PDA

View Full Version : White Pine, Bergland, Twin Lakes Report

jhsledhed
12-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Just got back from the first ride of the year! Better than anticipated. Trails were good, still rocks, wet areas and logs, but still good! Of course Twin Lakes has the most snow we saw but South boundary was pretty Deep too! Some trails were choppy and rough but what do you expect on the first ride! There is plenty of snow! My wife got stuck and so did I even with my 141 1.5''. Didn't hit anything noticable off trail, no base really. When my wife got stuck it went down all the way to the grass! She was in about 36'' of powder judging by the hole when we got her out. All and All I would say it was pretty good. Off trail was a blast in Twin Lakes! There was some groomer problems on South Boundary but they got that taken care of! Thanks to Richard at Krupps for helping us out on Saturday! It isn't fun riding a sled with a broken tie rod end! They are always a big help if you need anything! Also the Konteka was good as usual! More snow will make it awesome everywhere up there! Happy ridin'

scottiking
12-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the report!
Heading to Krupps on Thursday!
Richard to the rescue again!
Hard to beat Krupps for taking good care of us!
Scottiking OUT

signlightseal
12-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the report. We will be heading up to Twin Lakes late Tuesday afternoon for the first trip of the year. Can't wait!!

t660redrocket
12-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the report! Watch out for for a 1/2 man, 1/2 bear, and 1/2 pig next weekend in the Mass/TL area! One with a twist throttle too? LOL!

fireworks
12-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Lenny, wife and I are headed up. I think it has been worth the wait. Trails should be established for sure now. Right? Anyways, you want a free break feast at Adventures? Friday morning if it works for you? Just waiting for all the early birds to give their trail reports. Hope everyone had an awesome week in the UP!

signlightseal
12-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Leaving in 5 hours for Twin Lakes. Anyone have updates on the trail conditions?

rugs
12-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Bergland on Friday night for weekend ride. Yea baby!!!

Just got a 1.25 ripsaw put on the TNT.

C'mon Friday.

datdude
12-15-2009, 03:37 PM
We rode out of White Pine on Sunday. We went up to Silver City, along South Boundary Rd and then down 102 (??) to Bergland and then back to White Pine. Most of the trails were really nice. 102 was plowed bare for at least 3 miles or more and riding a Summit with a 2.25" track, that is no fun. It would have been nice to know that it was plowed bare and we could have gone back the way we came. The plow banks on the side made it very challenging to get some snow. Got my fill of trail riding for the year

rturg
12-15-2009, 10:48 PM
yes, trail 102 for the last 5 miles coming down to the hoop was down to the dirt for logging!!!! now we know and lets keep others posted on that CRAPPIE MINNOW! I dont need to go down that again!!! Still smelling the hifax in my nightmares. It was downright awesome before that point. But, they do have to make a living up there. So if you dont mind dirt for 5 miles, go for it. They also plowed it right up to the tree line making it very diffucult to get lube from the banks. Soon the lake will be frozen and you can go take that into bergland and re-route from there...but note, before you hit the trail split to go to bergland or the hoop, you have been riding rock for 4 miles.