Default Tractor wanted to rent

Snowmobile club in Hartford, WI is looking for a 4WD tractor to groom our trails. Looking for a tractor in the 120 to 150 hp range and looking for good meaty tires that offer some floatation. Our drag is fitted for a tractor with a class II three point hitch. If interested send me an email, clkrummel@gmail.com

Have you tried the local dealers by your club, or one of the club members? The best option for me was to lease from a local dealer for a tractor. A new tractor every couple of years with no issues is nice. Some time in the future I would like to buy a tractor, but for now you do what is needed with the funds you have. Best of luck which ever path you take.
    Howie

What kind leasing deal did you get? One that was comparable to the state reimbursement rate?

440-chazz, aren't you from the Marathon area, if I remember correctly?

Let me know next time you are in the area and I will take you to our groomer shed and show you how we have our tractor set up. If your club can afford it, buy a tractor that is used (maybe approx. 1000 hrs.) and set it up the way you want. Tractors are really low maintenance, as compared to other groomers, and by buying used you will save a ton of money. Even a unit with 1000 hrs. should give you years of trouble free grooming.

My parents live in marathon so i go up there to snowmobile. Trails up there are always awesome. I live in the burbs of Milwaukee and take part in my local snowmobile club down here. Thats our problem about buying something. Our club since I have joined does not have that much money built up in savings for a new rig. We have to get some serious fundraising going before we even consider a purchase of 30k.

I groom with a 9'6" drag and a tractor with four tracks now. I lease a tractor with a 200hr min. lease and 26.50 per hour rate, grooming now for four clubs this year, possibely five.
    As I said this is a start, one of these years I plan to buy a tractor, but right now used tractors are bringing a mint in price
    On the other hand it's nice to drive new stuff every year.