PDA

View Full Version : route recommedations?

ef6efi
02-12-2012, 05:22 PM
heading to albany from minneapolis next week, mapquest gave two routes, 1 through south dakota, the other to des moines iowa then thru nebraska, which route is better?

Mark@TimberlineSports
02-12-2012, 06:57 PM
The one that goes through Hurley!

-Mark

ef6efi
02-12-2012, 08:00 PM
been there done that, way too crowded, we could have room for 2 more if we found someone we could get along with.lol.....

blutooth
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
If Mapquest has the times about the same, watch the weather and make the call based on that. We usually take I-80 (Iowa Nebraska route) from Milwaukee to get to the Snowies, but we took I-90 (South Dakota) to Togwotee. Both will be similar interstate driving with the exception of the I-90 route heading through some smaller roads in western South Dakota/Eastern Wyoming.

When we got to Togwotee, some guys from MI had just arrived as well. They had taken I-80 and had fought a snow storm the whole way. We had almost nothing to the north...

Weather.com offers Interstate weather forecasts - they are pretty basic but will give you an idea.

We will be back west in the Snowies Feb 25th!

ef6efi
02-13-2012, 07:45 PM
thanks, will probably take I 90. sounds like the south route just got snow again, we are leaving here sat afternoon and coming back the 25th. can't wait.