PDA

View Full Version : Laramie Hotel Recommendation?

firmeski
12-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Planning a trip to the snowies in early January, we want to stay in Laramie for more night life and restuarant choices, any recommendations? We know it's a pain to drive up the MTN daily, but wanted to give it a shot. Thanks for any and all input!

snobinge
12-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Stay far away from the Ramada...dump!

blutooth
12-18-2011, 02:01 PM
We usually stay at the Ramada the first night we get in town (because it is so late). It has a bar and some nightlife.

It is a 45 minute drive to the parking lot (Greenrock) each day though and you need to get there early to get a decent spot.

You mihght want to consider staying in Centennial (15 minute drive to Greenrock) where there are a couple bars and restaurants.

In my opinion the nightlife in Laramie isn't significantly better to justify an extra hour in the truck everyday...

blutooth
12-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Stay far away from the Ramada...dump!

LOL we were posting at the same time. Snobinge is right it is a dump, but they did have all the goofy people in the bar...

I think ur room was a little nicer than yours too...

snobinge
12-18-2011, 02:49 PM
LOL...Blutooth is absolutely correct; if you want free entertainment watching "goofy people" in the bar the Ramada is your spot. As far as the accomadations...I would look elsewhere. There is a Hilton in town that we almost stayed at that I would guess would be much nicer and closer to the U that may be closer to nightlife. Otherwise I agree with Blu...nightlife is not going to be that great anywhere in the area...its not Vegas! I also agree that it is not worth the extra drive. Stay in Centennial if you want to have access to bars and restaurants, but still a lot closer to Greenrock.

xcsks
12-18-2011, 08:35 PM
prefer the old corral in Centennial also, but have stayed in the newer Holiday Inn a couple years ago and that was pretty nice.

nitroman
12-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Laramie=no nightlife. I agree with above centennial is the place to stay and with the constant theft issues they have in laramie i wouldn't even take the chance. The Friendly bar has some pretty good nightlife at times or Albany lodge too!

rmkking
12-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Your not riding hard enough if your in Wyoming and your worried about nightlife. When your done riding for the day all you should want is a hot shower and a pillow. Worry about the nightlife when your at home not 850 miles out on a snowmobile trip. Besides have you seen the girls in Wyoming? If you think the girls from Illinois are fugly your in for a treat!! lol Go Pack Go

polarisrider1
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Your not riding hard enough if your in Wyoming and your worried about nightlife. When your done riding for the day all you should want is a hot shower and a pillow. Worry about the nightlife when your at home not 850 miles out on a snowmobile trip. Besides have you seen the girls in Wyoming? If you think the girls from Illinois are fugly your in for a treat!! lol Go Pack GoPerfect answer. Night life is for your local bar to bar weekend runs. If I make it past 9pm out west I have gone a long ways. Riding hung over truely is the pits. First three times to Tog. I did not know that they had hot tubs since I was out like a light after dinner. (I blame Carter, Noah, Matt, Jason and the rest of the guides) lol. Ride Hard or stay home.

cuzzinolaf
12-20-2011, 06:06 PM
If I make it past 9pm out west I have gone a long ways.

At your age isn't hard to stay up past 9pm most days?

polarisrider1
12-20-2011, 11:26 PM
At your age isn't hard to stay up past 9pm most days? LOL. I did set myself up for that, my son.