Default March 5, 2012 Ride

Some pictures from todays ride. Passed the Pisten Bully and New Holland on the trails back to Houghton, groomed double wide and maybe ten tracks on them, lightly put they were amazing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by packerlandrider; 03-05-2012 at 09:39 PM.

More
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks awesome making me really jealous.
    Thanks for the pictures, how do you think it will hold up with the warmth?

Even more jealous now!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat-ryder50 View Post
    Looks awesome making me really jealous.
    Thanks for the pictures, how do you think it will hold up with the warmth?
    I kind of went into it in a post over in the Area Conditions section, so many variables, but I know this for sure: you get away from towns and there is a 12+ inch base to these trails, quite amazing how much snow you are on top of, both on and off trail. Now the variables: precept type on Wednesday (rain kills snow just as much if not more than March sun), traffic (was pretty light today and probably will be through the week, but put traffic on loose/sloppy trails with plenty of snow...), overnight temps (if trails firm up that can cary into the next day, otherwise its melting straight through), and most importantly, IF the temps drop below freezing at night, will the clubs get out and groom?

I can be fairly certain in saying the hardpack base will hold up away from towns and road crossings at least through this weekend, however I am not sure if the clubs will be able to get that hard pack laying as nice as it is right now.
    Last edited by packerlandrider; 03-05-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)

Quote Originally Posted by packerlandrider View Post
    I kind of went into it in a post over in the Area Conditions section, so many variables, but I know this for sure: you get away from towns and there is a 12+ inch base to these trails, quite amazing how much snow you are on top of, both on and off trail. Now the variables: precept [sic] type on Wednesday (rain kills snow just as much if not more than March sun), traffic (was pretty light today and probably will be through the week, but put traffic on loose/sloppy trails with plenty of snow...), overnight temps (if trails firm up that can cary into the next day, otherwise its melting straight through), and most importantly, IF the temps drop below freezing at night, will the clubs get out and groom?

I can be fairly certain in saying the hardpack base will hold up away from towns and road crossings at least through this weekend, however I am not sure if the clubs will be able to get that hard pack laying as nice as it is right now.
    What kind of precept(s), moral precept(s)? [Precept, noun: a doctrine that is taught ("He believed all the Christian precepts")]
    Precipitation, noun: rain, snow, hail, etc.
    from M.Fr. precipitation (15c.), from L. praecipitationem (nom. praecipitatio) "act or fact of falling headlong, haste," from praecipitare "fall, be hasty," from praeceps "steep" (see precipice). Meaning "sudden haste" is c.1500. Meaning "act of falling from a height" is attested from 1610s. Meteorological sense of "rain, snow, dew, etc." is from 1670s.

[I tried to resist, really I did. ]

Wow, that looks awsome, I really wanna do one more trip next week but temps just dont look good...