PDA

View Full Version : German Snowmobiler

Desperado
03-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Hi, this are a few pictures from our 6 days UP tour in the first Feb. week. We made it from Curtis to Hancock up to Coper Harbour to Bergland (Had a nice evening at the Bergland Bay Bar with Tom) Lake of the Clouds and back to Curtis. We are from germany and so it was great Adventure for us.

Thank you to all the volunteers (Grommers etc) who make this possible. We had a lot of fun.

Team Elkhorn
03-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Very nice pictures, thank you for sharing. Welcome to John Dee.com and the UP.

lofsfire
03-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Looks like it was a great time!

Desperado
03-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Here a some Snowpics without Snowmobiles. This pictures are from skiing with my buddys in the Alps (Switzerland). Its not far away from where we are living in Germany. If you are interested I can post some more pictures.

Greetings from germany

lofsfire
03-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Are there any networks of trails over there, like here? Why trip all the way here to ride? Just to do it, family, friends? Other. Don't get me wrong the UP is great and I remember my first trip there and I loved it! (http://www.johndee.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11885) Just wondering.

Nice skiing pictures too!

Desperado
03-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Snowmobiling iss not possible in Germany - we have only snow in the mountains and there it iss not allowed to ride except for working or service in the Skiareas.
To me it happend like this: In summer 2007 I was on a short trip to Chicago and there I discoverd this sport. Immediately i was electrified and it was as plain as day for me that I have to do this. No sooner said than done in January 2008 I had my first ride on a snowmobile. This year it is the third time riding for me and now i am hooked on..........and I hope to do it every year......

Some more pictures.....

mspease
03-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Love the story and the pictures! It looks like you had good trails.

lofsfire
03-17-2011, 11:54 PM
That is really cool! I'm glad you are able to keep coming back to enjoy the sport. It is defiantly one of those things you either really love or not. And if you love it you can't get enough!

Desperado
03-18-2011, 03:17 AM
In our week the trails have been in very good conditions

attack_06
03-18-2011, 02:51 PM
next u will want to try the out west experience in mtns

Desperado
03-19-2011, 11:00 AM
That is exactly what Im thinking of when I see the pictures here from Wyoming (Togwotee,Snowies ...). But I need more practice in riding. Only one week a year is not too much

andoverboyz
03-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Desperado,

Welcome to the sport we all have loved since we were kids. That's an impressive ride you guys did. You should keep the site notified of your next ride, so some of us could meet up with you and show you the land we all love so much, it's always great to meet fellow sledders.

Good Luck,
Pat

attack_06
03-23-2011, 02:06 PM
That is exactly what Im thinking of when I see the pictures here from Wyoming (Togwotee,Snowies ...). But I need more practice in riding. Only one week a year is not too much

put some wheels on a sled over there and ride the autobahn i here atvs r legal on streets there

Desperado
03-24-2011, 07:39 AM
put some wheels on a sled over there and ride the autobahn i here atvs r legal on streets there

You are right - ATVS are legal on streets here but not on the Autobahn

Desperado
03-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Desperado,

Welcome to the sport we all have loved since we were kids. That's an impressive ride you guys did. You should keep the site notified of your next ride, so some of us could meet up with you and show you the land we all love so much, it's always great to meet fellow sledders.

Good Luck,
Pat

Nice pictures - I hope i can afford to come to the UP for riding next winter - when it happens i will post it here in John dees.com and may be I meet some of you - would be great!!

Thanx
Olaf