PDA

View Full Version : Trout Season Closing the 30th

mrsrunningbear
09-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Streams are running, the water is cold and the fish are biting! Only a little time left to fill the pan. Anyone going Trout fishing? Great streams up here!

ubee
09-21-2010, 09:41 PM
real YOUPPERS leave the heads on LOL! makes me hungry!! wash them down with a 30 pak of Busch lite ,better yet !

mrsrunningbear
09-21-2010, 11:52 PM
real YOUPPERS leave the heads on LOL! makes me hungry!! wash them down with a 30 pak of Busch lite ,better yet !

no heads in this girls frying pan LOL

Polarice
09-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Streams are running, the water is cold and the fish are biting! Only a little time left to fill the pan. Anyone going Trout fishing? Great streams up here!

What kind of flies are you using? I was going to try the Sturgeon river this weekend in the central UP. I'm assuming that the same flies should work.

Any advice would be great!

mrsrunningbear
09-22-2010, 09:34 AM
What kind of flies are you using? I was going to try the Sturgeon river this weekend in the central UP. I'm assuming that the same flies should work.

Any advice would be great!

we use a small hook, little bitty bobber and a worm. Its hard in some of our streams to get a good cast in so we don't use fly's that often. Hear the fishing is good over there. This is a good link for some info on that area and what their fishing with. Have a great time and take some pics to show us :)

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Polarice
09-22-2010, 02:40 PM
So do you guys use like a 1/2" indicator type bobber with a small hook and worm and then just let it drift and do roll casts with fly rods?

mrsrunningbear
09-23-2010, 09:00 AM
So do you guys use like a 1/2" indicator type bobber with a small hook and worm and then just let it drift and do roll casts with fly rods?

I'm pretty bad about knowing sizes but I use the old red and white round bobber it's about the size of a regular size gumball :o (real tiny) just big enough to keep the line above the water and yes toss it up stream and let it drift over the spot you think their hiding. I use a spin casting. Hope this helps

thunderstruck88
09-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Hey MrsRunningbear can you say I am HUNGRY put them together with some onion rings and some hush puppies (NOT SHOES) and you got a heck of a meal Can you hear my tummy rumbling all the way up there? lol :p THINK SNOW ROCK + ROLL AND FUDGE AND LOTS AND LOTS OF FISH YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)