PDA

View Full Version : screen resolution

eagle1
04-12-2010, 05:26 PM
What's the best screen resoultion for this site? What is everyone else using?

I have a 17' lcd monitor and tried a higher resolution but then I can't get the text of the site ( the blue part) big enough to read.
I'am currently running 1024 x 768. I ask because another site I visit are posting pictures 1024 x 768 and I always have to scroll right to see the whole pic.
How big of pics can we post here using photobuket?
Thanks

Dave_B
04-12-2010, 05:56 PM
I have a 17" wide screen on my laptop and am running at 1920 x 1200 and have no issues viewing the whole screen.

Screen resolution and picture viewing resolution are two seperate settings though.

Paul
04-12-2010, 08:19 PM
1024x768 should fit most web pages of any site. The issue you may find is that if the site doesn't limit the size of a pictures the picture size can be larger than 1024x768. With a larger picture you will have to scroll. The higher you set your resolution the smaller print and text will be on your computer. On a lot of LCD's you can set the resolution to odd sizes and then you will have to scroll for everything. If you select a higher resolution it should allow you to see all the text or pictures on most sites, but there is always a chance that you will have to scroll for some pictures on other sites.

Paul

pete_w
04-13-2010, 06:08 AM
you can always try

Ctrl+= Increase font size
Ctrl+Dash Decrease font size
Ctrl+mouse scroll wheel also works if you have it
Ctrl+0 sets it back to default

Pete