpack it a couple days to get further out and hit trails you otherwise wouldn't get to. Good luck!

snowpromod
12-08-2009, 11:24 AM
We are kicking around the idea of backpacking from the eastern side - I think that would be great . . . how far is Newberry by sled to Krupps? If the eastern up gets snow I am all for the backpack trip - less time in the truck!!!

nacho
12-09-2009, 03:18 PM
We used to stay in Mass City from Sunday to Friday and would do 850-900 miles without riding alot of the same stuff 2x. Get maps from all the areas over there and you can pick out some pretty big loops going in all directions. We used to do one day north, one day south, then east and west, then hit some of the smaller loops in the middle on the last day if we had time. It is awesome over there!