PDA

View Full Version : More big snows predicted for the west

skeedoo
11-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Here is a link to a site I watch for western snow details... Looks like I need to go pick up my new sled and head west. Been waiting but think the wait has to be over!!!

http://www.coloradopowderforecast.com/2010/11/19/dude-another-huge-snowstorm-is-coming/

Also the "Towers" at Buffalo Pass (Steamboat Area) show 5 feet at the stake... Still not even close enough snow to cover all of the obstuctions but what a great start to the season, keep it coming!!

Firecatguy
11-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Here is a link to a site I watch for western snow details... Looks like I need to go pick up my new sled and head west. Been waiting but think the wait has to be over!!!

http://www.coloradopowderforecast.com/2010/11/19/dude-another-huge-snowstorm-is-coming/

Also the "Towers" at Buffalo Pass (Steamboat Area) show 5 feet at the stake... Still not even close enough snow to cover all of the obstuctions but what a great start to the season, keep it coming!!

got the word from friend in jackson that there is a great base with waist deep on top of that!!!!another 3ft by mon.......we decided to load and go....week and counting!!!!!!

skeedoo
11-21-2010, 11:35 AM
got the word from friend in jackson that there is a great base with waist deep on top of that!!!!another 3ft by mon.......we decided to load and go....week and counting!!!!!!

O.k Pat, I am super jealous but... BE CAREFUL!! This early season riding is considered a "Local" riding time only. I hope you will be riding with someone that knows the area REALLY WELL, it can turn ugly quick if you go play in a rock infested area. I have been dying to go ride with my buddy that lives in Colorado but have had to force myself to stay put (thats one reason I have not gone to pick up my new sled, if I had it sitting in the garage I know I would have gone west by now). Anyway there is lots of snow out there right now but there was also a 12 foot+ base in the Snowies last year when I had "small" rock thing happen. Keep me informed on what you find, I will be headed out there soon enough. Have fun you crazy Minnesota mad men.