Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by carter View Post
    Is it possible to spend one minute of my life without all this harrassment?????? See you guys soon.....
    I have a little video I like to watch to remind myself that Carter is Mortal. I have a whooping 1/4" of snow at home.

20.jpgLooks like Tog could get hammered in the next 48 hours

I SURE HOPE SO ! Planning on arriving on the 26th.
    Fingers are crossed.
    =)

We got hammered.....8 in. overnite, and 3 during the day...Still got to be careful, the new stuff not quite enough to fill and soften all the hardpack but she is trying...Lost lake was a great ride today.....4 days of sun...we need more white stuff... but its ok for now.....see ya all soon...

Carter we booked and are coming out Mar 7-111. I took your advice and spoke to techsledder, he was helpful. Is there anything extra besides the usual helmets and clothing we need to bring like backpacks or stuff like that?

Whats the latest here? Anything new?

Carter HAS been kinda quite on here lately...
    Just sayin'

Its not that I've been quiet, its tough trying to respond to all the " no it all's.......everyone has an opinion on conditions and not any of them have been here.....we are one of 3 places in the country with rideable snow and still the bashing goes on.....New Years resolution........come riding and enjoy.......the conditions are actually pretty good...Mother nature spoiled everyone last year.....55 ft. thats nuts... well we have snow and riding is a blast..come one come all to the greatest show on snow.......

i musta missed that greatest snow/show on earth ****,++that nutty 55 ft,didnt remember 60 ft
    trees being almost covered,partly cloudy here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, they've had close to 5 feet or more in the UP and you don't see more than 18" on the ground. It's called settling and melting.

Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    Well, they've had close to 5 feet or more in the UP and you don't see more than 18" on the ground. It's called settling and melting.
    Mark, you would be surprised how many folks stop at the giant snow gauge near Phoenix and think that in the record breaking winter of 78-79 the snow was really 32 feet deep! Or in an average winter 20 feet deep!

-John

I know, LOL. If that were the case, all of the houses and street lights etc. would be completely covered in a normal winter. Good humor!

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Mark, you would be surprised how many folks stop at the giant snow gauge near Phoenix and think that in the record breaking winter of 78-79 the snow was really 32 feet deep! Or in an average winter 20 feet deep!

-John
    Hey, that was me back in my 1985 SRV days (In 1985). I felt cheated since only 2-3 feet were on the ground. ?????? lol

We just got back from tog on sat. Rode with Carter or should we say (Spot) and yes there are many tracks around Tog, however Spot put us in fresh snow every day. It was much better than we expected had a very good time. If your not with a local or a guide tog will be a little disappointing but with someone who knows there way around you will have a good time. Thanks again Carter for a good ride. If anyone wants to know why Carter is now known as Spot he will have to explain.

Just cancelled our rooms in Centennial and booked rooms at tog next tues-sat hope its as good as you all say lol!

Quote Originally Posted by nitroman View Post
    Just cancelled our rooms in Centennial and booked rooms at tog next tues-sat hope its as good as you all say lol!
    Not so sure how much snow they have at Tog. The upside is you won't get windburn!

Guys, go into the weather channel and type 83013 for Moran, Wy. It will help explain the weather patterns. That said, we are holding our own..guys who aren't using the guides are saying they are finding good stuff to ride in. one must get aggressive at looking but its out there.I had an awesome day yesterday, and found 3 new spots I have NEVER been in before.....great finds...Its there just waiting for you to find ride and enjoy....that said..........the weather patterns are a changing and to all you cluckers who cancel you are going to miss out on the dump a coming...time for you to get with the program.....get here ....ride...enjoy.....the greatest show on snow is about to SHOW....more later...

Less then 3 weeks for me. I can't wait. Been looking forward to this since my first trip last year.

Star Valley
    Special Weather Statement in effect

SIGNIFICANT WESTERN SNOWFALL EXPECTED MIDDLE TO LATE NEXT WEEK

SOME LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED EARLY IN THE WEEK

BUT HEAVIER SNOW *IS EXPECTED BY MIDWEEK

AS A LONG FETCH OF PACIFIC MOISTURE BECOMES *ESTABLISHED ACROSS THE REGION. A PROLONGED PERIOD OF SNOWFALL IS *EXPECTED ACROSS THE WEST

FROM WEDNESDAY THROUGH THE END OF THE *WEEK

WITH PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOWFALL AS DISTURBANCES MOVE ACROSS THE *ROCKIES. WARMER

PACIFIC AIR WILL PUSH INTO THE AREA

WITH SNOW *POSSIBLY CHANGING TO RAIN BELOW 7000 FEET LATE THURSDAY OR FRIDAY. *ADDITIONALLY

STRONG WINDS WILL ACCOMPANY THE SNOW NEXT WEEK.

See............

A MOIST...STRONG WESTERLY FLOW...IN COMBINATION WITH EMBEDDED
    DISTURBANCES AND STRONG UPPER JET SUPPORT WILL RESULT IN A PROLONG
    PERIOD OF SNOW OUT WEST...WITH PERIODS OF SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATING
    SNOW FROM WEDNESDAY THROUGH AT LEAST FRIDAY. AREAS EAST OF THE DIVIDE
    SHOULD REMAIN MAINLY DRY AND RELATIVELY MILD AS DOWNSLOPING CONDITIONS
    ARE EXPECTED. AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT WILL PROBABLY REMAIN NEAR THE NORTHERN
    CWA BORDER WEDNESDAY BEFORE LIFTING NORTHWARD...MAKING FOR A CHALLENGING
    TEMPERATURE FORECAST WEDNESDAY...ESPECIALLY FOR THE BUFFALO AREA.

Leaving tommorow night!!

in Illinois, when we see "significant" snow, it is measured in inches....out West, I think that means feet.

What's going on with Tog's web cam this year? Seems like it's shut down more that it's running lately... Makes it hard to get my fix.

See you monday morn carter.

sounds like 55i by sun at Tog...WOW...hmmmmmm

Firecatguy, did you move out there?

Quote Originally Posted by rmk4ever View Post
    Firecatguy, did you move out there?
    I did....home now!!!!

JH ski resort reports 60in ok thats it we are storm chasing.....see ya sun Night Carter........

Quote Originally Posted by Firecatguy View Post
    I did....home now!!!!

JH ski resort reports 60in ok thats it we are storm chasing.....see ya sun Night Carter........
    Well Pat, :"Home is were ya make it!"

Out here right now snow is great! Thanks carter for the rear bumper! The fact that our room price they told me on the phone was not what they charged me at check out burned me a bit!

WhooooHooo having a blast snow is gReat!!!!!

Bluebird day....3 set gloves...51 miles.......Priceless

came acros theses guys today......

check out the avy!!!!

great day great snow........

Default .

great pics Pat! Looks like you boys are having fun. Looking forward to a post trip report!!

SWEET! Now I'm gettin itchy.

Itchy is an understatement. Man March 2nd can't come soon enough. Nice.

Awesome pics! Heading out a week from today, can't wait!!! Hopefully it just keeps coming down!

one week and counting for me too! I am excited to try out the new cat too!

snow is great guys!!!if your thinking about going GO......its there!!!!!had a blast

Quote Originally Posted by Firecatguy View Post
    snow is great guys!!!if your thinking about going GO......its there!!!!!had a blast
    Videos to share?!?

Awesome looking conditions, I think I rode with a few of those guys from out east last year.
    One more week and were on the way out, can’t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by powderman1 View Post
    Awesome looking conditions, I think I rode with a few of those guys from out east last year.
    One more week and were on the way out, can’t wait!
    Yeap thats the Dave,Kyle and Travis!!!we rode with them few years back too great group....

Quote Originally Posted by techsledder View Post
    Videos to share?!?
    Nope!!!

Just got back from riding with Carter for 4 days again.
    This guy just seems to be able to smell where there is untracked snow.
    If you're thinking about going what are you waiting for? You are not going to find any new snow sitting in front of your computer.
    Sometimes you just happen to find a new "honey hole"
    See you again in March, Carter.
    Flatland Jack

Flatland Jack,
    I was riding with some buddies in Tog on Friday and Saturday. Agree with you about the guides being able to find fresh (we rode with Brent). My Buddy sold a bumper to someone from Minnesota Sunday morning...was that one of the guys in your group?

How's the snow looking right now? Any fresh? Anyone throw up some pics? We are headed out on friday for a week.

jonw
    nobody in our group got a new bumper - so that wasn't me.
    farmboy84
    snow is good now. Had 4'' at lodge in last 3 days = 8'' up top.
    Pics don't do justice, I have 100's, I quit taking them, they all look the same.
    Flatland Jack

Finally a day off, only to start a 22 day run tomorrow......happy birthday to all I missed and a happy valentine's day to all. the weather forcast can't show all the small bursts of snow that are floating through the area and the little amounts of white out that add up to inches.I'm telling you lost lake was 2 plus feet deep monday...conditions are real good right now.....then in comes the weather channel with snow from Sat. till wed. Its Feb. guys Feb. is snow month....come and get it...

Well the togwotee season has a few days remaining......snow is spring conditions....I hope to ride in April with guys from Minn. for 4 days. Also friends going south to take in the beauty down there.....will post more on that as time time comes. I'm hoping the "April Season' will happen again this year. more on that as well....

Well the togwotee season has a few days remaining......snow is spring conditions....I hope to ride in April with guys from Minn. for 4 days. Also friends going south to take in the beauty down there.....will post more on that as time time comes. I'm hoping the "April Season' will happen again this year. more on that as well....
    u must have been busy this season very few posts this year on conditions keep us posted in april

Carter, just got back from seeing the hottest Cat on the mountain. Al does'nt seem to bummed out. I think dealer says he Cat should cover hopefully. I told him he would look better on an RMK.

We had a strange year.....starting out with we were one of three places that had snow. Everyone came here and the system got flattened. Continued volumn and low snow kept the system flat. Small amounts of additional snow never really brought it back. Then we had a couple of good ones and the riding was great. Its been challenging to find untracked all year but I did and in the process I amazed myself at all the stuff there is out there that I have not ridden. So I won't apologize for the slow responses this year but will try to do better. Oh, and I've got to stop getting hurt......that sled parked on my chest has produced its bruising....not real painfull but there nun the less....so, on we go......more later...

try and keep the sled under ya next year......

What a way to finish off the year, My sled means nothing to me. Hope you aren't getting sorer by the day, I should have been there sooner. Most of the time I'm too close, that time I couldn't get there soon enough.
    Take care, & God Bless.
    P.S. Thanks again for hauling my sh:t back to lodge, Al
    We had a strange year.....starting out with we were one of three places that had snow. Everyone came here and the system got flattened. Continued volumn and low snow kept the system flat. Small amounts of additional snow never really brought it back. Then we had a couple of good ones and the riding was great. Its been challenging to find untracked all year but I did and in the process I amazed myself at all the stuff there is out there that I have not ridden. So I won't apologize for the slow responses this year but will try to do better. Oh, and I've got to stop getting hurt......that sled parked on my chest has produced its bruising....not real painfull but there nun the less....so, on we go......more later...
    Last edited by snoclo; 03-28-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Al, you rock......got there in plenty of time.....just the bruising that has to come and go....keep me posted on the next sno-check...

Its going to be even harder next year to keep the sled under me...that new Polaris is lighter and wants to tail walk.......says Dan Adams.....

might have to park a cat there then

There are some things I know; I am a Van guy...lousy gas mpg, but I am a van guy....i am a polaris guy......real mad at them at times but I am a polaris guy.....Pat.......

There are some things I know; I am a Van guy...lousy gas mpg, but I am a van guy....i am a polaris guy......real mad at them at times but I am a polaris guy.....Pat.......
    carter u going to be at haydays this year

hahaha

I think I will.......haydays has a way of getting the juices going....and with my friend Scott living in Princeton its a no brainer....

"I'm a van guy". A famous qoute in the rental shop....serious me and logan are on the floor laughiing right now that u posted that....jack

Quote Originally Posted by jafraune View Post
    "I'm a van guy". A famous qoute in the rental shop....serious me and logan are on the floor laughiing right now that u posted that....jack
    HAAHA we are going need pics of carter in his van..........great riding with you this winter Jack!!!!

Pat...I will get a pic for sure...maybe thiis summer since its getting painted. Good ridin with you too...another early december ride nxt year?

Why do you think I posted it..........LOLOLOL...

Quote Originally Posted by jafraune View Post
    Pat...I will get a pic for sure...maybe thiis summer since its getting painted. Good ridin with you too...another early december ride nxt year?
    I sure Hope so........

whats the snow depth out there at lately

Base depth varies.....still all is around 2-4 ft. OK to ride if you need to get out of the house but to pay for a trip to here now not so much...soon the rotten snow will be here making it a wish for next year thing.....rode Tog. on Tues. last and it was ok to be there. Another thing is the new Iron struggles with overheat issues....almost all riding now is done with scratchers down. I finally parked mine.......the Harley is dirty and needs my attention........

Already thinking & planning for next season, Cat on order, couldn't get beyond the power. Don't be disappointed, but the situation and warranty lead to it. I've already had the KTM out couple times, might be time for another or something different?

X2. Maybe we'll get the chance to ride again next year. First trip is over the Holidays again. We too are in planning mode. New Doo ordered to try some new iron next year. Enjoy the summer!

Chris, not get the chance, will,.... Al, I take it that means another 1100T.....I'm doing the Pro 800 155 for 2013.....we shall see....LOL...

That'll be fun, a Pol, Cat, Doo showdown! Al wins getting to the top of the hill.

Only if he doesn't burn up.....LOLOLOL.....See if he can post the pictures here...???

Here you go boys----- the "Hottest Cat on the Mountain"
    This will be remembered for a long time.
    I don't think we will be talking about burning up sleds anymore!!!
    Flatland Jack

IMG_20120323_164632.jpg

Thanks, Jack......

Quote Originally Posted by Flatland Jack View Post
    Here you go boys----- the "Hottest Cat on the Mountain"
    This will be remembered for a long time.
    I don't think we will be talking about burning up sleds anymore!!!
    Flatland Jack

IMG_20120323_164632.jpg
    holy crap what happened here and who's was it

Default hot cat

did you just let your ins company know wher thier sled is or did you pack it out in a shoe box ?

Default Hot Cat

It was Al's sled. He took it home.
    I have one picture of when we pulled the carcass out of the woods.
    Maybe Greg, Al, Jim, Paul, Brett or Gary have a picture of it loaded onto the trailer.
    I need to call Al "Superman" from now on ----- He pushed that sled by himself 75 feet before it got too hot.
    There could have been a forest fire from this one.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Flatland Jack View Post
    It was Al's sled. He took it home.
    I have one picture of when we pulled the carcass out of the woods.
    Maybe Greg, Al, Jim, Paul, Brett or Gary have a picture of it loaded onto the trailer.
    I need to call Al "Superman" from now on ----- He pushed that sled by himself 75 feet before it got too hot.
    There could have been a forest fire from this one.

Jack
    Whoa nelly! That's quite a fire ball. Any thoughts on how it started?

I'm definitely NOT Superman, had my adrenaline & emotions amped way up though. Not to sure how far I pulled that thing, but I don't think my heart rate slowed until I was home for about a week.

Don't want to speculate, I've been well taken care of.
    2013 1100T ordered.
    I AIN'T Scared?

Summer heat makes you want to read JD....I went up to the lodge to check out the fire.....it looks bad from a far.....however its not close....back in an area we can't ride, wilderness.....put my name on the list should the lodge need help should the wind change the fire direction. All is ok for now. Keep you posted....

So, what about hay days??????? Looks like Jack, Lefty, Kent, and yours truly will be there to beat up on you flatlanders......Come on over.....

So, what about hay days??????? Looks like Jack, Lefty, Kent, and yours truly will be there to beat up on you flatlanders......Come on over.....
    We will be there Carter. See you and Lefty that Saturday!
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

The owner of the hottest cat on the mountain{Al} and I are hoping to be there if we can get the weekend off of work

Had a guy call Derek 2 weeks ago asking for clutch setup on a polaris. What makes this a story is I was in Custer State Park at a stop with 10 other bikes taking a drink. 94 out and the phone in the trunk rings. Someone is thinking about winter and wants to play with his machine in August.....Got to love this sport....too hot to mow, too hot to fish, but not too hot to work on the red rockets....go winter.....that includes you too AL......

Default Never Too Early to Plan

People are starting to get the itch. The Parkers, Dan and I are getting together next Friday for a fish fry and beverages to plan our 2012-2013 trips. Start planning early so that things like work and your boss don't get in the way. Enjoy the Harley while you can!

Trying to gather all info regarding weather to make a decision on riding it to Hay Days......Don't like cold and having to plan early morning and late nite riding to get there puts my in cold. But it would be a great road trip.....maybe dressed in Klim clothes.....LOL...not warm but dry.....I'll keep you informed...you coming over???? More Later...

Had a guy call Derek 2 weeks ago asking for clutch setup on a polaris. What makes this a story is I was in Custer State Park at a stop with 10 other bikes taking a drink. 94 out and the phone in the trunk rings. Someone is thinking about winter and wants to play with his machine in August.....Got to love this sport....too hot to mow, too hot to fish, but not too hot to work on the red rockets....go winter.....that includes you too AL......
    Called the dealer Friday to see if/when my new cat arrives, definitely want to check a couple things this year.
    Might be going to Princeton, not to sure about Hey Days
    Last edited by snoclo; 08-20-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: duh

Trying to gather all info regarding weather to make a decision on riding it to Hay Days......Don't like cold and having to plan early morning and late nite riding to get there puts my in cold. But it would be a great road trip.....maybe dressed in Klim clothes.....LOL...not warm but dry.....I'll keep you informed...you coming over???? More Later...
    hahahah I was with ya and just before that break I was looking at the nice smooth hills in custer thinking"""hmm that be nice on a sled" I wounder if they alow sleds in custer park hahahhahahahahaa

I'm convinced we are all wierd.......part of the fun in riding motorcycles in the mountains for me is looking at all the possibilities of where I might get to or not on a sled. So this morning I wondered; how many of us dream of summer and or other things when we are making the perfect powder carve......that great fish you caught while making a great hill climb.....I want answers..........

Okay Carter..... going skydiving tomorrow (for the first time)....will let you know how that rush compares to snowmobiling. I'll see if I'm thinking about sledding while I'm dropping.
    Otherwise I'm thinking about sledding while I'm fishing. It don't get much better than that.

Definitely weird in average warm blooded humans eyes. My wife tells me so! Summer pretty much sucks in my eyes.

So this morning I wondered; how many of us dream of summer and or other things when we are making the perfect powder carve......that great fish you caught while making a great hill climb.....I want answers..........
    Dream of summer? Rarely ever. Dream of summer WHILE riding sleds? Absolutely NEVER. I dream of the perfect lines I WILL be making across that hill, field or slope. Oh, and how not to wind up in those trees right there.

It's pretty much a 1 way street for me, been sky diving, fishing/boating, on the motorcycle, quads,etc... at some point I was thinking of snow. Can't think of a time I've every thought of anything but sledd'in when I'm rippin' thru trees or a across untracked powder. I do have a weakness when comes time to go down 1/4 mile though, but that's usually only lasts 10-15 seconds at a time.

Well? Last night spent the evening with good friends planning our mountain riding trips for the coming season. Todays forecast is sunny and 91. Boat will be in the water by 10:00. While we will be having fun on the water, the sand bar conversations almost always turn to snowmobiling. We will pull the boat out of the water this afternoon and head over to a snowmobile club fundraiser tonight, only to again talk about the mountain riding that is planned for the winter. Some might call this a disease.....

Quote Originally Posted by lookin4snow View Post
    Well? Last night spent the evening with good friends planning our mountain riding trips for the coming season. Todays forecast is sunny and 91. Boat will be in the water by 10:00. While we will be having fun on the water, the sand bar conversations almost always turn to snowmobiling. We will pull the boat out of the water this afternoon and head over to a snowmobile club fundraiser tonight, only to again talk about the mountain riding that is planned for the winter. Some might call this a disease.....
    Well, here we go...it rained hard Tuesday and Wed. we saw the tops of the Tetons with a covering of new stuff. Also, the storm went NE and Liz. at Togwotee posted a snowing picture there as well......oh boy....this round won't hold, but its started........

I think its time we start A new thread this one is getting to long for newbies to read thru....

yea time to erase 20 pages

We will be there in early March ... my 50th birthday - bucket list thing! I use a helmet with an electric shield, I know I'm not going to be able to use it out there. I'm in need of a new helmet anyway. Looking for suggestions. Wondered if the modulars work OK? Thanks!!!

Default helmet

Quote Originally Posted by foxrvrcat View Post
    We will be there in early March ... my 50th birthday - bucket list thing! I use a helmet with an electric shield, I know I'm not going to be able to use it out there. I'm in need of a new helmet anyway. Looking for suggestions. Wondered if the modulars work OK? Thanks!!!
    There is a Thread above this one with a lot of opinions on helmets. I use an mx style works good you can find a decent one for 75 to 100. Get goggles that a polarized, in flat light conditions I haven't found the right lense yet. have fun you will be hooked for life....

Quote Originally Posted by foxrvrcat View Post
    full face helmet way to warm out there in march

We have another thread. Its the 2012-2013 version. Go to that one.