Default Who is still riding?

I'm still riding my motorcycle daily to work. It was about 25 this morning (yesterday 29 and flurries). Granted I ride less than 10 miles to work. I stay perfectly warm. I have a great leather jacket, chaps, leather gloves, and I use my no fog mask! I figure I can ride until there is salt on the roads, then it's time to put it away.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Elkhorn Guest

Hi snowdance, we sold our bikes a few years ago but I didn't winterize my bike until the end of November. I would ride it to the in laws for thanksgiving dinner. (Gave me an excuse to sneak out early, before it got too cold after the sun went down.) My commute to work is pretty sizable, (over an hour, at highway speeds), so I would stop riding to work if the morning temperatures got down to the low 40s. (I leave the house at 4 am). Even with the windscreen it took my old bones about half the morning to warm back up. My body just doesn't hold its heat like it used to. Hypothermia is a -----.
    I don't have any pictures of our old bikes on this computer, Ill transfer some over and post them when I get a chance.

Still holding out for one or two more rides.

Default Still Riding!

I actually rode today about 2 hours. It wasn't to bad, upper 50's. As long as I am warm by dressing properly, I love riding in the fall. There were quite a few bike out today too. I usually will not venture out once the strets get salt on them or ir doesn't warm up into the upper 40's to lower 50's.

Kinda hard to think about the bike the last couple weekends. Been marking snowmobile trails. Great weather for doing that, but it would have been nice on the bike too. Gotta work before we play though.

sunday was awesome in northern illinois. did about 75 miles in the sun and very windy day.

iwill be hauling my bike south a couple timesthis winter.

Ya know, the enclosed trailer I'm selling would match and protect that beautiful bike of yours!

ridden 2 dual sport rides in the last 3 weeks in northern il. 150 miles mostly off road and riding again tommorow

I might ride this week a couple times, it's supposed to get back into the 50's. But I'm thinkin after T-Giving, it'll be done for the season.

Cleaned up, battery pulled, jacked up, and covered for the winter last Saturday. They started dumping salt here in Central Wisconsin last week-once they start that, I'm done. That stuff is a b@^*! to get off.

On the upside, I'm heading to the UP Wednesday for turkey day, so the sleds will be coming out of storage. Always helps when you got an addiction.......er....I mean passion that peaks the excitement level that rivals a 5 year old on X-Mas morning to carry you through each seasons .

Looks like T-Giving might be a good day to get out for a spin around here. Either way, I'm OK with it.

Trike is put away and I'm ready for snowmobiling to begin

Default Trying to get out one more time

I was wanting to get out yesterday for a while but the weather didn't cooperate, mid 40's, some drizzle, roads seemed to stay damp all day. They forecasted mid to upper 50's and sun, oh well, maybe this weekend if it gets into the 60's. I also put the bike up once they treat the roads for ice or snow, not worth the risk.

yeap roads here are full on salt now from storm last week all elted but piles of salt everywhere...58deg today

I am still holding out for a ride tomorrow. Supposed to be 58 here. Probably put her away after that.
    Last edited by fgsacts; 11-27-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Took a ride yesterday for a couple hours. Wasn't bad. Temps low 50's and overcast. Forecast is not looking too good for the motorcycle, but that only means its's time to get out the snowmobile!

i put my bike away last week , but spent a few days in kenosha visiting daughter over thanksgiving and there were lots of bikes out there yet....weather was nice temps in the 50,s

Well, December is in the books. It was a balmy 23 degrees when I rode the motorcycle into work today! some flurries in the forecast for this afternoon into tonight.

BTW the No-Fog mask I use for snowmobiling works great on the motorcycle. Also anybody looking for great prices on leather clothing go to www.leatherup.com. I bought my Jacket, Chaps and and gloves all for probably under $200

Default 12/26/11

Got the harley and wifes bike out of storage today, washed them, rode them and put them away. Seen 2 others out on their bike also. who would of thought the day after Christmas in Michigan. Had to decide if to leave lawn mower or snowthrower in garage and store the other. (went with the snowthrower to keep out) Hoping winter gets here. Zero ice on the back waters of the river in my front yard. Squirrels are getting extended nut gathering time in.

If there hadn't been salt on the roads form earlier snow, I would have gone out for a Christmas spin myself. Wonder when winter's coming? Weatherman just said big cold snap on the way in the next couple weeks.....yeah, I'll hold my breath

12/31/11 About six bikes just went by my house. It is 38 degrees with blue sky.

12/31/11 10:00a.m on Lake Winnebago in Menasha,WI a guy was unloading his Buell sportbike (with studded tires) to ride on the ice!

Didn't have time to stick around to watch, but reminded me of this video I had seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM8wwWR73m0

Couldn't resist, can't ride the sled, 55 degrees today I'm ridin the bikeJanuary 6th 2012-2.jpg

Thumbs up Husband rode today, 2-4-12 Southwest MI

My husband rode today. Temp was 42 degrees. I took a pic of him riding down the driveway with snow on the sides of the driveway. This is my first time posting on this subject. Will try to post the pic. Oops, it is 1-6-12
    Last edited by thinkinsno; 01-08-2012 at 02:07 PM.

It was Janurary, not Feb. when I wrote this post. I need to proofread before I post. Sorry!

I was in Fargo, ND today and saw a couple of bikes. That is not good.

I got out for a quick spin yesterday in the Chicago burbs. Supposed to be 50 again this week. If this keeps up I am going to sell the sled and ride the bike year round.

Default 1/10/12

About 45 today. Took a 45 minute ride. Not bad for January.

Picked up my new hog and put 54 miles on her-same as the air temp here in St Paul MN

Scottiking OUTscotts 12 streetglide 1 10 12.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scottiking View Post
    Picked up my new hog and put 54 miles on her-same as the air temp here in St Paul MN

Scottiking OUTscotts 12 streetglide 1 10 12.jpg
    Good looking StreetGlide!

Thumbs up 1/11/12

I rode the bike to work today. It was 23 degrees and it will be almost 50 this afternoon for the ride home. Snow storm tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by scottiking View Post
    picked up my new hog and put 54 miles on her-same as the air temp here in st paul mn

scottiking outscotts 12 streetglide 1 10 12.jpg
    nice!!

North Dakota minus 5 degrees and riding.

Rode last week on 1-10-12. It was 50 in Southwest Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by polarisrider1 View Post
    North Dakota minus 5 degrees and riding.
    I wonder where this guy was heading? California???

Took mine out Friday for a quick spin, not too bad, temps were in the low 50"s. It felt good to feel the acceleration again.