Smile 2012 Yellowstone trip

Just in the planning stages. looking to do a 7 day (5 days of riding) trip out to Yellowstone and surrounding areas about this time next year (2nd to 3rd week of August). Plans would include an all inclusive trip (transport out and back, lodging, meals) Trip is limited to 16 bikes and riders.

Bikes and riders would be shipped by truck. Air travel is up to you and your bike could be dropped off at a secure area near airport for you.

Plan includes riding the Park (permit not included).
    Riding Red lodge and top of the world.
    Jackson Hole loop (both sides of Tetons).
    Togwotee, Brooks Lake, Lava mtn. Dubois ride.
    West Yellowstone, Island Park ride.

When the trip is full it is full. Most everyone who did Sturgis trip wants in this trip to, so if interested step up ASAP. Pricing will vary depending on how many want to share rooms. You may have your own room but it will cost a little more. Camping is not recomended due to the Grizzly Bears.
    Pm or email me if interested.
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 11-04-2011 at 12:49 PM.

I thought Grizzle Bears were extinct...

Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
    I thought Grizzle Bears were extinct...
    Not quite. From the Bozeman (MT) Daily Chronicle:
    Michigan man is second to be killed by a Yellowstone grizzly this summer.

John Wallace of Chassell, who worked at the Portage Lake District Library in Houghton, was mauled to death by a grizzly bear in Yellowstone National Park last week.

This was the second human fatality caused by a grizzly within Yellowstone National Park this year, actually within about six weeks.

Yeah but, I thought the Grizzle was nothing more than the parts of the steak you throw out...

Never mind! Edit Boy!

So Dave you in!

Bear Tooth and Chief Joesph highways are a must do!!
    We've been out there many times and just love riding that area.

Last edited by Pizza Man; 09-06-2011 at 09:47 PM.

this would be fun my group taled about doing this exact thing maybe we can plan it over the winter.....

I have 8 spots filled. Pat if you are interested get with your group and back to me asap. I have 4 more who will let me know tomorrow at our Hospice run. I was planning 16 total. It would be a summer version of where we ride in the winter.

9 spots filled. this trip will fill fast. limit of 16. This trip will be very similiar to a winter time Cooke City trip, only with bikes and a little further range. filling fast jump on board. contact me PR1 if you want to go!

Pat, get with me ASAP. I have 7-8 spots left. We can run right by your house and pick you up. Plan is to Stay in the Cooke City area.

6 spots left for this trip.

We are looking to possible make this a quad trip also. Ride your quads in the same areas you ride your sled at Cooke City. I ship out your quads with the bikes. If this idea interests you let me know. If you want to fly out we can get you picked up at the Bozema Airport and bring you to Cooke City. This trip is in the early planning stages and I am open to ideas. My goal is to ride Cooke, IP, Tog., Lava mtn., Jackson Hole and Red Lodge and Yellowstone on bikes in the summer time. If you want to bring a motorcycle and a quad we can do that too. This would be a nice trip to bring your better half to for a vacation.

New option offered, Fly in and we will have your bike at the airport ready to ride to our home base. You are not obligated to ride with my group but you can if you wish, This trip will be your trip and we just help get you there and home again.

I have pricing together. email me for costs.

Smile

Wife just informed me that trip is on, she has about 5 lady friends going some are single. If any one is thinking of going to let us know so we can find room for you. If you wish to ride out and hook up that would be way cool too! Had a great time this past summer hooking up and riding with fellow JDeer's and would love to do it again.

Again, for those concerned. This is not a for profit event, last trip I subsidised a bunch of it. It is solely intended for my Motorcycle club to ride motorcycles out west and not eat up a ton of vacation time getting out and back. And they said that my friends on JDee are more than welcome to attend with us. Again, I am not advertising, I am inviting.

Why trailer them?

we are doing this wayne but we ride out........our plan is to ride out to sturgis week before rally....put gear down in camp....reload bikes and spend 5days in jellystone...........can not wait........wish we could made it same time....

We will have some riders in tow that do not wish to ride out because of medical and time restraints, nothing to really see along the way,etc. Also we will be riding ATV's a day or two in the mtns. and need a way to get them there. Staying in Cooke City since I am familiar with Cooke. You can stay anywhere but we got a pkg. thing setup with lodging and meals to help save on the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecatguy View Post
    we are doing this wayne but we ride out........our plan is to ride out to sturgis week before rally....put gear down in camp....reload bikes and spend 5days in jellystone...........can not wait........wish we could made it same time....
    I wouldn't mind doing it that way Pat. But you are already 1 day closer than I to Yellowstone. My wife made it clear to me that her and her hombre's are not going to ride 600+ mile days.

Quote Originally Posted by haulngas View Post
    Why trailer them?
    Time.

Hey wayne, what dates are you traveling? We are headed to Bonneville for speed week and would consider having the bikes hauled out so we can ride a few days also.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by kirk600 View Post
    Hey wayne, what dates are you traveling? We are headed to Bonneville for speed week and would consider having the bikes hauled out so we can ride a few days also.

Kirk
    Hi Kirk, dates are not firm as of yet. We are looking at second or third week of Aug. It will be after Sturgis week I know for sure. What dates you looking at?

I am on vacation August 3-16 and I have to be back to work on the 17th. Now the bike(s) can come home after we do, just need to figure out the timing and the financials to decide if we want the bikes brought to us.