PDA

View Full Version : It's about time!! (Looks like it's snowing good at Tog)

doospunk
12-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Finally....

polarisrider1
12-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Finally....

I talked with the lady at Lava Mtn. this mourning and she said it is the least amount of snow she has seen in the past 15 yrs. for this time of yr. I have 16 days before heading out there. Need it to start stacking up soon.

Firecatguy
12-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Finally....

you going to make it out west with us yet? maybe cooke last weekend in feb???

hoffmansledder
01-01-2010, 07:31 PM
We are in the snowies now and it is awesome. We ran into some guys today from Iowa that have been coming here for 12 years and they let us ride with them. They have come here twice a year every year and said the snow we were in today was the deepest they have ever seen. It is incredible out here!!! Definately no shortage of snow. Handlebar deep and bottomless when you get stuck. Thanks to Chris and Michelle at the Mountain Meadow lodge for a great cabin. We will be back next year and thanks to the Andy and the guys from Iowa for the tour.

doospunk
01-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Pat - Could be a possibility. Keep in touch.

Hoff - Sounds like a good time. Be sure to post some pics when you get back!

hoffmansledder
01-02-2010, 05:09 PM
JasonO will be putting up the pics, he had the camera. I had the video camera and have to get dvd's burned

techsledder
01-05-2010, 10:09 AM
It's looking pretty good this morning....

jasono
01-05-2010, 11:54 AM
hey all. i posted pics from snowy's in guest shots. def check them out.

polarisrider1
01-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Called Togwotee Lodge tonight and they said it has been snowing pretty good last couple days. Snow is starting to stack up.

polarisrider1
01-09-2010, 02:50 PM
I can't believe we cancelled. who would of known it would turn to winter out there the next day after making the call.

hoffmansledder
01-11-2010, 09:54 AM
I have a friend heading to Tog on Thurs. I hope it either gets better for them or they check first.

hoffmansledder
01-12-2010, 08:26 PM
I called Tog today and she said they had 29" at the lodge and about a foot more on the mountain. So it still isn't great. Hopefully next week will bring more for those folks going west.

Midnight Rider
01-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Leaving for the trails in 10 min heading up to Tog on the trailer. I will give a report and pics on the conditions. Weather channels says we are going to get light snow today, tonight, and tommorow.

Midnight Rider
01-13-2010, 09:02 PM
No fresh powder, but there are areas that have not been hit yet. About 6" on top of the crust, no new crust has formed yet. Calling for snow tonight, but sounds like only an inch or two.

onefastcat
01-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Would appreciate any updates out in Togwotee. We have a group going out next Wednesday and are praying for good conditions.

polarisrider1
01-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Would appreciate any updates out in Togwotee. We have a group going out next Wednesday and are praying for good conditions.

called Tog. again. not so good. went to snowest and found out same. Am I every going to get to ride this yr. other than last month in Harbor Springs?

dekx
01-17-2010, 02:39 PM
I hope this changes, supposed to leave Feb 15th....finally made the move to go out there and it's not looking good.....

hoffmansledder
01-17-2010, 06:01 PM
I think you will be OK by Feb 15

polarisrider1
01-22-2010, 04:12 PM
looking much better.

onefastcat
01-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Just got back from Tog. last night at we had a blast. It started snowing Friday afternoon and was still snowing when I left. Tons of untouched snow -4-5ft deep. If you cant find the snow on your own get a guide, there are diffently worth it. I want to go back already, there staff and guide service was outstanding.

pics to come soon

techsledder
01-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Just got back from Tog. last night at we had a blast. It started snowing Friday afternoon and was still snowing when I left. Tons of untouched snow -4-5ft deep. If you cant find the snow on your own get a guide, there are diffently worth it. I want to go back already, there staff and guide service was outstanding.

pics to come soon

Friggen sweet! I can't wait for March.... Who was(were) your guide(s)? Glad to hear the conditions where great for you.

arcticcatman
01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Went riding with two friends Yesterday before the Vikings game, windshield deep most of the day, stuck a few times, Etc...
Even though I live here in Jackson, Wy... and I am friends with several guides on Togwotee Pass, I can tell you that they are worth every penny and then some... No matter how much you think you know about the area, Understand that it is their Job to know where and how to find better snow... Check out these pics!!!

onefastcat
01-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Yep you said it all, the guides are the way to go. All awesome guys that find the steep and deep. If it wasn't for those guys our trip wouldn't have been the same. They found us snow that I didn't think existed. I'd still be lost and stuck if we hadn't gotten a guide. Ryan and Noah where the two we got.-F-ing sweet