PDA

View Full Version : Back Packs

polarisrider1
12-13-2010, 01:32 PM
What do you recomend. I Have an HMK and just ordered a TAG (True adventure Gear) pack. It was a toss up between the TAG Storm OSP and the BCA Throttle model.

indy_500
12-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Do you plan on selling the HMK? i've been wanting one for the past couple years but never see em at snow shows, maybe i don't look hard enough.

cuzzinolaf
12-13-2010, 04:12 PM
I have this one and love it. Get black if they have it.

http://www.tagear.us/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=69

RevKev
12-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I have the True Adventure Lightning Pack, Love it

http://www.tagear.us/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=160

polarisrider1
12-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I have this one and love it. Get black if they have it.

http://www.tagear.us/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=69

Cuzz, I spotted that and it is only in orange. You know How I feel about those road construction (cat) colors. lol

polarisrider1
12-13-2010, 04:29 PM
I have the True Adventure Lightning Pack, Love it

http://www.tagear.us/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=160

Kev, Thats the one I ordered. Looks narrower than my HMK pack, which is what I want. Also I tend to lose shovel handles with the HMK pack. Also it was nice seeing you at the Avy class yesterday.

nitroman
12-13-2010, 04:47 PM
BCA Throttle for me I hate the shovel handle hanging out there it catches tree's and tries to separate me from the sled. It's just as fast to pull the shovel out of the BCA as it was my Klim pack. I also like that the drink tube is in a zipperd sleeve!

polarisrider1
12-13-2010, 05:29 PM
BCA Throttle for me I hate the shovel handle hanging out there it catches tree's and tries to separate me from the sled. It's just as fast to pull the shovel out of the BCA as it was my Klim pack. I also like that the drink tube is in a zipperd sleeve!

I agree with the throttle bag. Problem is I ordered the TAG bag already and it has been shipped. It is also a fine pack to have so I will try it out. If It don't work I will sell off the TAG and go with the BCA Throttle pack. I just want smaller. The HMK is just a little to big and I don't like a pack on me as it is.

Firecatguy
12-13-2010, 06:36 PM
the new klim back pack looks like its a nice pack.....friend had one out west and iwas looking it over.....pretty nice

jmom800x
12-14-2010, 12:24 AM
What do you recomend. I Have an HMK and just ordered a TAG (True adventure Gear) pack. It was a toss up between the TAG Storm OSP and the BCA Throttle model.

Back pack questions....You must be one of those stand up riders. LOL

muzik
12-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Does the TAG pack have as much space as the HMK pack. We will backpack for a couple of days and need a change or two of clothes. We fly into Togwotee and take all our gear in one HMK pack per person. We mail out boots, bibs, and helmets UPS.

techsledder
12-14-2010, 04:12 PM
I just got the TAG Lightening pack as well last spring on a closeout special. I heard lots of folks liked them; even our guide out West. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the TAG brand. This one I'll be able to throw in my camelback bladder for water as well.

yamahaboy701
12-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Kinda off topic but does anybody have the new TAG storm gloves?

Also I just got a new BCA float 30, backpack with saftey.

CatsOnly
12-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Has anyone tried the FLY packs, I also see them called WPS?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FLY-BACK-COUNTRY-SNOWMOBILE-BACKPACK-PROBE-SHOVEL-KIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3efc8807c9QQitemZ27052 4745673QQptZSnowmobileQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_27 50wt_939

Ordered it bc it was basically the only one i could find, and it comes with shovel/saw, water pouch, yada yada

polarisrider1
12-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Does the TAG pack have as much space as the HMK pack. We will backpack for a couple of days and need a change or two of clothes. We fly into Togwotee and take all our gear in one HMK pack per person. We mail out boots, bibs, and helmets UPS.

Luggage is not the purpose of my Back pack.

nitroman
12-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Kinda off topic but does anybody have the new TAG storm gloves?

Also I just got a new BCA float 30, backpack with saftey.

2 of my buddies had the storm gloves and ditched them in favor of the klim Powercross although their hands stayed dry the gloves would freeze and become very stiff.

polarisrider1
12-14-2010, 10:43 PM
2 of my buddies had the storm gloves and ditched them in favor of the klim Powercross although their hands stayed dry the gloves would freeze and become very stiff.

I have 2 pr. of the storm gloves (won them in a drawing) they are great on a 25 degree day of boondocking and Mtn. riding when you really need to hang on. I will wear them mid day for that. The Togwotee glove works very well with or without the liners.

polarisrider1
12-14-2010, 10:48 PM
This is the pack I ordered. I wanted a narrower pack than the HMK. http://www.helmetoutletusa.com/index.cgi?Function=Snowmobile&Detail=4514&Cat=Backpacks&Name=Lightning Pack OSP&Manuf=True Adventure Gear Free shipping and no sales tax closed the sale for me.

polarisrider1
12-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Do you plan on selling the HMK? i've been wanting one for the past couple years but never see em at snow shows, maybe i don't look hard enough.

sold it to someone in here just a hair quicker. The TAG Lightning pack OSP showed today. Very nice. Indy I have a BCA Stash pack also on order I may sell one or the other when I decide what one I want to keep. The BCA is brand new with tags and I will give you a great deal if I don't keep it.

polarisrider1
12-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Keith, can you post what goes in a back pack again to help keep these folks safe.

polarisrider1
12-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Totally confused on what pack to use now. I ordered the BCA stash pack and a True Adventure Gear (TAG) Lightning pack and I had a HMK pack. they all are great packs in there own way. Any input from owners of any of the 3 would be greatly appreciated.

nitroman
12-23-2010, 08:00 PM
How about a backpack that exudes your confidence!
http://www.amazon.com/Dora-Explorer-Boots-Mini-Backpack/dp/B002ES4ASO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1293151795&sr=8-7
Just kidding! I have not rode with the BCA yet but I did not like the HMK at all!

doospunk
12-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Totally confused on what pack to use now. I ordered the BCA stash pack and a True Adventure Gear (TAG) Lightning pack and I had a HMK pack. they all are great packs in there own way. Any input from owners of any of the 3 would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne - Went into the Bob's Cycle the other day to pick up a Christmas gift for my brother, and ended up walking out with the new Klim Krew pack. Like you, I wanted more storage, and a narrower fit than my HMK has. This pack has both. I especially like the fact that the hydration hose sits within a zipped in liner on the shoulder strap for minimal exposure, and fleece lined pocket perfect for keeping my exchangable lenses in, and the tool kit was a huge bonus also! Was able to keep the HMK shovel, and store it in the same manner as with the HMK pack. The only exception seems to be that the handle has less exposer to snagging something unlike on the HMK. If that doesn't work, I can always throw the handle in the pack if needed.

Not trying to throw a wrench in your thought process. If ya can't decide, bring em all out to the snowies, and strap one on your back, another on your chest, then sport the 3rd like a diaper!! Should get a good feel for all three!! Good luck with your pick :p

polarisrider1
12-24-2010, 12:59 AM
How about a backpack that exudes your confidence!
http://www.amazon.com/Dora-Explorer-Boots-Mini-Backpack/dp/B002ES4ASO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1293151795&sr=8-7
Just kidding! I have not rode with the BCA yet but I did not like the HMK at all!

Thank you it would match my Dora lunch box. lol Heading North for a week and will test the 2 new ones that I have.

polarisrider1
12-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Okay, here is the run down. I bought a few pack backs and wife was entertained watching me pack, unpack, adjust, wear in front of a mirror, walk around the house in full klimgear to figure out what pack I want to keep. The TAG Storm, BCA stash pack and the HMK were tested all morning. All are vrey nice packs and each have their own twist on how to make the ultimate pack. Since slickwilly08 wants the HMK it narrowed down my choice. Another hour of testing comfort goes by. Tough decission,wife laughs some more and shakes her head. I am keeping the TAG. It is the smallest of the 3 and it fits me the best. The BCA stash pack is a great pack still has tags on it. Will sell for $80 includes shipping. Pd.$118. Never left the living room.

thebreeze
12-25-2010, 03:40 PM
The bigger the better when it comes to backcountry packs for the west IMO. Sucks running out of space.

polarisrider1
12-25-2010, 04:01 PM
The bigger the better when it comes to backcountry packs for the west IMO. Sucks running out of space.

I also have a trunk bag to carry some stuff.

snoluver1
12-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Wayne - Went into the Bob's Cycle the other day to pick up a Christmas gift for my brother, and ended up walking out with the new Klim Krew pack. Like you, I wanted more storage, and a narrower fit than my HMK has. This pack has both. I especially like the fact that the hydration hose sits within a zipped in liner on the shoulder strap for minimal exposure, and fleece lined pocket perfect for keeping my exchangable lenses in, and the tool kit was a huge bonus also! Was able to keep the HMK shovel, and store it in the same manner as with the HMK pack. The only exception seems to be that the handle has less exposer to snagging something unlike on the HMK. If that doesn't work, I can always throw the handle in the pack if needed.

Not trying to throw a wrench in your thought process. If ya can't decide, bring em all out to the snowies, and strap one on your back, another on your chest, then sport the 3rd like a diaper!! Should get a good feel for all three!! Good luck with your pick :p

Santa just brought me one. Very nice pack! My only complaint is the lack of compartmentalized (is that a word?) pockets. Would be nice to have at least one section of the pack with that. Although, I guess you could say that is in the "tool kit" part.

Firecatguy
12-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Tic tic tic tic