PDA

View Full Version : Ontonagon area update

thebluff
12-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Wow-

Freshly plowed last night in Ontonagon. Woke this morning to the cars we had parked outside with drifts up to the side windows on the pickup truck, my sons Cavelier was 2/3 buried. Everywhere I plowed was bare due to the wind. The wind was coming directly off Lake Superior a couple hundred yards away and was dense snow (this is coming right off the lake, not sideways snow).

The radio said on the lakeshore we have had 41" in the last 5 days...all but yesterday have had dramatically more snow each day in toward Mass-Rockland. Not that deep on the ground yet though. The 14" yesterday was real fluffy powder, this stuff today is super moist and heavy...good for packing. 8" was the estimated for the lakeshore this morning.

They also said that the wind was steady at 50mph with gusts to 67mph. My bedroom faces the lake, the wind sounded like a train at 3am...not much sleep last night!

Time to ride!!!

timner
12-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the updates Matt!! Got any pics of the 25ft waves?? Wish we could be up there again this weekend. Twark's trying to coordinate a small TK Krew. We'll see...

-Ner
***Team Kesslers***

fgsacts
12-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks Matt. We'll be up next weekend. Sounds like conditions will be prime.

docbubba
12-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Team ManBearPig rolls the 17, looks like the Kessler boys will be breaking us in! BTW we put about 2000 flies from our apartment into yours, so good luck with that, neighbor. ;)

thebluff
12-09-2009, 09:36 PM
came home from work tonite (ontonagon). the snow was blowing off the lake all day with high winds. the back side (west-ish side) had quite a drift. I could see the tunnel from my oldest son digging out his car. the drift was from the house and out 25' and the full lenght of the building. It was deeper than the hood on my Chevy truck.

Needless to say, I am sure the sons cavelier was buried. Took me a bit of time to chisel and carve this snow away so I could get to the door. still blowing like no tomorrow out.

let er snow!