PDA

View Full Version : U.P. High School Football Playoffs

caged_beagle
10-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Ontonagon vs. LLH
Crystal Falls vs. Iron Mountain

Who ya got? I would like to see Ontos get the better of LLH seeing as I played FB there but I hear LLH is pretty tough. As for Crystal falls, they have been to the finals now quite a few years in a row so they have the experience I would think.?.?

Chad, you been to an Ontos game this year?

polarisxcsp
10-30-2009, 12:55 PM
I donít know much about either team but it always seems as if Crystal Falls is always in the finals. I would go with CF but anything can happen on a wet muddy night.

Iím from Mid Mi and our stud RB is going for a state record tonight for consecutive games with 100+ yards rushing. Right now he is tied at 24 games and should easily break it tonight. He is a 3 year starter and has 6,546 yards and 89 TDís and still playing at 9-0.

chad66
10-30-2009, 01:01 PM
No I haven't Ben, I heard from other coach's that they run there new offense very good for a young team but LL is a very good and tough team and has already hammered the Glad's once this year. I'm going to try and make it to the second half of the game as long as it's worth going for.

Chad@M&M

caged_beagle
10-30-2009, 01:09 PM
What's the new offense Chad? And from following them in the Globe this year, I didnt recognize the coaches name as an Ontonagon name, who is he?

Just wondering?

ubee
10-30-2009, 02:46 PM
THis reminds me,what time do the Lions kick off ?Lmao!!

caged_beagle
10-30-2009, 03:05 PM
I guess I don't see the correlation between UP "prep" football and the Detroit Lions, or the humor involved either? Unless it's a Michigan thing for you Cheeseheads??

Whaddya think John? Rodgers or Favre Sunday??

I'm sure I know your answer already!

chad66
10-30-2009, 03:50 PM
I cant remember his name but I think someone said he's the 5th grade teacher? He's been there a while though. If I remember they call it a split wing backfield but dont quote me on it but theres alot of movement in the backfield and hard to tell who's getting the ball or where there going with it. I think they pretty much run everthing from the same formation so it's hard to read what's coming also. It sure isn't the same as we ran though, no more were gonna smash it down your throat and theres nothing your gonna do about it with the drop in students and a very young team. They ended up canceling the J.V. team and just have Varsity football this year so it's nice to see there doing good.

Chad@M&M

mezz
10-30-2009, 04:41 PM
The Lakes all the way! They are long over due. They really took it to a well coached but young Crystal Falls last week-end, 36-6! This team is hungry like a wolf, and we all know that the playoffs are a whole new season & anything can happen. All of the teams are at their peak now & it should be a good playoff. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy. Good Luck Lakes.-Mezz

caged_beagle
10-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Speaking of staying healthy, supposedly Ontonagon schools closed on Mon or Tues and are still closed. And according to the Globe it has affected 25% of their FB team. Hopefully not everybody in the state is in the same boat, as it sucks to work hard all year and then be sub-par due to illness.

How are any of the other schools doing during this flu thing? Anyone know?

chad66
10-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Yea it's a bummer Onto's has been out all week, not sure if there allowed to practice when there's no school or not. I dont think any other school's that are in the playoffs are out but several other schools in the area were closed. I just hope they can make a game out of it.

Chad@M&M

mezz
10-30-2009, 05:47 PM
A couple of our local districts have shut down due to the flu, Dollar Bay was affected last week, Hancock is currently closed as well as a number of others across the U.P. including Onto, like I said, hopefully the boy's can stay healthy.-Mezz

chad66
10-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Not lookin' too good for the Glad's Ben. Still in the first half and it's 26-0.

m8man
10-31-2009, 09:57 PM
46-12 was the final..Rock on Lakes,,Sorry I had to as I'm a 92' grad from Lake Linden.. The O line is crazy good.. No real speed on the team though..They focus on execution and not missing any assignments. The Lakes head coach is a good friend and high school classmate of mine.

m8man

winter_time
11-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Go lakes i am a current student at llh but i dont play football rather be working in the shop getting stuff ready for winter. LLH deserves this season hands down we got a really strong team this year and tend to play with the anything can happen so hammer down and dont look at the score board method. The coaches have been working the teams but off for quite some time now and its finnanly giving them the reaction they wanted. LLH is very committed and like everyone has said anything can happen during the playoffs all teams are bringing their A games to the table now

winter_time

mezz
11-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Congratulations Lakes! Excellent job, Crystal Falls as usual will be a worthy opponent. Keep up the team work, your work ethic will continue to prove itself. Good Luck on Saturday.-Mezz

chad66
11-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Ok now that the Lakes have SLAMMED my Gladiator's I can now root for them the rest of the way. GO LAKES!

Chad@M&M

luke_duke
11-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Chad66- sounds like the Wing T offense from what you described.

caged_beagle
11-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Chad, I guess I'm with you. GO LAKES! Seeing as how back when I played and a little bit before your time Chad, we always were in the playoffs as well as LLH. Ontos was Class C back then and LLH was D. The two schools obviously rooted for eachother as we were Yooper schools. Then Ontos slipped into Class D around 94-95 and I think we started playing them. Chad could probably attest to that as that is around when he played. Werent the Lakes State Champs in like '92 or around there.

As far as the coach in Ontos now, according to my Dad he came from Menominee where they have a great history of HS football too. This guy assisted the Menominee head coach and learned the Wing T from him. I believe Menominee has won several State Championships too. Just FYI.

Bender

caged_beagle
11-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Sorry LLH,, Congrats Crystal Falls! UP Power, lets go TROJANS! Then again, Stephenson is from the UP too. So theres a quandry?

m8man
11-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Lakes were state champs twice..Runner up in 1989? Runner up in 1992, champs in 1993 and then again in like 1997 I believe..

Tough game today Crystal was better end of story.. doesn't matter now but I heard a few of the players had the flu bug but that could be just a line anyway.

m8man

caged_beagle
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Congratulations Crystal Falls, good luck against Frankfort on our Yooper home-turf (literally) @ the Superior Dome.

AND DOWN W/MUSKEGON CATHOLIC CENTRAL--GO BEAL CITY!<font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font>