PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Bikes / Dual Sports Ride - UP

cuzzinolaf
04-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Who is in? When? I wanna get up there soon.

ranlam
04-14-2011, 08:24 AM
What are you doing this weekend? I plan on taking mine out for the first time this weekend. Gonna be crappy and cold but we dont care. Hopefully it does not snow. Come on UP and ride.

cuzzinolaf
04-14-2011, 09:45 AM
I won't be up this weekend. I used to get every other Friday off and was up all the time. I'm hoping we get it back this summer and then I'll be up more. As of now I want to save my vacation or sickations for nice weather trips. I do have a friend coming to visit from the east coast and who is bringing his bike. We plan to do at least one trip in May so I'll letcha know.

nytro_rtx
04-14-2011, 11:41 AM
cuzz, keep us posted when you're going up, looking forward to getting together to ride. have you been out riding at all on the new toy?

ranlam, did you get mt text? we're not gonna make it up this weekend now, but we're coming up Thursday next week. should have the 400 all done tonight & the rzr is all ready to go also. looking forward to getting out riding. if you want me to send up the brake pads before i come up just text down your addy & i'll get them sent out right away.
nytro

fatdaddy
04-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Are the trails open right now for both ATV and dirt bikes

ranlam
04-14-2011, 06:53 PM
They want us to stay off the trails till May 15th. So thats what we do...stay off the trails.
Just local stuff... no long rides. Dont want to tick off the man.

cuzzinolaf
04-14-2011, 09:23 PM
cuzz, keep us posted when you're going up, looking forward to getting together to ride. have you been out riding at all on the new toy?

ranlam, did you get mt text? we're not gonna make it up this weekend now, but we're coming up Thursday next week. should have the 400 all done tonight & the rzr is all ready to go also. looking forward to getting out riding. if you want me to send up the brake pads before i come up just text down your addy & i'll get them sent out right away.
nytro

Could always carpool up since gas prices are going up. I took the DRZ around the hood and up and down the main road near my house but that is it. I got my helmet, goggles, gloves and need to look into some boots and pants/jerseys soon. Can't wait to get up there.

fatdaddy
04-15-2011, 03:15 PM
olaf,

what year drz, and what did you do to it, I have a 03 all stock at this point, thinking about doing so upgrades as well, let me know.

cuzzinolaf
04-15-2011, 03:21 PM
olaf,

what year drz, and what did you do to it, I have a 03 all stock at this point, thinking about doing so upgrades as well, let me know.

I bought it from Snow_Monkey on this forum. It is stock for now and I only plan to do little things. I did buy a rack/bag for the back, plan to change the pegs, rear tire, a skid plate and maybe a few other things. I'm leaving the engine stock.

local897
04-15-2011, 09:12 PM
I will all so be up easter weekend testing out the NEW to me 1981 Honda Odyssey FL 250! Hopping to have it all put back together this weekend!

cuzzinolaf
04-15-2011, 09:14 PM
That won't fly with mama. Get her goin' and I'll be up eventually.

nytro_rtx
04-18-2011, 01:30 PM
cuzz, If it works out we could carpool up to save some $$$. Won't be long now before it's time to ride the UP. I have been out the last 4-5 weekends riding, hopefully next week i'll have a bunch of stuff I'm doing done and will be able to start getting out a couple nights during the week also.

local, we'll be UP Easter weekend, decided not to go this last weekend. I'll give ya a call before Thursday to get a plan & hook up while we're all UP there.
nytro

local897
04-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Well we are pulling out on this weekend! With it beeing cold and snow we won't be able to do all the things we wanted to do so it looks like labor day week is for sure the nx time I know I will be up! Might swing a last min short weekend between. Will keep you all posted on here as well. You all have a good easter weekend with whatever it is your all doing.

arcticgeorge
04-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Hey guys i'am new to the UP and i was wondering if dirt bikes are allowed on all ORV / 4wheeler trails? I would like to find some old dirt bikes for me and my son.

fatdaddy
04-18-2011, 03:32 PM
I just went to a gas station and purchase on ORV sticker and rode all over the place in MI, WI does not allow dirt bikes that I know of, MI yes.

cuzzinolaf
04-18-2011, 05:22 PM
cuzz, If it works out we could carpool up to save some $$$. Won't be long now before it's time to ride the UP. I have been out the last 4-5 weekends riding, hopefully next week i'll have a bunch of stuff I'm doing done and will be able to start getting out a couple nights during the week also.

local, we'll be UP Easter weekend, decided not to go this last weekend. I'll give ya a call before Thursday to get a plan & hook up while we're all UP there.
nytro

I'm game. I have a pickup and my enclosed snowmobile trailer if needed. Only took the bike out once and just got all the basic gear (helmet, boots, gloves, pants, etc.) that I'll need.

I'm ready whenever it is nice out.

nytro_rtx
04-20-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm game. I have a pickup and my enclosed snowmobile trailer if needed. Only took the bike out once and just got all the basic gear (helmet, boots, gloves, pants, etc.) that I'll need.

I'm ready whenever it is nice out.

Sounds good to me, proly just need the truck(yours or mine), I leave 1 of my bikes there so I don't have to haul it back & forth. Sounds like you have all the gear you need, except I would suggest getting a camel back, it's nice to just grab the tube and have a drink while riding. I just bought mine at Gander Mountain.

Won't be long until it's nice out, then we'll figure out a weekend to ride.

nytro

cuzzinolaf
04-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Sounds good to me, proly just need the truck(yours or mine), I leave 1 of my bikes there so I don't have to haul it back & forth. Sounds like you have all the gear you need, except I would suggest getting a camel back, it's nice to just grab the tube and have a drink while riding. I just bought mine at Gander Mountain.

nytro

I wear a Tek Vest on my sled and have been toying with the idea of a core protector and possibly elbow pads. I can see wiping out hurting big time on dirt/rocks and not sure if I'm getting too crazy now.

A camel pack... Hmmmm, that might be a good idea.

Whoever gets better gas mileage... I get roughly 18mpg on 39/51.

I plan to go up in May sometime... just not sure when.

ranlam
04-20-2011, 09:07 PM
A simple chest protector and a camel back is sufficient. I used to wear a zip up style suit but found its just to bulky and hot. I found knee and shin guards work great for when nytro shoots me with a roost of rocks.LOL. Cant wait to ride this weekend.

windingtrailgal
04-20-2011, 09:13 PM
ranlam and nytro (and others?) how's the Mem Day weekend shaping up? Too bad you don't have a jeep along for gear! sigh

local897
04-20-2011, 09:52 PM

nytro

AND a extra tube never hurts right Nytro??

fish633
04-21-2011, 10:38 AM
It is still a go.Can not wait.Ranlam did you get my res.for fri.nite?

nytro_rtx
04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
AND a extra tube never hurts right Nytro??

HAHAHA!!! it happens 1 time & I'll never hear the end of it!!!! Atleast it was close to Henry's so I had a place to wait for my ride to pick me UP. LOL
nytro

nytro_rtx
04-21-2011, 05:05 PM
I wear a Tek Vest on my sled and have been toying with the idea of a core protector and possibly elbow pads. I can see wiping out hurting big time on dirt/rocks and not sure if I'm getting too crazy now.

A camel pack... Hmmmm, that might be a good idea.

Whoever gets better gas mileage... I get roughly 18mpg on 39/51.

I plan to go up in May sometime... just not sure when.

cuzz, I wear an under jersey chest protector that works great and has saved me a few times thats forsure, but don't wear elbow or knee pads(maybe I would wear knee pads but I never let ranlam get out in front to pay me back for roostin him) but I know alot of peeps that do.

Not sure on milage as I don't have an odometer to keep track of it. I can do a 80 mile enduro and never hit reserve and thats riding agressive for the most part, well now that I think about it thats pretty much how we always ride!! LOL

More towards the end of May will work better for me, I have a DR. appointment the beginning of May that will hold me back from riding a couple weeks.
nytro

nytro_rtx
04-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Oh yea here's a the protector I wear, I also wear it on my sled, it's light & comfy.

Yooper_Bob
04-22-2011, 12:48 PM

Just wear your tekvest on 'da bike. I do that all of the time...way more protection that a cheap, plastic roost protector.

cuzzinolaf
04-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Just wear your tekvest on 'da bike. I do that all of the time...way more protection that a cheap, plastic roost protector.

Wouldn't that be hot?

phazerpilot
04-22-2011, 03:51 PM
cuzz, sometimes safety far outways comfort.after wearing a tekvest this winter and a chest protector atving for 10 yrs. i was thinking of going to the tekvest year round for better core protection than plastic chest protector,i will for sure be wearing it when on the klr this year i'll deal with the heat. got to work on mon.to play with the toys!!!

cuzzinolaf
04-22-2011, 03:55 PM
cuzz, sometimes safety far outways comfort.after wearing a tekvest this winter and a chest protector atving for 10 yrs. i was thinking of going to the tekvest year round for better core protection than plastic chest protector,i will for sure be wearing it when on the klr this year i'll deal with the heat. got to work on mon.to play with the toys!!!

I'll give it a shot. :)

cuzzinolaf
04-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Ordered better pegs, a longer shifter and hand guards today. I have a rack/bag to throw crap in... got all the riding gear except for the camel pack. Just gotta put it all on and ride now.

ranlam
04-24-2011, 11:33 AM
WTG. Bring yer jeep. Would be a blast for you guys. Tell Art to fire up that 250.

nytro_rtx
04-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Get what you're comfortable with, tek vest or whatever. I've hit my chest quite a few times with my "cheap" plastis roost protector on and it worked great, also it stopped the chain from tearing up my back when the chain on my Harley hillclimber broke in 3rd gear wfo., not a wide back plate but it works.
nytro

ranlam
04-26-2011, 09:14 PM
I agree .. get what your comfy in. A big bulky vest can tick you off when its 85 degrees out, not to mention it limits your movement a little. Look at motcrossers they got a little roost protecter under there jersey. The trick is to be aware of your abilities as a rider, dont ride past it. Were out there to have fun.
Hey nytro its snowing here tonite again!

nytro_rtx
04-27-2011, 01:41 PM
I agree .. get what your comfy in. A big bulky vest can tick you off when its 85 degrees out, not to mention it limits your movement a little. Look at motcrossers they got a little roost protecter under there jersey. The trick is to be aware of your abilities as a rider, dont ride past it. Were out there to have fun.
Hey nytro its snowing here tonite again!

LOLOL Imagine that, it doesn't snow most of the winter & now it keeps coming. It needs to stop already!!!
nytro

cuzzinolaf
05-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Looks like it is warming up. Soon.

ranlam
05-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Went for a ride to Rockland and back yesterday. The trails are drying up pretty good for the most part. We should be good to go by next weekend.

snow_monkey
05-11-2011, 02:30 PM

I bought it from Snow_Monkey on this forum. It is stock for now and I only plan to do little things. I did buy a rack/bag for the back, plan to change the pegs, rear tire, a skid plate and maybe a few other things. I'm leaving the engine stock.

I miss my bike but I know you will have fun. Remember there was an easy upgrade to remove the restrictor plate but you have to run premium. There were claims of 11 to 14 horsepower from this mod. You could change the gears out also, no need to do 100 mph!!!

cuzzinolaf
05-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I miss my bike but I know you will have fun. Remember there was an easy upgrade to remove the restrictor plate but you have to run premium. There were claims of 11 to 14 horsepower from this mod. You could change the gears out also, no need to do 100 mph!!!

All of my friends ride street bikes except for one and he doesn't even live by me. Saying that, I'm buying a Harley tomorrow and the enduro bike thing might have been short lived. Only time will tell. LOL

Skylar
05-11-2011, 06:17 PM
All of my friends ride street bikes except for one and he doesn't even live by me. Saying that, I'm buying a Harley tomorrow and the enduro bike thing might have been short lived. Only time will tell. LOL

Your're worse than a woman! LOL

nytro_rtx
05-11-2011, 06:23 PM

That will be short lived if ya get rid of it already, we haven't even had a chance to ride the UP yet. Keep me posted if you're gonna take it up to the UP before ya sell it, hopefully we can get together & ride.
nytro

cuzzinolaf
05-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Honestly, if I knew more people near me who had enduros OR if there were more places to ride by me I wouldn't have got the Harley. All of my friends have Harleys or similar so I am just trying to be a cool kid. I'm not OUT of the enduro yet and will decide come mid July or so....

nytro_rtx
05-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Honestly, if I knew more people near me who had enduros OR if there were more places to ride by me I wouldn't have got the Harley. All of my friends have Harleys or similar so I am just trying to be a cool kid. I'm not OUT of the enduro yet and will decide come mid July or so....

Yea I hear ya on the places to ride and knowing more people to ride with on the enduro. Enjoy the Harley and put up a pic or 2 of it. Let me know if ya go up to the UP in June, I'm pretty much open every weekend except I have a race on Fathers day so I'd be out that weekend but could hook up any other weekend in June.
nytro

phazerpilot
05-12-2011, 07:34 PM
cuzz , pm me a way to hook up with you and i can take you on a ride from gurnee to the state line that has a little of everything to to get that drz dirty.felt like you last year,no one to ride klr with but wasn't buying a street bike, too many bad drivers by us.

snow_monkey
05-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Anyway be careful ! I saw the aftermath of an ugly car vs. bike tangle on telegraph rd. today.

snow_monkey
05-12-2011, 08:50 PM
We took a couple of rides riding from one small town to the next via fire roads with about 5 guys. That bike will tear up the fire roads in the upper thats where it will shine!

cuzzinolaf
05-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Anyone gonna be up and around the weekend of June 10th/11th? I'm heading up with a buddy on Wednesday night or Thursday morning to ride. Will be in the Mass/Twin area.

Firecatguy
05-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Keith is this you???Andy said you like bears ***???lol

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr317/firecatguy/KTM-Pink.jpg

ezra
05-29-2011, 01:33 AM
she looks like a keeper to me before I got kidnaped and forced in to this whole family thing I would have tracked that girl down. come on rolling a KTM super motto and a full custom at that. guessing a few school girl out fits in the closet gold right there I tell you.looks like 90 lbs at best and prob not affrade to hit the nos on shaved Ice in 660.I was looking at some ktm enduros this spring 690 was the cheepest at $10200 felt like a bit much for a enduro nice bikes but spendy.

Firecatguy
05-29-2011, 09:44 AM
she looks like a keeper to me before I got kidnaped and forced in to this whole family thing I would have tracked that girl down. come on rolling a KTM super motto and a full custom at that. guessing a few school girl out fits in the closet gold right there I tell you.looks like 90 lbs at best and prob not affrade to hit the nos on shaved Ice in 660.I was looking at some ktm enduros this spring 690 was the cheepest at $10200 felt like a bit much for a enduro nice bikes but spendy.

hehehe i agree she looks fun!!!!!!my friend in Denver been running his KTM endro all winter he loves it great bike he ride up in the summer to the Mtns dont even need a trailer....