PDA

View Full Version : winter trips 2011-2012

polarisrider1
06-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Whohas made plans already for out west trip (s). I am locked in for Cooke City and Island Park again this year. Looking to set up one more out west trip. How about you?

lookin4snow
06-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Right now I am locked in for Togwotee between X-mas and New Years. I will also be doing a Snowies trip in February sometime, and then will go back to Togwotee the second week of March 2012.

RevKev
06-28-2011, 11:54 AM
3 of my 4 trips are booked already, Cooke City in Jan, Island Park ID in March, and Ten Mile (Snowies) WY in April. Theirs still one trip in Feb to Albany WY up in the air as of now. All trips booked through http://www.momsmotorsports.com

polarisrider1
06-28-2011, 12:05 PM
3 of my 4 trips are booked already, Cooke City in Jan, Island Park ID in March, and Ten Mile (Snowies) WY in April. Theirs still one trip in Feb to Albany WY up in the air as of now. All trips booked through http://www.momsmotorsports.com

Kev, it looks like I will be at Cooke and IP same time as you again.

cuzzinolaf
06-28-2011, 12:30 PM
There is a chance of Cooke between Christmas and New Year, I'd like to hit Alpine, WY but dunno if it will happen... and am thinking there is a chance of checking out Albany Lodge in the Snowies late in the season.

I'm sure this will change 10 times between now and winter so scratch it all LOL.

polarisrider1
06-28-2011, 01:58 PM
There is a chance of Cooke between Christmas and New Year, I'd like to hit Alpine, WY but dunno if it will happen... and am thinking there is a chance of checking out Albany Lodge in the Snowies late in the season.

I'm sure this will change 10 times between now and winter so scratch it all LOL.

Cuzz, we may have room for you on Cooke City trip. check with moms asap because we are close to booked if not already. IP is totally booked with 27-28 of us going. Keep me in the loop on your plans. Maybe we could pull off the Lava Mtn. trip in a much smaller version we had planned 2 years back when all the snow melted on us before we got there.

cuzzinolaf
06-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Cuzz, we may have room for you on Cooke City trip. check with moms asap because we are close to booked if not already. IP is totally booked with 27-28 of us going. Keep me in the loop on your plans. Maybe we could pull off the Lava Mtn. trip in a much smaller version we had planned 2 years back when all the snow melted on us before we got there.

I would go if it wasn't a week solid. Why can't they do a trip over a weekend?

polarisrider1
06-28-2011, 11:03 PM
I would go if it wasn't a week solid. Why can't they do a trip over a weekend?

More economical to travel on both weekends and ride during week. Only need to take 5 days vacation to get a 9 day trip. Got to count travel time in there. Week room rates are also better since weekend warriors will pay top dollar to stay on friday and saturday only.

cuzzinolaf
06-28-2011, 11:29 PM
More economical to travel on both weekends and ride during week. Only need to take 5 days vacation to get a 9 day trip. Got to count travel time in there. Week room rates are also better since weekend warriors will pay top dollar to stay on friday and saturday only.

Ehhhh, all good in theory but I doubt I'll do it because I'm really only good for three days of good riding. I like the drive out Wednesday night, ride Thursday late, Friday and Saturday and head up Saturday night or Sunday. After chatting with Pat I think I'm gonna check out Albany the next time I hit the Snowies.

polarisrider1
06-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Ehhhh, all good in theory but I doubt I'll do it because I'm really only good for three days of good riding. I like the drive out Wednesday night, ride Thursday late, Friday and Saturday and head up Saturday night or Sunday. After chatting with Pat I think I'm gonna check out Albany the next time I hit the Snowies.

I am pretty beat after the first 3 days also. I have been known to take the 3rd or 4th day off to see the sites in town (if there is one) then ride hard the last day or two.

polarisrider1
06-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Sitting on the fence about 10 mile on west side of snowies. Cuzz, What about Lava mtn. area with 4 guys? and drive out. I know my way around there enough to get us into the good stuff.

polarisrider1
06-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Cuzz, you with me?

cuzzinolaf
06-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Cuzz, you with me?

Where are we going?

polarisrider1
06-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Where are we going?

How about Cooke City for a week? or the Lava trip with a small group of guys.

polarisrider1
06-30-2011, 06:07 PM

lets discuss it next thursday or friday.

cuzzinolaf
06-30-2011, 06:08 PM

I'd be willing to do 3 days of vacation (maybe 4) at most and it has to be over a weekend. I'd prefer to arrive back at home by 5pm or earlier on the day before I have to return from work. If you can setup something with that criteria I'm all in.

Sucks working for the man but it is what it is.

cuzzinolaf
06-30-2011, 06:09 PM
lets discuss it next thursday or friday.

Why don't you circle Lake Michigan with us and we can discuss it Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :p

polarisrider1
06-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Why don't you circle Lake Michigan with us and we can discuss it Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :p

I am doing a Toys for tots fund raiser Sat. afternoon and have a Eagleriders Club meeting Sunday at 1:30pm. I can only give you Thursday night and Friday all day.

cuzzinolaf
07-01-2011, 11:38 AM
i am doing a toys for tots fund raiser sat. Afternoon and have a eagleriders club meeting sunday at 1:30pm. I can only give you thursday night and friday all day.

boring

polarisrider1
07-01-2011, 01:11 PM
boring

The toys for tots is a motorcycle poker run with beer tent and band at the end. Oh and after the club meeting on sunday I have an advanced boater safety class at 3pm. I belong to to many clubs. I tried to get some fellow Eagle Riders to go with us and they reminded me about the run on saturday and they were not smiling. I am a Road Captain and suppose to help with the run. I told them we had this planned for months, so sat. Morning I have to head back to Grand Haven asap. What time you guys going to make it to the boat on thursday?

cuzzinolaf
07-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Just giving you a hard time. I'm thinking around 8:30 ET on Thursday unless traffic is horrible.

polarisrider1
07-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Just giving you a hard time. I'm thinking around 8:30 ET on Thursday unless traffic is horrible.

Sweet I just bought $230 worth of guest beer for this weekend, should have a few left for you guys! lol. I planned out a nice trip up the west coast of Lake MI for us.

ezra
07-11-2011, 11:01 PM
doing kremmling for new years then think I am out for the rest of season .think I am getting lazer back surgery after that they say I will be out for 6 to 8 weeks may get another trip but not counting on it.I am torn I can steel a 12 cat but having a hard time with spending the cash for 5 days and a chance at poss another 5 and the pain of having to walk out to the shop and look at it sit

RevKev
07-12-2011, 06:51 PM

Well make that all 4 trips are booked, the Feb trip to Albany has been changed to Ten Mile Inn, and I'm in, only drawback is meeting the Semi in Milwaukee.

polarisrider1
07-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Well make that all 4 trips are booked, the Feb trip to Albany has been changed to Ten Mile Inn, and I'm in, only drawback is meeting the Semi in Milwaukee.

polarisrider1
07-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Cuzz, we forgot to discuss. I got an idea. ride a half week during the time I ride a whole week. meet up with the guys I ride with out west and decide from that if it is worth the whole week or no week. What I am trying to say is stay clear of the snowies drama and ride out west. You will love Island Park, or Cooke City or Lava Mtn/ Togwotee with the right group.

polarisrider1
08-17-2011, 03:21 PM

Well? Anything new? Drive out for the "3 day" Cooke trip. I will rip it up just ahead of you.

Firecatguy
08-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Olaf need to try Tog this year.......Just do it.......

cuzzinolaf
08-18-2011, 10:47 AM

Save me a spot in your rig and I'll do it. I'm not sure if my group is willing so I'll need to go you or Paul.

doospunk
08-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Save me a spot in your rig and I'll do it. I'm not sure if my group is willing so I'll need to go you or Paul.

I'm down for a Tog trip again. Keep in mind if your willing to meet somewhere along the way!

Pat - Anything new on your guys end with a possible gig somewhere out there?

techsledder
08-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Word Riggs, Word!

Firecatguy
08-19-2011, 09:24 AM
my rig maybe out there already!!!!

I'm down for a Tog trip again. Keep in mind if your willing to meet somewhere along the way!

Pat - Anything new on your guys end with a possible gig somewhere out there?
shhhhh not yet.......

Firecatguy
08-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Word Riggs, Word!

gidddy up!!!!

techsledder
08-19-2011, 10:06 AM

shhhhh not yet.......

Ahhh-ha! Nice!

cuzzinolaf
08-19-2011, 11:01 AM

As long as I can find someone to roll with I'll consider.

polarisrider1
08-19-2011, 01:19 PM
As long as I can find someone to roll with I'll consider.

are you guys talking Tog. trip?

polarisrider1
08-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Pat, Isn't Cooke or IP closer and easier for you to get to than Togwotee? take 90 straight west and a touch south.

cuzzinolaf
08-19-2011, 01:22 PM
are you guys talking Tog. trip?

I'm talking about Disney World.

Firecatguy
08-19-2011, 01:23 PM
all the same from here.......the snowies is 12hr but tog,cooke are 16.....

Firecatguy
08-19-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm talking about Disney World.

yes thats Togwotee.....

polarisrider1
08-19-2011, 02:23 PM
yes thats Togwotee.....

Olaf, If I talk real sweet to John he just might ad an ignore button for just you! lol. 16 hrs. heck you never would see me in Michigan if it was that close. 25-30 hr. ride depending on weather and Chicago traffic for me.

muzik
08-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Is no one married. I told my wife that I am planning three trips this year. Da UP in Feb six days, Island Park in Marcheight days, and Ten Mile in April eight days and she looked at me like I am crazy and said I thought you only go on two trips a year. And You never take me anywhere. So I told her she can come riding anytime she wants. There are novice groups.

Firecatguy
08-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Olaf, If I talk real sweet to John he just might ad an ignore button for just you! lol. 16 hrs. heck you never would see me in Michigan if it was that close. 25-30 hr. ride depending on weather and Chicago traffic for me.

Kinda the way we are heading.....

Firecatguy
08-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Is no one married. I told my wife that I am planning three trips this year. Da UP in Feb six days, Island Park in Marcheight days, and Ten Mile in April eight days and she looked at me like I am crazy and said I thought you only go on two trips a year. And You never take me anywhere. So I told her she can come riding anytime she wants. There are novice groups.

Been there Done that......she did not care for sledding........Kinda like that song...me or fishing......well I sure like sledding!!!!!!

Hoosier
08-19-2011, 03:11 PM

I wonder the same thing! Of course I have 3 small children also so riding is very limited these days...I still like to read about everyone else's stories...

muzik
08-25-2011, 01:25 PM
So, I have planted the seed to my wife of the three trips I would like to take this Winter. She said three??? You never take me anywhere. That little seed has taken root and she may be OK for three week long trips.

polarisrider1
08-25-2011, 02:46 PM
So, I have planted the seed to my wife of the three trips I would like to take this Winter. She said three??? You never take me anywhere. That little seed has taken root and she may be OK for three week long trips.

My kids are grown, so don't have that preasure. (they out ride me on my equipment). I tell my wife what I am doing and she say's fine. She likes having the entire bed to herself, along with the remote, nobody asks her how much more wine you drinking? and not having to listen to me snore is vacation enough. Married 31 years, must be doing something right. But she is talking about a cruise or Hawaii sometime in her life. (I have no use for either). Oh and we have a place in Florida I haven't ever seen...ever. neighbors say it is still standing, My mother and an aunt from Canada use it when not rented. I have 2 west trips locked in with a sitting on the fence to 10 mile (snowies) this season. As many northern adventures that deep snow allows. Suspect Wawa will be out due to my friends seem to not be able to cross the border for various reasons.

frosty
08-26-2011, 12:11 AM
My kids are grown, so don't have that preasure. (they out ride me on my equipment). I tell my wife what I am doing and she say's fine. She likes having the entire bed to herself, along with the remote, nobody asks her how much more wine you drinking?

Amen to that Brother!!!

Cuzz, Polarisrider, I'm in for a trip out west.

Cuzz, I'm with you on the 4 day excursion, after that, to much!

polarisrider1
08-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Amen to that Brother!!!

Cuzz, Polarisrider, I'm in for a trip out west.

Cuzz, I'm with you on the 4 day excursion, after that, to much!

I usually do two days hard riding then goof of a day seeing the sites visiting local saloon etc. Then two days at it again. Brain say's hit it hard non stop, body say's, "yea right". Drive out with Cuzz, but you guys need to venture farther than the snowies is my opinon.

polarisrider1
08-27-2011, 10:13 AM
New sled is in. Got many pics of it. Giddy as a school girl!

techsledder
08-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Nice one Wayne!

What do-dads are you going to add? :D

RevKev
08-29-2011, 03:04 PM

Where have I heard that line before???? Nice Ride Wayne, Looking forward to Cook City in Jan!!!

polarisrider1
08-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Where have I heard that line before???? Nice Ride Wayne, Looking forward to Cook City in Jan!!!

The line is a classic. I stole it from our one and only Crazy Canadian, Jeff. (It takes a real man to say that).

Hoosier
08-30-2011, 01:46 AM
Suspect Wawa will be out due to my friends seem to not be able to cross the border for various reasons. Lol. With friends like that...

Sled Solutions
08-30-2011, 11:18 AM
CO with Chris, UT and possibly WY.

nitroman
08-30-2011, 07:59 PM

Congrats! Got mine about this time last year killed me staring at it just waiting for snow!

zimmbob
09-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Me and buddies are heading to Steamboat Lake CO the end of January. Found a very nice big house 1/2 mile from SLO so we can all stay together. Stayed at SLO last year and they were fabulous. Just nice to have all 8 guys in one place for the evening festivities, eating, etc... We had great snow and a fab time last year, and now we know where we are going, so it should even be better to adventure into places unknown as well.

jmom800x
09-12-2011, 05:01 PM
here is the schedule for my club.....join up and take an affordable route out west.
11 Mountain trips PLUS summer and fall fun too....momsmotorsports.com

November 9th-16th
Glamis, CA - Sand Dunes
Michigan to CA
75-Toys
40-Riders

December 10th-16th
Ten Mile, WY
Michigan then west

January 8th-13th
Island Park, ID
Michigan then west

January 22nd-27th
Cooke City, MT
Michigan then west

February 5th-10th
Island Park, ID(West Yellowstone)
Michigan, Minneapolis then west

February 12th-16th
Cooke City, MT
Minneapolis area pick ups, then west

February 19th-24th
Lava Mountain, WY on Togwotee Pass
Milwaukee area pick ups, then west

February 26th-March 1st
Ten Mile, WY
Milwaukee and Minneapolis area pick ups

March 5th-10th
Michigan, South Bend Indiana, then west

March 18th-23rd
Michigan, then west

April 1st-6th
Ten Mile, WY
Michigan, I-80 west

April 15th-20th
Ten Mile, WY
Michigan then west

August 2012
Sturgis, SD - Bike Week
Michigan to SD

August 2012
IDAHO OR MONTANA - Bikes Out WEST Week
Michigan to WEST

HAYDAYS 2012
Michigan to MN

polarisrider1
09-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Where have I heard that line before???? Nice Ride Wayne, Looking forward to Cook City in Jan!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdexagA7i2c&feature=related

polarisrider1
09-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Nice one Wayne!

What do-dads are you going to add? :D Ordered Slide Kicks, Mountain Addiction gas tank, under seat bag and currently shopping for a tunnel bag. Trying to get away from a backpack a bit. My son had a freak accident with a tunnel bag and handlebars out to Tog. 2 years back. Tec vest, 2way radio and beacon I will always wear.

ridehard
09-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Signed up for the Feb 12 thru the 16 trip to Cooke City thru MOMS this year . First time going with them looks and sounds great. I dont have a mountain sled so I will rent out there from Bearclaw. Sounds like there rental rates are the best. They have M1000,s , M8's and some new Proclimb M8 sleds to. I can't imagine the truck has 2 stories in it with enough room for 18 people must be bigger than it looks on my computer screen. I am sure it will be a new and great experience for sure. Anyone else going on this trip? How is the riding in Cooke. I have rode Alpine WY once and alot of it was either going up or down did not find alot of meadows or flater areas to play. Is Cooke more extreme or does it have everything? Night life looks like it may be good in Cooke also.

polarisrider1
09-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Signed up for the Feb 12 thru the 16 trip to Cooke City thru MOMS this year . First time going with them looks and sounds great. I dont have a mountain sled so I will rent out there from Bearclaw. Sounds like there rental rates are the best. They have M1000,s , M8's and some new Proclimb M8 sleds to. I can't imagine the truck has 2 stories in it with enough room for 18 people must be bigger than it looks on my computer screen. I am sure it will be a new and great experience for sure. Anyone else going on this trip? How is the riding in Cooke. I have rode Alpine WY once and alot of it was either going up or down did not find alot of meadows or flater areas to play. Is Cooke more extreme or does it have everything? Night life looks like it may be good in Cooke also. Cooke Is pretty extreme. You will need all the avy gear. Take an avy class, Rent a ProRMK. The food is great! Mostly Poos and Doos running around there when I was there last year. And yes indeed we put up to 26 sleds in the trailer and 18 people in the truck. I have done it several times, prefer it over driving out. You can walk around, sit, sleep, watch movies, drink beer or keep up on JDee site while going down the road. Rick, Jacob and Paula Mom are some of the nicest people you will meet.

cuzzinolaf
09-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Cooke is a lot of fun and I think the town is one of my favorite "snowmobile towns" that I have been to. The riding is all very close to town and you need to be careful on both of the passes to get into the riding areas. Both hills can slide and have in some spots. Two guys were killed on Lulu Pass a few days after I was there in 2007. A Dozen Turns was filmed somewhere in the area of Daisy Pass.

Another suggestion is KNOW where you are and don't ride outside of the boundaries when in Cooke.

polarisrider1
09-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Cooke is a lot of fun and I think the town is one of my favorite "snowmobile towns" that I have been to. The riding is all very close to town and you need to be careful on both of the passes to get into the riding areas. Both hills can slide and have in some spots. Two guys were killed on Lulu Pass a few days after I was there in 2007. A Dozen Turns was filmed somewhere in the area of Daisy Pass.

Another suggestion is KNOW where you are and don't ride outside of the boundaries when in Cooke. Oh ya, forgot to mention the "Fish Police". The Boundaries are very well marked. It totally amazed me that wagon trains would cross Lulu and Daisy pass to haul gold miners. It is plenty enough on a sled let alone in a covered wagon.

RevKev
09-29-2011, 07:51 PM

Another suggestion is KNOW where you are and don't ride outside of the boundaries when in Cooke.

Cuzz, The Story of "A Dozen More Turns" actually took place In the Centennial Range, On Mt Nemisis, Near West Yellowstone MT/Island park ID. Mt Nemisis in the next Mtn to the west of Mt Jefferson.

ridehard
09-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Riding out with MOMS sounds great and I am truly looking forward to it. You mentioned the FISH POLICE is that something I would need my fishing pole to take care of? What do you mean when you say do not ride out of boundary at Cooke? There are actually boundaries or is it private land? I plan on taking my GPS loaded with topo map of Montana and Wyoming to get around and keep track of where I am. I have taken a few online avy classes so I do know a little. Plan on renting avy gear there sounds like they got it all. I am still undecided about the rental sled. Last year while in Alpine I rented a 800 ProRmk and it was a great riding and handling sled but I only got to ride it 4 hours and the throttle position sensor went out of tune. It really made me a better rider than I really am by the way it handles. It would tip on it side with ease and powder turns and down hill turns were also easy. This was all on set up snow. I did not get into the trees though I am not that good yet and did not want to have a wreck. I was then given a Doo summit 800 to ride. What a difference. The doo would not handle as easy on the set up snow as the Poo would and I struggled to make turns until the last day we got into some deeper snow then it would turn fine but was still a handfull. The power on the Doo was definitly more and noticable. I may just rent a Cat a couple days then a Poo just to see the difference. From what I am reading the Cat used to be the sled to have in the mountains.

RevKev
09-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Out of bounds, AKA into the Wilderness area, thus leading to a $5000.00 fine if cought. Yes there are boundarys around Cooke, Look for the Bright Orange signs, and DON'T go past them, the Froest service is out there, and they do patrol the area.

polarisrider1
09-30-2011, 12:49 AM
Cookes got boundries. to the west edge is Yellowstone and the rest is wilderness areas. The fish police are what many call the Forest Rangers and the FDA guys and women riding around. Kev and I got to meet them up front and almost personal last year. They are the ones who come around to identify your frozen carcass in the spring after the avy that buries you months earlier. Otherwise they pretty much ride around the boundary looking for an "out of bounder" to write a ticket to. Don't worry there is plenty enough to ride out there that you don't have to go "out of bounds".

ridehard
09-30-2011, 02:09 AM
WOW!!!! $5000 for riding out of bounds seems kinda steep its not like you killed someone. I looked at the map of Cooke online and see now the boundaries you are talking about. I suppose someone has to keep all of the riders inline to keep all the non riders happy to. Is there good riding south into Wyoming? Thanks REVKEV, CUZZINOLAF and POLARISRIDER1 for the info it is appreciated.

RevKev
09-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Sign to look out for at cooke25053

polarisrider1
09-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Sign to look out for at cooke25053
Ridehard, like I said earlier, The signs are very easy to see. I am all for the boundaries, there happens to be buffalo, and other wildlife all over the place. The wilderness areas give them a safe secure place to live away from humans.

polarisrider1
10-04-2011, 11:07 PM
WOW!!!! $5000 for riding out of bounds seems kinda steep its not like you killed someone. I looked at the map of Cooke online and see now the boundaries you are talking about. I suppose someone has to keep all of the riders inline to keep all the non riders happy to. Is there good riding south into Wyoming? Thanks REVKEV, CUZZINOLAF and POLARISRIDER1 for the info it is appreciated.

Here is a map of the boundaries. Yes riding is very good south east of Cooke City. We travel about 30 miles east to my favorite spot. I would love to tell you but then I would have to shoot you! :)

ridehard
10-05-2011, 05:18 AM
AAAHHHH!!!! Polarisrider1 your pictures only add to my misery of waiting to go RIDE. It looks like a great place to ride, nice pictures. I will have to find my own secret area and show pictures of it to you and I might even tell you where it is after I tear it up of course. You say it is 30 miles to the top of the world riding area in Wyoming and I see you are riding the pro rmk's. Did you need to carry gas? It would be 60 miles round trip in and out could you do much riding once there at top of the world and make it back on a tank full from Cooke City?

RevKev
10-05-2011, 11:09 AM
AAAHHHH!!!! Polarisrider1 your pictures only add to my misery of waiting to go RIDE. It looks like a great place to ride, nice pictures. I will have to find my own secret area and show pictures of it to you and I might even tell you where it is after I tear it up of course. You say it is 30 miles to the top of the world riding area in Wyoming and I see you are riding the pro rmk's. Did you need to carry gas? It would be 60 miles round trip in and out could you do much riding once there at top of the world and make it back on a tank full from Cooke City?

To ride out at top of the world, you need to take gas with you, we usually drop our gas tanks off at the safety shelter, bury them in the snow, play all day,then dig them up and fill the sleds for the ride back to Cooke. We bury them to keep them safe/prevent theft.

cuzzinolaf
10-05-2011, 11:15 AM
There is plenty of good riding in Cooke. If you time it right and go in the middle of the week you might be the only ones in town. I know when I was there we were the only ones. The one guy in our group had a nasty stuck and then we had a broken a-arm and we got in after dark. People in the town were about to send out search and rescue for us. I didn't go to "Top of the World" and still had a blast. You don't need to go there if you're worried about gas. Safety and survival first.

polarisrider1
10-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Okay, Top of the world it is. Word is out. In the 4th picture is Revkev and his Pro with another ProRMK behind him and a Doo Summit all coming to my rescue. It was plenty steep. I was taking the pictures of my rescue team all stuck too! We were on the mtn. behind theclosest mtn. in pic. 2 and to the right. north of Cooke near the "Boundary". This year I am on an RMK Pro 800 155 also. I purchased from Mountain Addiction a way sweet 3.3 gallon tank and mount just for "Top of the world" riding. The 30 miles over to that area goes pretty quick when you are honning your Ricky Racer skills on a Mtn. sled. There is a very nice trail to Top of the world to speed things up.

cuzzinolaf
10-05-2011, 01:55 PM
What are the dates for this Cooke trip you're going on, Wayne?

polarisrider1
10-05-2011, 01:58 PM
What are the dates for this Cooke trip you're going on, Wayne?Jan. 22-27. Contact Jacob or Rick Mom. we can pick you up on the way. I suspect the trip is very close to full if not full already. Also Island Park March 5-10. and then Possibly 10 mle in Mid April.

cuzzinolaf
10-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Transportation for me and my sled and lodging is included? Anything else?

polarisrider1
10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Transportation for me and my sled and lodging is included? Anything else? And Breakfast and dinner included. Only thing extra is sled, gas, oil and Beer. Nice rooms, great food. Bear Claw Bob even lets us use his heated garage to wrench on your sled if need being you ride a cat and all. lol. Space is very limited on many of the trips so best to decide soon. Wintertime (Joe) is going along with me, revkev, smurfrider (Doug) and a few more that you may know. Who knows you may be starring in "Flatlander 2".

cuzzinolaf
10-05-2011, 02:43 PM
There isn't any room accord to the website.

polarisrider1
10-05-2011, 03:01 PM
There isn't any room accord to the website. Call Rick Mom at 1-231-437-0287. See what he has to say direct. the web site changes constantly. I got my deposit in months ago. And I already have 2013 trips planned. love to have you along!!

cuzzinolaf
10-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I spoke with Rick and he is going to let me know. What other trip are you doing this year?

RevKev
10-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Call Rick Mom at 1-231-437-0287. See what he has to say direct. the web site changes constantly. I got my deposit in months ago. And I already have 2013 trips planned. love to have you along!!
Me too!! Can never think too far in advance:cool:

polarisrider1
10-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Me too!! Can never think too far in advance:cool: I learned it from you kev.

polarisrider1
10-05-2011, 08:25 PM
IP March 5-10. Would love to do Wawa, Ont. (missed that last yr.) and a long shot of 10 mile (snowies). If we could put a Lava Mtn. trip together with 4-6 guys I would highly consider for mid feb. or very late season.

cuzzinolaf
10-05-2011, 09:28 PM
I think a mid-late March trip to Lava or that area is definitely a possibility. Wawa most likely won't happen and I'm curious about Ten Mile but would need to think about another Snowies trip.

polarisrider1
10-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Wawa would be a spur of the moment thing, They get a major dumping and trails are still closed, we go. Canada riding is a commitement thing. If you buy the permit you better plan to ride there. (a lot). Like long track said, there are ways around it for us off trail guys, but is it worth the hassle?

polarisrider1
10-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Olaf is out. Anyone interested, Snow Monkey, Dave B., trailshredder, Fgsact, Harvest1121, sledheaddude800, doospunk, firecatguy, windingtrails gals guy Art, Indy 500 or others. this is a no poser trip. Avy areas a plenty. Cooke City Jan. 22-27 Avy class Highly recommended to ride with Me, smurfrider, revkev. or rest. we will do a beacon test at east end of town on first day to make sure you know how to use your beacon. Who knows you may wind up in a video. Cooke is on my list as A#1. Revelstoke preliminary. Get your your wings and hop on board.

polarisrider1
10-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Get in touch with your inner school girl. ride with PR1 and Revkev this winter! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHOlLnz2CnM

willey
10-12-2011, 11:04 AM
PR1 how many spots are left for Cooke?

RevKev
10-12-2011, 12:20 PM
PR1 how many spots are left for Cooke?

Room for 11 in the truck and 20 sleds for the Jan 8th Cooke trip, the Jan 22nd trip is full at the present time. Call Rick or Jacob, and put your name down, and if a cancellation occurs, You will be moved into that spot.
http://www.momsmotorsports.com

polarisrider1
10-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Cuzzinolaf, we just had a meeting and you don't qualify.

cuzzinolaf
10-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Why? LOL

polarisrider1
10-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Why? LOLWow! 1 minute to respond. lol. just my way of saying HI!

polarisrider1
10-20-2011, 09:30 PM
olaf is out. Anyone interested, snow monkey, dave b., trailshredder, fgsact, harvest1121, sledheaddude800, doospunk, firecatguy, windingtrails gals guy art, indy 500 or others. This is a no poser trip. Avy areas a plenty. Cooke city jan. 22-27 avy class highly recommended to ride with me, smurfrider, revkev. Or rest. We will do a beacon test at east end of town on first day to make sure you know how to use your beacon. Who knows you may wind up in a video. Cooke is on my list as a#1. Revelstoke preliminary. Get your your wings and hop on board. hello!!!

doospunk
10-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the offer Wayne, but I'm not going to be able to make Cooke happen this year. Take some pics for us!

Firecatguy
10-21-2011, 09:22 PM
thanks Wayne wish I could make it but it looks like my Card is full......Giddy up!!!

polarisrider1
10-21-2011, 11:13 PM
thanks Wayne wish I could make it but it looks like my Card is full......Giddy up!!!Im or email me. I can't cook or clean but I am a walking talking Polaris encyclopedia and as a bonus I can drink with you! Had a good time with you guys at Saint Ignace. "I rode the Grate" t-shirts going on sale soon!

Firecatguy
10-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Im or email me. I can't cook or clean but I am a walking talking Polaris encyclopedia and as a bonus I can drink with you! Had a good time with you guys at Saint Ignace. "I rode the Grate" t-shirts going on sale soon!HAHAAh....I should of did the grate....lol I a looking forward to next summer and the "annual" Up Bike trip.....what a blast!!! I heard from a little birdie that there is a cpl looking to sell their Carpet biz and store front in Jackson.....lol.......will will need to hook up this winter when you guys come out I think your coming to Lava? you got my cell#?