PDA

View Full Version : Email alerts

mspease
01-12-2010, 01:13 AM
I've noticed I don't get an email on every post from a thread I have posted on, it's hit and miss. Has anyone else noticed this? Sometimes I get only about 50% and I like to keep up with the posts on my BlackBerry.

Paul
01-12-2010, 08:23 AM
When you receive the first notification from a thread it says that it will not send any more notifications until you visit the thread again. I guess this is so it doesn't flood the system by sending out e-mail all the time. If there was a hot thread with hundreds of people getting e-mail I could see how it could possibly cause issues.

mspease
01-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Man, I don't like that! The old system handled it no problem. The issue is when I'm away from my computer for any length of time, as I could keep up with a thread. Now you have to go back and read everything once you get to a computer. Seems like we went backwards on that option anyway.

frnash
01-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Now you have to go back and read everything once you get to a computer.
Using the New Posts feature doesn't take care of that for you?

No way would I want my email cluttered with all the activity on this forum. 'Tis much easier to just use the New Posts feature! No?

mspease
01-12-2010, 02:07 PM
No, the new posts don't work as it brings up all new posts, not just the ones you have posted on. New posts are just as easy to read under each area as they go to the top. You only get emails from the posts that you have posted to and you can chose to get them or not. The problem is when you are away from the computer traveling for business or grooming for 6 hours. It was nice to be able to keep up with each new post, (again, only on threads that I have posted to) without going back once you are at the computer and having to read everything when your time could be better used. JMO.