PDA

View Full Version : Rockland / Twin Lakes 12/11 - PICS

hiawatha
12-12-2009, 12:19 AM
3 of us old guys headed up to Greenland today for some therapy and hooked up with 3 young fellows from Ladysmith - Dustin, Adam, Zach. We rode 13 to Twin Lakes again. It is still ungroomed and lots of sloppy swampy stuff but with an extra 3'-4' of powder on top. We had a ball getting stuck, burning belts & getting soaked. By the time we made it to Twin Lakes we were beat... but I think the young guys were worse.. LOL.. We chilled at Pine View for an 1 1/2 hr for some good grub and a rest, ran into a bunch of old friends.. then headed down the Bill Nichols back to Pat's Yamaha. The Bill Nichols was packed down but rough and it was getting dark and the rutted stuff was trying to jump out and get us but we made it back unscaved... We live to ride another day!!!
Heading back north again tomorrow!

for more pics http://hiawathamotorinn.com/snowmobiling.shtml

lenny
12-12-2009, 02:59 AM
trail 13 from Greenland to rockland and headed west towards LG is groomed all 23 miles to Norwich rd. I broke trail (groomer, sleds were riding already) the last 7 miles and when I got 3/4 from the turnaround I stuck that big blue pig in the swamp. Luckily I didn't get excited, took a minute and worked a plan, you only get one chance backwards and than your in till help comes. I wiggled it back and forth just 6-7" and hit it, Holy cow what a mess out there. On the way back I pushed a Hugh load in the hole with the blade and was able to creep through.

mguthrie
12-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Lenny

Sounds like you are getting some good expierence on the groomer. No ride on the yammi yet? Thanks for the grooming by the way.

lenny
12-12-2009, 10:51 AM
hey there Matt! I have not riden the mtn max yet nor even worked on it. There is some good riding now out there to be had, trails are better than I expected. Still focusing on the "old town hall" but I have actually went out to the garage and looked at the sled, that's a start right?

mguthrie
12-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Hey Lenny-
Yep that town hall project appears to be coming along nicely. Looking forward to stopping by and checking it out. I'm sure its real nice as I seen your work on the cabin in Onto. I think you have plenty of time to get the sled ready remember you can ride all the way into April :) See you soon.