PDA

View Full Version : Heading to the UP this weekend!

Polarice
05-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Going up Friday and doing some fishing for steelies and brookies off of a lake superior trib.

Any advice on what to use...maybe better spots to go? I'm bringing the fly rod and spinning rod and going to the central yoop.

squat
05-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Going up Friday and doing some fishing for steelies and brookies off of a lake superior trib.

Any advice on what to use...maybe better spots to go? I'm bringing the fly rod and spinning rod and going to the central yoop.

Call before going. I went through there Sunday from the western UP and the streams were ripping. I was going to styop and fish a few but just too much water.... Western was not bad but still lots of water.

Polarice
05-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Call before going. I went through there Sunday from the western UP and the streams were ripping. I was going to styop and fish a few but just too much water.... Western was not bad but still lots of water.

I didn't catch a darn thing Saturday. Fishing sucked! I guess I just need to spend a lot more time up there to find the fish. It was also a bluebird sky day; the worst for fishing!