Default My wife won't stop complaining

About how cold her feet have been getting... Thought about the battery socks for $35 or so and the bugathermo boots by Columbia that are battery operated. Has anyone tried either? I've heard good things about boots, but they are $350... Appreciate the feedback

I don't know what the brand name is, but the heat packs that warm up when exposed to air are a cheap fix. I used some in my gloves when heated grips quit working, hands were nice and toasty. Most dealers and suppliers have them, also sporting goods stores.

I haven't used either of the options you mentioned so I'm not really answering your question. However, if I wear the wrong combination of socks my feet get cold. I wear R U Outside boots and Skidoo socks. I have the best luck with the Doo socks as opposed to other wool socks or even polypro liners and a lighter wool sock. I wonder if she changed up whatever she is wearing to see if that helps?

I'd have to have tried a kazillion other things to be willing to spend $350 on boots though! Russholio wears battery socks in his hunting boots and says he loves them. They seem to work well when he sits in his tree stand or the blind for long periods of time.

Good luck! Let us know what you work out and how it works, ok?!

Mrs Russholio

My wife always had problems...tried a lot of different combos and now some doo socks and hot hands (feet) stick on warmers and she is as happy as the day she met me 26 years ago....so at least now she smiles that her feet are warm.....we did find some ski doo boots off season for under $100 too so I picked them up and that helped a little also. But as said above a good pair of socks, and only one pair at a time, and those warmers work the best.

It's all in the socks and boots. Layer with wool to wick away sweat and polly next to the skin. If she can't move her toes easily too tight of boots will do it every time. Battery socks are a good cheap fix as are the hot packs in over sized boots.

My wife is the classic "always cold, all the time" type. Currently she is on anti-coagulants (blood thinner) so she gets colder faster.

I bought her a good pair of boots, Baffin, that are completely huge, and you really can't walk in them, but are great for riding. I think they are the "Impact" type i found at Gander on sale for right at $100. She wears good socks and no foot warmers, which surprised me...

Awesome, thank you all. Ordering up doo thermals and if that's not enough Dennis Kirk has what looks like a heated dr scholls to slip in for $50.

Default Feet Warmers!

My wife always is cold, but I bought her 20 pairs ($2) each pair of stick on foot warmers. She LOVES them also used them for the grandson he said they were too warm.

Those Heat packs for hands/feet work great, but Klim socks & boots solved the problem.

My hunting warmers are actually heated insoles. They're called Hotronics. Pricey, but they do keep my feet warm so I can sit on the stand for hours while hunting. I finally bit the bullet a few years ago after trying God knows how many boots, and different sock combos, and coming to the conclusion that the boot isn't made that will keep my feet warm (while sitting inactive for hours). Not even the military "Mickey Mouse" boots. Heck, my feet can get freezing cold with heavy socks and slippers, just sitting in the house!

I don't have too much problem keeping them warm while sledding. Engine heat is a wonderful thing!

Another option is to check out ThermaCell. They have heated remote control insoles besides other products they sell. With this option, she can adjust the heat as needed. I have purchased the mosquisto repellents for camping from them and have been very satisfied.

www.thermacell.com

Maybe she has diabetes?

They are a little big and clunky, possibly too big for riding, but Baffin Titan's are THE warmest boot I have ever worn. I use them for ice fishing. Sit on a lake all day in below zero weather and never once got cold. I think they're rated to -148 F.

Team Elkhorn Guest

Women are built different than guys, their bodies protect the core temperature more and worry less about the extremities. For 25+ years my wife has always had cold hands and feet. We tried all the popular aftermarket brands. Spent a small fortune at all the shows. We went through so many pairs of boots, socks and mittens we lost count. Some made her too warm, and she would sweat, then get cold. Finally, when we bought our last sleds, she found a pair of leather mittens and a pair of boots that she just loves. All those years of searching and we finally found them... At our snowmobile dealer. Sometimes the easiest solution is the best, who would have thunk it? My point is, it took us 25+ years to find something that worked for her... Good luck!
    And don't get me started on her helmets.

Sorel Glaciers. Feet have never been cold in thousands and thousands of miles...

Also, just remember that she is a woman, so if it is not a complaint about the cold feet, it will be something else.

The wife has a pair of the black Sorels, rubber on the bottom/cordura on top. Feet were always warm when she was driveing her sled, now that she can't drive a sled (hands won't allow it) and is riding on the back of our I/Q Tour, WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY. Tried the foot warmers, too hot then her feet sweat then get cold. Oh and they bunch up by her toes. Bought soem battery operated socks and never even tried em in boots. Put batteries in em and put my hands in side, couldn't even tell they were warming. And the battery pack is a bit awkward.
    So then we purchased a pair of Baffin Impact boots. Well, what with the stellar snow we've had, NOT, she really hasn't had a chance to try them, but holy guacamoly, these things have got to work!!!! Put my hands in em and almost had to run out side!!
    But as Chadlyt posted earlier, the work for his wife so I have high hopes.
    The next step will be the heated foot bed.
    Now we just have to get her hands to warm up. The IQ Touring sleds have BS passenger hand warmers and wind guards. Our previous 2000 Classic 500 Touring had the same passenger hand grips and wind guard but were waaaay warmer. She would usually have to turn them off.

Quote Originally Posted by famousguy View Post
    Sorel Glaciers. Feet have never been cold in thousands and thousands of miles...
    I wear Sorels too with Nike half socks only underneath and never get cold even standing on the ice ice fishing all day! We put 150 miles on in -5 below never even thought about my feet but my hand and thumb warmers were on max!

MOON BOOTS-It's the only way to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by upbarleyboy View Post
    MOON BOOTS-It's the only way to go!!
    that or a good warm sled, My wife has the warmest sled out there. I'm sure many sleds are warm but with today's sled styles it's easy to get cold. Honestly, my wife does not like any sled with a tiny windshield. She wants a functional windshield, good grips and a fan cooled motor. The feet get to hot if you wear light boots. On her sled you need to wear good boots to protect your feet from the heat of the motor,,,no lie. Since we live here in da UP we ride when it's smooth (weekdays), she loves to go slow and take in all the scenery. With that said an old fan cooled with a high windshield will work great. If the wife ain't happy, neither is the husband.

Trukk boots and the one pair of thin socks.

I still think it's an excuse to either not go riding, or when we are riding to make a stop. When it's the latter, it's far easier to stop for 20 minutes than listen to her for endless miles... She rides tandem with me on a Seat Jack I bought for my zr900 - works great, just leaves her feet exposed. And she has a nice pair of Sorel boots, but I am also thinking maybe the way she layers the socks is limiting blood flow. So we'll try to loosen it up on our next ride with some new socks and reevaluate. Looks like I have quite a few ideas to try based on this thread before spending $350 on a pair of heated boots! Thank you all!

Oh...she rides WITH you..no wonder she's cold...well this will be more than a new $350 pair of boots..get her on her Own sled..lol!!
    Seriously tho'..if she's not moving (like u do when riding yourself & cant stick her feet up under the motor as we can..ya brrrrr)I agree with others,more than one pair of socks & youll be cold..try some snowboard socks or skiing socks for women & break the bank show her you really care & buy a good pair of boots..you'll both be happy in the long run!At least she wants to be out riding with ya...lots of other women when asked by their beloved wont even give it a try...
    I like my old Klims but I've upgraded to the new womens HMK but I've heard the womens skidoo boots are toasty warm!Keep your eyes open on ebay,there's been some fabulous deals on there & of course on here too!Good luck & dont give up,good to see a caring man!
    If she happens to wear a size 7:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKI-DOO-SKID...item19cbfd75a2
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKI-DOO-SKID...item19cbfd75a2