PDA

View Full Version : Trail Reports

michiganmtncat
12-13-2009, 09:23 PM
I just want to say thank you to everyone who uses this site and spends time to post true trail reports. I am so sick of other sites posting whatever they want to get people to come ride in their area. This is the only site I have found I can rely on for true trail reports. Ask and you shall receive on this site, which is what I like. I just had this conversation on the way home from Gaylord tonight with the guys so when I got home I checked to see what the reports were on the other sites for Gaylord....perfect conditions they claimed...I think not I rode on snirty moguls. So thanks again to every one and keep it up you guys help make this site as dependable as it is and why it is the only one I rely on.

Snowmobile1
12-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I agree..

If you notice the other sites are posted by business owners (hotel owners), who seem to only want you to make reservations and drive up there. Then you spend the weekend there, because you drove all the way.

whitedust
12-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Yep 1st it was JDs weather forecast then the trail reports that hooked me.

hoffmansledder
12-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Michiganmtncat, I was sure to put my .02 in first thing while driving home from Gaylord on the horrific conditions there. Because like you said if someone was to call up there and ask a hotel or sled rental place, they would tell you it's great!! WRONG! A lot of times they are the ones putting the conditions on other web sites that are inaccurate. I was certain to give a shout out though to clubs that were doing a great job ( Indian River, East Jordan, ETC).

snow_monkey
12-14-2009, 03:30 PM
My favorite is when they freeze the web cam on the best snow day of the week. Today the motel is posting good conditions and the powersports store in the same area,(poor at best.)

michiganmtncat
12-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Ya, thanks again both to John and everyone, this is a great site all around and I hope it continues. I hope everyone has a safe fun year of riding. Think snow
Team S.A.D Ohio

meklke
12-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Any information from Watersmeet?

MNMIKE
12-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Trail 3 south range area is in great shape. Some areas still have some rocks and twigs, but its so sparce that you don't even notice. 120 was also groomed and plowed in areas, and the the plow made some cuts so there are elevation changes, especially in the corners so be careful. Overall conditions are good, hopefully will see more powder up north of the bridge today, wasn't all that impressed with anything south at all.