View Full Version : Cooke city montana top of the world wyoming feb 12 thru feb 17
02-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Took a trip out west to Cooke City with the Momsmotorsports club. Easy hassle free way to go great club members. The Bearclaw Bakery has the best looking and tasting food I have ever had. I looked forward to eating as much as I did going riding. Had 6 to 8 inches of fresh at Cooke and 8 to 15 at top of the world. This was a great trip we had alot of fresh snow, endless untounch snow in the meadows hills and trees. This was my second time and my buddy's first time and this area provided some of the best terrain to learn how to ride on to terrain that will scare the sh%$ out of you. Some carnige included a bent a-arm (Bought one for $51 on ebay today) cheap fix, hit a rock on the left underside ript open the belly pan.(wire ties, new rivets and that was fixed thanks Bob for the use of the tools). The speedoo gauge cluster quit working but it still ran good. I have not figured that one out yet. Got some pictures to show how it was:cool:.
1. Cooke City by Henderson Mt. I think
2. Cooke City by Henderson Mt. I think
3. Bridge on trail to top of the world
4. safety shelter
5. large drift on trail shown broken off in later picture below
02-18-2012, 11:56 AM
1. Highway 212 the trail to top of the world
2. inside safety shelter
3. sneaking thru the trees by safety shelter
4. snow over the hood Island Lake
02-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Top of World
1. Don powder turns on the Arctic Cat Powder Special on Island lake
2. Don hits tree gets stuck snobugee to the rescue Island Lake
3. Back side Island Lake
4. Back side Island Lake
5. On Island Lake
02-18-2012, 12:09 PM
more top of world
1. Island Lake area
2. almost to the Top of a mountain behind Island lake
3. The very top of the mountain behind Island lake Scary
4. Just east of safety shelter
5. just south of safety shelter
02-18-2012, 12:19 PM
1. chain lakes top of world
2. trail going to top of world
3. jumped off my snowmobile tracks into the fresh I was not touching bottom chain lakes
4. this drift broke off onto trail it is shown in previous picture still attached
5. top of Lulu pass watching sun come up
02-18-2012, 10:00 PM
02-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Top shelf post. Great pics,thanks.
03-02-2012, 01:21 PM
I have some video of this trip to show.
03-02-2012, 01:23 PM
03-02-2012, 01:24 PM
03-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Nice! Looks like the clutching was working pretty good!
03-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Yes sir it worked great them cats sure can go through the snow. the power claw track really hooks up. Took out a roller on the primary spider on the trip but got that fixed for $140. Looking for a good used primary if you know of one. Thanks again for the helix and the honest trade.
03-02-2012, 03:40 PM
03-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Everyone with a cat is looking for a good used primary unfortunately! Best route is to just pick up a new uncalibrated clutch for about $320. Good used clutches go for about that, and you never know what you are really getting.
If you need one, I can get them for a great price from my dealer.
03-07-2012, 12:32 AM
I will be in contact with you on the clutch later on. thanks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.