Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by carter View Post
    Is there room for clean underwear in your backpacks? More later...
    Yes there is. Sign me up sir! Next time we're out there you have to show us some bigger ones than the one you let me cut my teeth on last year...
    Last edited by techsledder; 11-12-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by techsledder View Post
    Yes there is. Sign me up sir! Next time we're out there you have to show us some bigger ones than the one you let me cut my teeth on last year...
    With the new front end, and the EXIT shoocks all around you will really be ready to test that thing out.....Mr. Carter, you will need to show him no mercy....and that is from a loving brother. That is of course he gets a second hall pass for this spring.

Default Jerry Bell

Carter, Is Jerry Bell still around there somewhere? Had a blast years ago with Jerry as our guide and then after dinner going for a ride in his snowcat Christie with a 12pack of beer and a bottle of Schnapps. All this after we had spent our full allotment of time at happy hour sucking down "free" drinks.

Default Carter Sez.....

Boy does that put a date on you....Jerry Bell is working for Wyoming Park and Rec. I'm not sure what he does in summer but the winter has him traveling all over Wyoming building and staking trails in winter. He lives in Riverton. I see him all the time at Togwotee. He's happy...He had enough of the physical part of guiding. He rides on his days off. he spends his work time on a sled so he hasn't left it all together...

little birdie told me someone is loading for a sun pow ride........hmmm

Carter, wondering what the current conditions are like. Haven't seen a weather update since 11/9. We're thinking about doing a pre X'mas trip out but i'm not sure if we should wait a bit. Was think about coming first week in Dec-Any thoughts?

Is that Carters suburban on the Tog. web cam right now? He is riding. Dang Carter gets all the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by polarisrider1 View Post
    Is that Carters suburban on the Tog. web cam right now? He is riding. Dang Carter gets all the fun!
    yep it is......he will have a report soon.......

Quote Originally Posted by Firecatguy View Post
    yep it is......he will have a report soon.......
    well here are the pics i got sent from carter.......he will post the conditions later

Last edited by Firecatguy; 11-21-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Default Carter Sez.....

Yes, that was my Burb....Onefastcat, come now....ok, here it is... at 10,000ft we have at least 5 ft of snow/base. The big storm that was supposed to be here this weekend missed. We got maybe5in. But the warm weather and little bit of rain created base. On top of it is 10 in of powder.Very gooooooooooood riding, and I only rode in one spot...The CD trail out from the lodge is covered, no rocks and dirt like last year, heck we had dirt til mid Jan....I am not a trail rider as you all know but in early season we gotta use them to move around. Firecatguy is going to post the 9 pix. we took, just a taste, no cursing...really, conditions right now are very good. We are expecting a storm for the next 2 days and if it happens plus the cold behind it we will have primo powder. So the season is off to a bang, a good one...So you know, the storm that missed went to Island Park. I hear they are under tons of fresh...

VERY nice! Thanks for sharing guys.

Nice pics Carter. Just asked the wife for the umpteenth million time if she'd consider moving to Jackson!! Still a no go! Thinking I've got 20+ years to work on it though!

Default Carter Sez.....

Them wives, absolutely no sense of humor...LOLOLOL

Friggen sweet! Thanks for sharing Carter!
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

This thread is like the " honey hole " of threads right about now. I love to come and take a look at those pictures every morning...... since yesterday anyways. I'm still in waiting it out mode but keep dreaming of the day I can take my kids out here. My son is only 13 and there is no way I could fly out with his older sisters and leave him behind. Maybe I can talk the wife to moving out there ???? havent tried that 1 yet, however I did get her to move to Michigan 10 years ago. MORE pictures PLEASE.......

Quote Originally Posted by mjkaliszak View Post
    This thread is like the " honey hole " of threads right about now. I love to come and take a look at those pictures every morning...... since yesterday anyways. I'm still in waiting it out mode but keep dreaming of the day I can take my kids out here. My son is only 13 and there is no way I could fly out with his older sisters and leave him behind. Maybe I can talk the wife to moving out there ???? havent tried that 1 yet, however I did get her to move to Michigan 10 years ago. MORE pictures PLEASE.......
    you might be surprised to find out that one Carters good friends and customer at Tog (was 13 when i met him 2 years ago) and he can ride........Riley has been behind Carter for some years now!!!

Mike, you wanna go? Bring your son He can ride a 121 out there. Seen it done. You will get father of the year for that trip. We travel right past your house on the way out there. Pull him out of school, or due mid winter break. At 13 it would be the perfect "Rite of passage".

Default Carter Sez.....

I have found that using the excuse of the "kids can't cuz" is about something else. Back a few years ago I had a family here and their son, then 8 years old was on a Phazer. He could go anywhere we all went. Yes he had to be watched but they quickly found out that was my job and I am good at it. Then there is the Douglas Family from COLO., their 12 year old son was on a 800 polaris. Way too much sled for a young boy. WRONG....he could ride then and you should see him now...Then there's Riley.....10 or 11 when he first came. Dad bought him a new Phazer a couple years ago...I could see the struggle he was having and put him on my700 polaris RMK guide sled. Then he rode my polaris 700 RMK 163 tuned rocket. His dad was so mad at me, he saw the difference in his riding and new the phazer had to go away. He's on a 600rmk155 and that young man is a mountain rider. He isn't stupid, he rides with all kinds of caution and care, some thing that is rare in young people. He hates to lead and I make him do it all the time. Moral to the story, is its up to you and your children. They are so much fun to watch and ride with when they are taught right. Hello dad, bring them ...... as for conditions today, I give up....expecting 18 inches by Wed. am in town. Elevation got 20 inches over the weekend and Togwotee had 6 in new as Derek drove to work yesterday over Tog. pass. It's here with a bang... more later...

Default Carter Sez.....

Thanks Wayne, kinda what I said.....

Carter,

I can't believe you own a "Sub". What happened to the blue Ford van?

Default Carter Sez.....

Still got it. Its the carpet van. Boy, it sure sucked today... Were having a snow event in Jackson and I neglected to get my studded snows on. Its ok, only have to drive it 1 more day... Then its burb heaven and guiding... Can't get rid of that van....the old -itch runs so good....

I have found that using the excuse of the "kids can't cuz" is about something else. Back a few years ago I had a family here and their son, then 8 years old was on a Phazer. He could go anywhere we all went. Yes he had to be watched but they quickly found out that was my job and I am good at it. Then there is the Douglas Family from COLO., their 12 year old son was on a 800 polaris. Way too much sled for a young boy. WRONG....he could ride then and you should see him now...Then there's Riley.....10 or 11 when he first came. Dad bought him a new Phazer a couple years ago...I could see the struggle he was having and put him on my700 polaris RMK guide sled. Then he rode my polaris 700 RMK 163 tuned rocket. His dad was so mad at me, he saw the difference in his riding and new the phazer had to go away. He's on a 600rmk155 and that young man is a mountain rider. He isn't stupid, he rides with all kinds of caution and care, some thing that is rare in young people. He hates to lead and I make him do it all the time. Moral to the story, is its up to you and your children. They are so much fun to watch and ride with when they are taught right. Hello dad, bring them ...... as for conditions today, I give up....expecting 18 inches by Wed. am in town. Elevation got 20 inches over the weekend and Togwotee had 6 in new as Derek drove to work yesterday over Tog. pass. It's here with a bang... more later...
    Well said Carter. My buddy Joe has a 14 year old son, he started riding when he was around 10-11. His first ride was a 98 XC700, one of Joe's old sleds that he still had. He is now on Joe's old 02 RMK 700 144x2. His first trip with us to the U.P. was April of 2007. That week 60" fell between Tuesday, and Saturday. One heck of a first rip for the lad. Anyways, even though he is only 14, he has been riding for quite sometime now, and does not ride over his head, and listens to what we tell him, even though he does throw in the occasional "yea, I know". This year he will be making his first trip out west with us, the Snowies in January. He attended the avy class swith us last week, and was full of questions on the way home.

As far as people saying kids shouldn't be on a 600, 700, 800, whatever, it depends on the kid. I forgot to mention he is a farm boy, there really isn't much he hasn't driven! LOL.

The first pic was March of 07 when he was 11, and the second one was in Dec of 09 when he was 13. The last one is what 13 year olds do when they are told to wash the mold release off the new belt. LOL.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Still got it. Its the carpet van. Boy, it sure sucked today... Were having a snow event in Jackson and I neglected to get my studded snows on. Its ok, only have to drive it 1 more day... Then its burb heaven and guiding... Can't get rid of that van....the old -itch runs so good....
    My old man still talks about the time you let him and Jerry Berg use it to "Tour" the local refreshment stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    Well said Carter. My buddy Joe has a 14 year old son, he started riding when he was around 10-11. His first ride was a 98 XC700, one of Joe's old sleds that he still had. He is now on Joe's old 02 RMK 700 144x2. His first trip with us to the U.P. was April of 2007. That week 60" fell between Tuesday, and Saturday. One heck of a first rip for the lad. Anyways, even though he is only 14, he has been riding for quite sometime now, and does not ride over his head, and listens to what we tell him, even though he does throw in the occasional "yea, I know". This year he will be making his first trip out west with us, the Snowies in January. He attended the avy class swith us last week, and was full of questions on the way home.

As far as people saying kids shouldn't be on a 600, 700, 800, whatever, it depends on the kid. I forgot to mention he is a farm boy, there really isn't much he hasn't driven! LOL.

The first pic was March of 07 when he was 11, and the second one was in Dec of 09 when he was 13. The last one is what 13 year olds do when they are told to wash the mold release off the new belt. LOL.
    hahaha. E-man's gonna have the time of his life! (As short as it's been!). Tell him I've got a couple belts that need washing, and a few plugs that need polishing! Make sure he brings his wash cloth and wire brush!! haha.

Thanks for the encouragement. I have every intention of getting out there, I'm still working it out. I ran into problems with rentals and his age. My son... is quite the rider ( I must say ) . Carter & Wayne you guy's will like him, he is polite, respectful, humble and honestly a better / safer rider than me. He is agile & quick and I have spent 6 years grooming him. My 40+ to 50+ year old buddies " love him " and they all have complimented me on how well he rides. They admire his " respect for the machine " . Honestly he is a better rider than myself, not to mention exhibits none of my charcter defects. ( that would be good ). We are coming, I guess I will have to drive a sled out there or can I rent 1 for him ? I couldn't in years past, I even offered the rental guy's cash up front for his rental , like 10k with the explanation if he wrecks it I would buy the sled on the spot .... but they wouldn't budge. Wayne keep in touch, one way or another i'm going to work this out. Carter we are going to look you up and request you as a guide when we come. I better stop smoking and get preparred to start digging sleds out now. I'm working on this.....

Default Carter Sez.....

Be a little more specific...Driving a sled out for your boy?...does that mean along with all the rest of the sleds you are bringing or are you renting everything out here and only driving his sled out.. Also, give me more info on him, size sled he can ride, what brand, I might be able to find a rental in town...or you find one in town and give it to him. There are ways to do this...more later...

Still got it. Its the carpet van. Boy, it sure sucked today... Were having a snow event in Jackson and I neglected to get my studded snows on.
    Cool! You guys run studded tires all winter long. They put down so much salt here our roads aren't white from snow... it's the salt. It's pathetic really. We go through vehicles faster too...

Carter, I think we are bitting the bullet and doing the 18 hour drive out next week.We are planning on being there Dec. 1-7th Couple questions-Will the lodge be open for Dec 1? Will there be guides and sled rentals available also? I've just heard a few different dates on things and want to clarify before we can.

Be a little more specific...Driving a sled out for your boy?...does that mean along with all the rest of the sleds you are bringing or are you renting everything out here and only driving his sled out.. Also, give me more info on him, size sled he can ride, what brand, I might be able to find a rental in town...or you find one in town and give it to him. There are ways to do this...more later...
    Carter, I wanted to chew on this a little before I replied. I have 3 kids coming ( they all are in agreement ) 2 daughters & my son. . I would prefer to fly , rent 3 from TOG and we will ship my buddy's sled from Boulder for the event. I thought we would ship all our gear ahead of time UPS RED, then me and my motley crew fly out, ride for 3 days and fly back. That is the best I can come up with, I'm thinking we not going to be wearing the orange bubble face helmets, my daughters would revolt. My kids can ride, they have all been at it since 4-5 yrs old. Things get complicated since my daughters think they are better than my son, however I can tell you that is not so. Jessica rolled the F6 3X last year thinking she was as good as Matt. Sara likes to stick them in the trees , sink them in the lakes and miss turns, Matt only catches rentals on fire and burns down motors ! STILL WANT TO BE OUR GUIDE ??? Additionally, I have a long laundry list charcter defects . Feel free to wear your colored bra , kids will love it. Do you have a guide schedule that shows when your available ? I'm thinking we will come to ride during the week fly SAT or SUN ride M-T-W-TH-F ???? depends on your availability then fly back, after our DEC 25- Jan 1 trip to the western UP. JAN - FEB ? As far as my son, he has had a POO 600RR for the last 3 years , put about 7800 miles on it ( trail riding ). Also can ride my SD 800R, and I just bought him another racer 07 800 XRS from a good buddy, ALL the kids are good on 800's or 600's they have been trained to " have respect for the machine ". All can follow directions, all are respectful to the sport & to other peoples belongings. I will let you " chew" on this info for a while. Another thought, I might try to round up 1 of the kids friends to bring with, ( a snowmobilier ) an extra grand I don't have a problem with, let me check on air fare ect... that may complicate things . Additionally, if you have a family as you mentioned above with kids around the same ages , that have a trip scheduled with you as the guide, we can consider getting there / making plans for the same days. My kids would love that. 1 more thing WE have no mountian riding skills ! We will need a leader.
    Please consider. Sorry for the essay.
    Best Regards & Happy Thanksgiving
    Mike
    Last edited by mjkaliszak; 11-25-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Hey carter is this you? that was a great day!

Wayne, let Me & Matt get some skills under our belt in the mountains. I spent about 1hr 15 min talking with Carter about our trip. Then as time goes on we would love to start tagging along with some of your trips. Even talked with Carter about storing a couple of M sleds out there in the future. I think we will want to develope some skills & learn a little and start making this part of our winter program. Spent another 1.5 hrs looking at You Tube videos about riding out west. I have been wanting to do this for 4-5 years, now is the time to start. We are going to rent the new POO 155's , Carter said there pretty sweet.

Wayne, let Me & Matt get some skills under our belt in the mountains. I spent about 1hr 15 min talking with Carter about our trip. Then as time goes on we would love to start tagging along with some of your trips. Even talked with Carter about storing a couple of M sleds out there in the future. I think we will want to develope some skills & learn a little and start making this part of our winter program. Spent another 1.5 hrs looking at You Tube videos about riding out west. I have been wanting to do this for 4-5 years, now is the time to start. We are going to rent the new POO 155's , Carter said there pretty sweet.
    Sounds good!

ok its official Im going nuts.............

I'm going nuts too...

19 days and counting

ok its official Im going nuts.............
    its ok...just a couple more days...shhh can you hear the clock? tic tic tic.

Quote Originally Posted by rvahlsing View Post
    its ok...just a couple more days...shhh can you hear the clock? tic tic tic.
    No New pro....taking dragon!! truck and trailer is packed....leaving 10pm sun....whoooohooo......

we'll see ya wednesday! yeeehaw

Any info on rental prices @TOG for the 800 POO PMK's per day when doing the " all inclusive " package. They say you get a discount , just curious, I'm trying to put numbers together. I could'nt get anyone on the horn when I called today. I estimating 250 per day ?

Default Carter, just a warning?

Greg & I will be arriving on the 26th, Frank says he's go'in with this time, also.
    Any word from Brett A. & Jack yet, last time I spoke with them, they said the time between Christmas and New Years worked best for them.

Polarisrider1, when you arriving? Don't forget the ropes.

Default sled rental

$250.00 is a pretty close guess per day for a 800 Rmk 155" with a beacon & insurance.
    Any info on rental prices @TOG for the 800 POO PMK's per day when doing the " all inclusive " package. They say you get a discount , just curious, I'm trying to put numbers together. I could'nt get anyone on the horn when I called today. I estimating 250 per day ?

won't delete
    Last edited by snoclo; 11-27-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Default Carter Sez.....

Snoclo, Brett comes Dec. 31 he's got to build his trip around the kid and his college break... Jack will be here Dec. 15 to 19 so you miss then both. Hope you got enough rope to do the job alone.....LOL ain't going to happen.. not 2 years in a row. once every 14 years is enough... see ya soon

Snoclo, Brett comes Dec. 31 he's got to build his trip around the kid and his college break... Jack will be here Dec. 15 to 19 so you miss then both. Hope you got enough rope to do the job alone.....LOL ain't going to happen.. not 2 years in a row. once every 14 years is enough... see ya soon
    never say never. was Snoclo part of that event?

Default Carter Sez.....

Yes he was on the Doo and big Greg was on the Cat...

Anybody wondering if they have snow in tog, here some pic of trip over thanksgiving.
    Talk too ranger up there,who has been there for 30 years, never seen this much snow so early,
    100" so far this winter, and anybody who has not rode in this much snow, you can watch
    all the video you want, it won't help, you have too ride in it and after you get stuck a
    gazzillion time you will learn.
    But that a part of ridding out west everybody gets stuck or your not having fun!!!!!

Think Snow!!!!

Default Carter Sez.....

Well I rode today. The early snow has turned to base. The new snow sits on top of the base giving a 12 to 16 in powder ride. This ain't no sales pitch.. the conditions are to die for right now... For those of you who know names we rode Split Rock most of the day and the willows are 90 % covered...WOW!!!!!!!! AND FOR THE WEATHER REPORT...It starts snowing again Wed. afternoon. Clouds and snow til Monday.... more later

I'm headed your way tomarrow, Can't wait!!!

Well I rode today. The early snow has turned to base. The new snow sits on top of the base giving a 12 to 16 in powder ride. This ain't no sales pitch.. the conditions are to die for right now... For those of you who know names we rode Split Rock most of the day and the willows are 90 % covered...WOW!!!!!!!! AND FOR THE WEATHER REPORT...It starts snowing again Wed. afternoon. Clouds and snow til Monday.... more later
    had a blast the snow was friken AWSOME for the first ride of the year..........

Excellent Pat! You guys are lucky! What happen to Red's new ride??

It did not get to dealer in time.......Diggers let him take his Dragoon he traded in....got it right off the show room floor.....................

Friggen saweeeeet!

Crap Pat,
    I told myself I was going to take my time getting ready leave today... then I looked at your pics. Thanks man, now I'll probably forget something!! LOL

I can't take the wait anymore, heading out at the end of feb.
    Great pics, is this some of your group in the webcam?

Nope thats there big white trailer behind the small one with the 2 guys unloading. They are leaving Robbie's trailer up at Togwotee cause they are staying down in Jackson. Tog isn't open yet, not till Dec. 6th I believe. That could be there other buddies though that were to show up today. Pretty soon you'll see my White F-250 with Landscape advertising stickers on it sittting in front of the webcam.

Pat picture's look great, looks like you guys are having a good time. Hope Dave isn't hold you and the others up. Keep the pictures coming.

nope dave is doing great!!!!!!!but this guy im not so sure of.....

nope dave is doing great!!!!!!!but this guy im not so sure of.....

Never seen anyone snortin a hotdog bun!! Did it help him climb better? *L*

Default Carter Sez.....

Thanks Mullan, last time I let you try to feed me.....The conditions are just plain awesome now. Over Thursday nite we got 8 in. in the yard. 14 in up top. Did a full on trail ride back to the lodge in no tracked 14 in deep powwwwwwwww. Won't stop snowing til Tuesday. This sounds like a broken record but its true.. Treat your self to a Pre- Christmas ride. Its doing wonders for the fix.....more later...

Default Chopper at Tog this AM?

I was checking out the webcam for a short break this AM. And I noticed a Chopper sitting the parking lot of the log... Rockstar customer? Bad accident & needed for rescue??
    Last edited by techsledder; 12-10-2010 at 12:02 PM.

My guess would be either AC or Polaris is shooting some marketing material.

I can remember seeing a heli there in December in previous years and that is what it turned out to be.

Hopefully not search and rescue, but I would imagine they would keep that at the airport in the valley. Less chance of it getting grounded by weather than up on the mountain.

Wouldn't it be nice to fly in there via heli from the Midwest?!

-John

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    My guess would be either AC or Polaris is shooting some marketing material.

I can remember seeing a heli there in December in previous years and that is what it turned out to be.

Hopefully not search and rescue, but I would imagine they would keep that at the airport in the valley. Less chance of it getting grounded by weather than up on the mountain.

-John
    Yep John thats probably it. I know that when I was there sunday they said Arctic Cat was showing up Monday for photo shoots, testing and that kind of stuff. Looks like the clouds/snow hasn't left since I was there... It was pretty dark then.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
    I can't take the wait anymore, heading out at the end of feb.
    Great pics, is this some of your group in the webcam?
    hey thats me on the black polaris and my dad on the doo!
    Last edited by rvahlsing; 12-10-2010 at 10:19 PM.

ruh roh, looks like somone uploaded too many pics on photobucket been there done that

Default Carter Sez.....

Yes, it was Arctic Cat doing a shoot. I was up there for the week and could not get to a computer. So,......while I was there it snowed. About 3 ft. Conditions are so good right now that its hard to explain. Its cloudy and overcast most of the time due to constant snowing but thats a good thing. Sat. I rode in 3 plus feet of Wyoming dry powder. WOW!!!!! So we have winter. All the willows in muscrate flats are gone or covered, all the willows in Split Rock are gone. For those that don't know names of areas ask but you get the Idea. Not rubbing it in just stating facts and conditions. Merry Christmas to all have a great riding year wherever you are and I'll talk again tomorrow. Supposed to be getting 12 in and 70 mph winds, stay tuned.....

I mis it sooo much already!!!

11 days and counting DOWN !!!Going to the UP to "break in" my wifes new 146 e-tec on friday then it off to TOG on the 26th.... Just can't get there soon enough !

I was doing powder turns in the parking lot today...how bout that?

Default Carter Sez.....

What a suprise to pull into the Tog. lot and find 10 in. of snow. A little sun but mostly cloudy. Festus had his mojo working today. Just when you think it can't get better.....boy is there powder here...............

Default 9876....

9 more days, and not really enough snow here to get shakedown runs in before then.
    Oh well, we'll deal with it.
    Let it snow!
    Carter, heard anything from Doug ee, or are the plows keeping him close to home.

Quote Originally Posted by snoclo View Post
    9 more days, and not really enough snow here to get shakedown runs in before then.
    Oh well, we'll deal with it.
    Let it snow!
    Carter, heard anything from Doug ee, or are the plows keeping him close to home.
    Doug there....been there few weeks now we rode with him nov 30th

Default Carter Sez.....

Allen, Doug has been here 10 days so far in Dec. Last day is today for a while. He's chasing the powder this year. And that we have. Work the bugs out here. High pressure now. Snow starts Sun. again with no end in sight. Did my first muscrat flats run yesterday. Willows covered in Dec. WOW....we have the snow.....

Quote Originally Posted by rvahlsing View Post
    hey thats me on the black polaris and my dad on the doo!

Cool, 2 more months for me

Hey Snoclo just get the Ditchydoo out and ride it or the 250 yamy.

Snoclo. I m trying to get the 800 e tec broke in before we go. Going to ride tuesday afternoon and again thursday morning. Last thursdays ride didn't go so well. I hope carter saves some pow for us.

Default Carter Sez.....

I will not save any powder for anybody....I'm going to ride it all. Problem is I can't...so much right now that its ground hog day every day....I go to the same weadow every day and the tracks are gone. how am I ever going to ride it all before you get here....You all know I'm just teasing.... really, it won't stop snowing. There are so many of my hiddy holes I can't get to cuz its so deep and so much, not to worry....Snowing now and expected to get 5 in. in town MERRY CHRISTMAS every one!!!!

We will be heading out to help Carter in tracking up all the new years powder at Togwotee.
    Join us for a ride out west to plow the epic early season powder.
    Departing from Michigan and picking up riders along the way. Check in January 5th and Check out on the 9th. That is five days to blast the hills and meadows of the Togwotee area.
    Email MOMSMOTORSPORTS@HOTMAIL.COM with questions or for more information about heading out to Togwotee. We also have a trip planned for hill climb week to Togwotee.

I'm in for Jan at Togwotee, Could not wait for Cooke, so that makes 4 trips....

Quote Originally Posted by RevKev View Post
    I'm in for Jan at Togwotee, Could not wait for Cooke, so that makes 4 trips....
    There you go using up all your vacation time! Can you get the time off between Tog. and Cooke? Rick can drop you off at the Snowies with me, and pick us up on the way to Cooke? that would be like 9 more days of vacation off between the 2 trips. I am in if you are. I am sure when I get home the wife will have sold the house and moved on, but it is a risk I am willing to take! lol

There you go using up all your vacation time! Can you get the time off between Tog. and Cooke? Rick can drop you off at the Snowies with me, and pick us up on the way to Cooke? that would be like 9 more days of vacation off between the 2 trips. I am in if you are. I am sure when I get home the wife will have sold the house and moved on, but it is a risk I am willing to take! lol
    4 weeks and they are all spoken for

Quote Originally Posted by RevKev View Post
    4 weeks and they are all spoken for
    well that was plan "C" which brings me back to plan "A". So much snow so little time!

Talked to carter yesterday the snow just wont stop......

Hmmmm....

Can we have a show of hands or post for how many members of this discussion board are going to be at TML between Christmas and New Years. I believe we should all meet for a cold one at happy hour.

I will have 5 or 6 from S.E. wisconsin, and I know lookin4snow will be there with 3 I think from madison area... I believe a drink would be in order... I will be the one wearing Klim gear... =)
    Last edited by tim_h; 12-20-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Default Can you see my hand?

Frank, you already know the 3 of us, lookin4snow(Kris) sent me an introduction PM, 2 in his group?
    The 3 of us from Iowa should be easy to spot also, we'll be in Klim gear.

Two of us from Lino Lakes, MN. In Klim gear!

Default Carter Sez.....

That right there is funny....

Default I'm in!

There will be 3 of us heading out - two from the Lodi area and one from Palmyra. I'm the one in Klim gear, the other two are not. Dan has the traditional pumpkin orange Ski Doo coat w/ Klim bibs. Maybe I can get him to buy a new Klim coat in the gift shop this year so he fits in.

Default Klim gear !

now that IS funny !
    Looks like we have 5 due to a broken tib/fib =(

Default Carter Sez.....

Tell Danny I have an extra black one and a red one so he can feel fit in while he is in the Fireside room.....

Default =)

4.5 hrs of work left this year ! 3.5 days until we leave for Tog !
    I am chomping at the bit so much that I am wearing my klim socks to work today !!!

1 from Albertville, 1 from Princeton and 1 from Park rapids. We will be out there the 27th. TML was full so staying at lava mountain lodge. Can't wait.

It is going to be a good time.

Aren't you supposed to be working 700RMK? Have you heard if team "Shake 'n Bake" is going to be around?

I am suppose to be working. Getting ready for vacation though.

I heard team "Shake n Bake" will be in town all logo'd up as well.

Yep that just happened.

see ya in 3 days carter.....

Default carter and lefty

Just got back from Togwotee where we had Carter with Lefty along for our guides. Gotta say had a great time, great snow,and both are great guys to ride with. Anyone going to Togwotee should seriously hook up with these guys. A little advice, leave your ego at home, listen, watch , and RIDE! You won't be disappointed, Thanks guys! Can't recall myself getting stuck (ha! no pictures) but here's a few pic of our guides in "action". Carter "checking his track tension"=1293403838[/IMG] !) Carter "has misplaced his sled" (and for an older guy,a fast runner when the camera is out!) Carter "has misplaced his sled" (and for an older guy,a fast runner when the camera is out!) Lefty "chillin in the shade" Pretty sure Carter is stuck here, in front of Lefty and Derek (Togwotee manager) very embarrassing!

Nice Trench in that last pic