PDA

View Full Version : Adams County

snowplowman
12-14-2009, 08:23 PM
I would really like to rebreak in the '09 800 and would like to drop off in Westfield or Oxford if things open up. Many thanks in advance for your input.

Snowplowman

catcrazy
12-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Heard they opened up today and took a beating with the warmer weather and drizzle, that is in northern Adams Co. North of Adams/ Freindship

snowplowman
12-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Has anyone ridden today after the cold? I would like to take a ride on Thursday? Only 2 hours from home but don't want to waste the vacation day if it is not ridwable.

Many thanks for the info,

Snowplowman (greg)

snowplowman
12-15-2009, 08:51 PM
That word would be "RIDEABLE"

Sno-Bandit Gary
12-15-2009, 10:15 PM
They are rideable but I would rate them Marginal. Alot of snirt. The ground has not frozen enough when we got the snow. Alot of sand mixed in the snow right now in spots. Tried grooming today but not enough to work with. From what I hear the further south you go it gets a little better. We need more snow. Everyone start the snow dance.

Gary
www.RomeSnoBandits.com

snowplowman
12-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the info I think I will give it a try anyway. I will try to drop at Oxford.

Greg

ryanslyne
12-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Just wondering how trails are around Arkdale area? Was thinking about coming up for the weekedn and staying at the cabin to get a little riding in. What are the reports?

msguss
12-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Just wondering how trails are around Arkdale area? Was thinking about coming up for the weekedn and staying at the cabin to get a little riding in. What are the reports?

Arkdale is in good shape as of wed afternoon but, it not going to stand up to the heavy traffic of this coming weekend. Try to get on it early.....

ryanslyne
12-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks! I probably will just wait a few more weekends and hope for more snow.

msguss
12-17-2009, 02:30 PM
They are calling for flurries fri into sat. There's chance we are looking at some accumulation coming next thur! Be a nice X-mass gift.

ryanslyne
12-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Yeah I liked the looks of Johns forecast for around xmas...although of course that is a long way off. But another dumping would be nice just to freshin things up a little around here.

snowplowman
12-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Rode out of Oxford, to Coloma back to Adams back to Coloma (signage issue) then down to Brooks, great burger at the Redneck, then back to the truck. All in all it was a great first ride. Some really nice, some trails untouched or marked yet. Thanks to all that do the work in that and all areas in the state to keep our sport alive and well.

Greg

Sno-Bandit Gary
12-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Took a short run from Rome towards Big Flats this morning to check things out. Sorry to say this area is toast. I turned around after about 8 miles so I would not burn up a set a Hyfax in a day. Hopefully we will get the snow they are talking about next week.

Gary
www.RomeSnoBandits.com